1st June 2011, 03:32 AM
Raghuramrayapati

Am I eligible for M.Tech after scoring 60.2% aggregate in B.Tech ECE?

sir i have aggregate exactly 60.2% in B.tech ECE.
Can i eligible for m.tech?
Plz give me reply

4th August 2011, 12:21 AM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech after scoring 60.2% aggregate in B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghuramrayapati View Post
Plz give me reply
Eligibility Criteria for the admission in the M.Tech.

If you complete the B.Tech course and want to get admission in the M.Tech course then you can appear in the GATE examination. GATE examination is conducted by the management of IIT college for the admission in the M.Tech course at IIT college. There are many private institute which take admission through GATE score. To appear in the GATE examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Education Qualification :- To appear in the GATE exam you need one of the following eligibility criteria :

-> Bachelor degree in the field of engineering and technology. Final and Pre-final year candidates of this course are eligible to apply for GATE examination.

-> Master degree in any of the following stream static/mathematics/computer application. Final and pre-final year candidates of this course are eligible to apply for the GATE examination.

NOTE :- There are no age limit and no. of attempt for the GATE examination and also there are no percentage limit in the qualifying examination to appear in the GATE examination.

The many other private college which take own entrance exam for the admission in the M.Tech course. If you have 60% or above marks then you are eligible to appear in the entrance exam of the many private college.

If you want to get more information regarding GATE examination then please visit this website :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/

Regards
~Mukul~
4th August 2011, 12:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech after scoring 60.2% aggregate in B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Plz give me reply
dear friend,

Eligibility criteria

A master's degree in any branch of science or M.Sc. in Mathematics. Students in the final or pre-final year of these programmes are also eligible.

A bachelor's degree in engineering/technology/architecture/pharmacy would also suffice. Candidates in the final or pre-final year may also apply.

if you have 60% in b-tech then you are eligible for GATE exam.

all the best.
4th August 2011, 07:22 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Your eligibility depends not only on your Btech percentage, but also on your performance in the entrance exam, you need to score well in that also.
Having scored 60%, you are eligible for most of the Mtech entrance exams.

You can apply for these exams:
List of M.Tech Entrance Exams

All India Engineering Entrance Exams

BEEE 2011 - Bharath University Engineering Entrance Exam
Birla Institute of Science & Technology - BITSAT 2011 Entrance exam
BIT, Mesra, Ranchi
BITSAT 2011 Entrance exam (BITSAT)
BSAUEEE-2011 - B.S. Abdur Rahman University Engineering Entrance Examination
Calicut University M.Tech entrance exam
DA IICT Entrance exam
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology Murthal M.Tech Entrance exam
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology Entrance exam
GAT 2011 - Gitam University Online Entrance Test
GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE
GGSIPU Engineering CET Entrance exam
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad - M.Tech Entrance exam
Indian School Of Mines, Dhanbad
Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
Institute Of technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bhubaneswar M.Tech Entrance exam
Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
4th August 2011, 07:47 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
you can join m.tech after b.tech for this you have to give some entrance exam under gate which is conducted by the management of IIT college through this rank many more private college also give admission in their college.

to give gate exam their is no age limit you can appear any time.
for more details you can visit website http://www.iitk.ac.in

good luck..........
4th August 2011, 08:42 AM
anki14542

Quote:
Plz give me reply
Yes,you are surely eligible for pursuing M-Tech after you have completed B-Tech.

Another thing is that mainly for doing M-tech you have to go through a competitive exam,known as GATE.This exam is you gateway to M-Tech.So you must score well in this exam to get through with some good colleges.The better you score,the better college you will get.

Classes at different institutes are conducted in order to prepare candidates well fit to clear GATE exam with good percentile.So,do not sit back,just go forward and get admitted to one of the institutes.
Some institutes you can get into:

A person named,Raghunandan([email protected]). He has rewarded students with his excellence.So you can contact him too.
TIME
VIET,Hyderabad
Ace Engineering Academy

You can also go for Gate forum,but I have seen people suffering in there.So,choice will be yours.

Kindest Regards.
4th August 2011, 09:51 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes,you are eligible for joining M.TECH.
for admission in M.TECH there is not require mark
for admission there is you give the entrance exam like
GATE.

if you get a good score in this exam then you eligible for apply IIT
or NIT.
if you pass in the exam then you get admission in allover india
which college you want
because all INDIA they will accept the GATE score.......

