25th January 2012, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MCA entrance exam in Ahmedabad? I am pursuing BCA(6th sem) from IGNOU

I am doing bca 6th semester from IGNOU and i have ( english,hindi,economics,geography,political science and history) subjects in 10+2 from CBSE.I want to admission in ahmedabad.Am i eligible for mca entrance exam?

28th May 2012, 06:09 PM
__Prateek
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA entrance exam in Ahmedabad? I am pursuing BCA(6th sem) from IGNOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing bca 6th semester from IGNOU and i have ( english,hindi,economics,geography,political science and history) subjects in 10+2 from CBSE.I want to admission in ahmedabad.Am i eligible for mca entrance exam?
Yes , you are eligible.You have to sit for the GCET (gujarat common entrance test ). the score you will secure in the test will decide the admission in colleges.

GCET MCA 2012 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ~

you have to posses any of this criteria for appearing in the gect.

1.Applicant should secure atleast 50 % marks in graduation in any stream ( 45 % for ST,SC and OBC. )

OR

Applicant should have done BCA.

OR

Student who are appearing for the final year of the qualifying year

GCET QUESTION PAPER STRUCTURE ~

The question paper will carry 150 question of total 600 marks and the time allotted is 2hr. For every correct answer 4 marks is being allotted and the negative marking is 1 marks per wrong question.

TOPICS ~

1. Mathematics

2.general and computer awareness

3.reasoning

CENTERS ~

1.Rajkot

2.vadodara

3.bhavnanagar

4.ahmedabad

5.gandhinagar

6.surat

7.mehsana

8.kadi

HOW TO APPLY ~

Candidates have to visit their website for the online registration.download the fee challan form and get its printout.

make the payment using the challan in the bank mentioned by the website.

candidate will receive information bulletin and password along with username from the help center.

DECLARATION OF RESULT ~

it will be declared on the respective website.

FINAL DATE OF ONLINE REGISTRATION ~

3RD WEEK OF JUNE 2012.

DATE OF ENTRANCE ~

last week of june.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE ~

http://www.gtu.ac.in
11th June 2012, 12:03 PM
sahiljain12

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA entrance exam in Ahmedabad? I am pursuing BCA(6th sem) from IGNOU

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application and the duration of this course is 3 years and the admission in this course is based on IIT JAM as well as NIMCET Examination. You have to cracked any one of the examination to get seat in top MCA Colleges.

To apply for this examination you have to complete your Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics with least 55% aggregate marks.

You can also apply for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test, a National Level Test conducted by NITs for admission in to their MCA programme. To apply for this examination you have to complete atleast 60% marks aggregate or 6.5/10 CGPA in Intermediate examination or equivalent, with Mathematics as one of the subjects and you must have a Bachelor’s Degree of 3 year or more duration from a recognized University with at least one of the following as a chosen subject of study:
~~ Mathematics
~~ Statistics
~~ Business Mathematics
~~ Business Statistics
~~ Discrete Mathematics,
~~ Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
~~ Computational Mathematics
~~ Elementary Mathematics
~~ Elementary Statistics.

So, to get admission in MCA Course in top colleges you have to apply for any one of the examination. But for this year examination was already completed. So please apply for this examination next year and for more details check official website.

thNK YOU
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?