Good Luck...........
4th August 2011, 12:34 PM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech after scoring 60.2% aggregate in B.Tech ECE?

Hi friend,

A candidate must have passed B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Electronics & Communication/ Computer/ Electronics/ Electrical Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering from the University of Delhi or equivalent qualifications from recognized University/Institutions.
or must have passed in the A.M.I.E. (India ) Exam with appropriate Specialization/ Grad. I.E.T.E (India), AMIE (London), or any other examination in the concerned branch recognized as equivalent to B. E. Degree by the University of Delhi.

After passing in B.E. or B.tech you must for admission to full time M.tech course must have valid GATE score card. (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).

You have passed your B.Tech with average marks and now you can start to learn for GATE exam and after clearing the GATE exam you can join your M.tech.
4th August 2011, 12:49 PM
Sehwag6

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech after scoring 60.2% aggregate in B.Tech ECE?

eligibility fir mtech:-
**finished your graduation in btech/be or finished msc like master degree
**you must graduate aptitude test in engineering(gate)
**get good gate score means good and top colleges
best of luck
5th August 2011, 12:29 AM
suchiii

yes you are eligible for M.tech at score 60%,you have to give some examination for admission in mtech ,exams like GATE and there are various universities which conduct the exam for Mtech ,there is no need for marks it depends on the score in entrance exam.
5th August 2011, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

HI,I'M 3RD YEAR INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT STUDENT I WANTED TO KNOW THE SYLLABUS FOR MTECH PGCET ENTRANCE EXAM
5th August 2011, 09:28 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

yes you are eligible for doing M.tech because your B.tech aggregate percentage is more than 60 percent which is sufficient for take admission for M.tech and by qualifying Gate exam you can get very good college like IIT's NIT's for doing M.tech.
17th October 2011, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum percentage required in 10 , 12 or b.tech for m.tech from iit
17th October 2011, 09:02 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
GATE is the aptitude exam for the aspiring Engineers whose identity is brought out by performing well in the exam.It is one of the prestigious exam in India.

The academic qualification required for it are
1.Bachelor degree from the engineering discipline.
2.masters degree in the field of maths,science,computer,etc.
There is no age limit for appearing in the exam
final year students are also eligible.
you can get into M.tech with the gate score or by writing the entrance exam conducted by the state government like TANCET,PGCET,etc.
But you are eligible to appear for the exam.
The gate score is valid for a period of two year.
17th October 2011, 10:00 PM
blizard

My dear friend,
At first you should know that there is no such marks eligibility criteria for GATE.
Your B.Tech marks is not valuable for M.Tech.

For M.Tech you will have to sit for GATE examination conducted by KGP IIT this year.

Criteria :

The candidate should have graduation to apply for GATE but final year students are also allowed here for GATE.
Your age must be within 25 years.
23rd February 2013, 11:14 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Plz give me reply
You have Complete B.tech Course with good percentage of marks . So, Your definitely get admission for M.tech Course in reputed Colleges . Here is provide you the details regarding m.tech Course .

M.tech Stands For Master of Technology . The duration of the course is for two years and the course is divided into four semester . There are so many Colleges in India offers this M.tech Colleges in India .

Specialization in M.tech Course :-

# M.tech in Civil Engineering
# M.tech in Electrical Engineering
# M.tech in Agricultural Engineering
# M.tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
# M.tech in Automobile Engineering
# M.tech in Computer Engineering
# M.tech in Bioinformatics Engineering
# M.tech in Ceramic Technology
# Mtech in Biotechnology

The Eligibility Criteria for M.tech Course is differ From College to College .

To apply for M.tech Course you should Complete Bachelor degree ( B.tech Course ) in any specialization from recognized University . You should score Minimum 60% percentage of marks .

You should qualified in Entrance Examination like, All India Engineering Entrance Examination / Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering / Banaras Hindu University Entrance Examination / Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test / Indian School Of Mines Entrance Examination etc.. The Entrance Examination is based on Objective with Multiple Choice . To apply for Entrance Examination you should qualified in B.tech Course in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for the Entrance Examination .

If your qualified in Entrance Examination then you may get admission for M.tech Course in reputed College . Most of College may first preference to The candidate who score good percentage of marks in Bachelor degree B.tech Course .

Best M.tech Colleges in India :-

# Adhiyamaan College of Engineering
# Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College
# R V College of Engineering
# Amity Institute of Biotechnology
# National Institute of Engineering
# College of Engineering Trivandrum
# Cochin University of Science and Technology
# Anna University Coimbatore
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?