5th March 2015, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study MCA in IGNOU if working as a Service Engineer in HP after completed Hardware & Networking course and B.A.?

I am doing a job in a Firm under HP as a Service Engineer.
I have not enough time to studying MCA as full time .
I want to admit IGNOU for MCA. I have passed
DOEACC ' O' level Hardware & Networking course.
I am also Bachelor of Arts graduate.
If am I eligible for MCA under IGNOU?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do after MCA? Various jobs/options available after MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to apply for B.Tech(CSE) if completed 3 years diploma in Hardware & Networking program?
  3. Am I eligible to get IT job in TCS being a Commerce student having completed Hardware and Networking course?
  4. Can I study MCA in IGNOU if completed BCA 2 years ago? Is it possible to get Technical jobs after completing MCA from IGNOU?
  5. What should I do to join in Mechanical field being a candidate having completed B.Tech in CSE and working in Hardware & Networking department of Hero Motors?
  6. Is it a good choice for me of opting for Hardware and Networking course after completion of MCA course?
  7. Are there any government railway jobs for IT students?
  8. MCA or MBA (IT & Marketing), better course after BCA along with Hardware and Networking course?
  9. What is better for me between MSc IT and MBA IT? I have completed B.Com and Hardware and Networking from Jetking
  10. Job opportunities after B.Tech?
  11. Am I able to do a Job in CBI having completed H.Sc and also knowledge of Computer Hardware & Networking?
  12. Eligibility criteria and syllabus of TNPSC Group-I & II exam for software engineer having MCA degree?
  13. Job opportunities in Government sector for 12th student who has completed Diploma in Hardware & Networking?
  14. What will be the scope of Hardware & Networking course after completion of 12th class in Commerce stream?
  15. What kind of Part time Jobs I can get being a candidate of pursuing Hardware & Networking course?
  16. How to do diploma in computer hardware and networking after completing HSc?
  17. Which sector is best suitable for me to get job having completed MBA, B.Com, Post Graduate Diploma in Hardware & Networking and Diploma in Tally and Practical Taxation?
  18. What are job opportunities in IT in Assam? I am working in CMC ltd as a service engineer
7th April 2015, 11:39 PM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MCA in IGNOU if working as a Service Engineer in HP after completed Hardware & Networking course and B.A.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, of course you are eligible for MCA through IGNOU. Those candidates who are interested to do MCA through IGNOU are required to study Mathematics subject at 12th standard or Graduation level. Since, you belong from art stream so you are required to appear and qualify in the BCS-012 course concurrently with IGNOU MCA.

MCA Eligibility Criteria through IGNOU:

Those candidates who have completed three years Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible and the applicants must studied Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level or graduate level. Those candidates who are not studied Maths at +2 or graduation level, then you should register for BCS-012.

IGNOU Contact Information:
Address: # RZ-A-44, Road Number 4, Block B, Mahipalpur Extension,
New Delhi, Delhi 110037
Phone: 011 2953 3869
Official Website - www.ignou.ac.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MCA Assignment 2013 14 - I Sem.pdf(296.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: pdf MCAPROGRAMME_GUIDEJuly2013.pdf(1.88 MB, 161 views)
9th April 2015, 01:53 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to study MCA in IGNOU if working as a Service Engineer in HP after completed Hardware & Networking course and B.A.?

Minimum eligibility to get admission in IGNOU for MCA Course :

As per the norms of IGNOU - Indra Gandhi National Open University a candidate must have :

Passed a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university of minimum 03 years duration AND

Must have passed Mathematics as one of the subjects at 12th level.

If candidate has not studied mathematics as a compulsory subject at 12th level then he/she will be required to pursue and pass the BCS 012 course with IGNOU MCA.

If the candidate has studied mathematics at 12th level then the candidate does not need to pursue BCS 012 course.

Duration of MCA course is minimum 03 years and maximum 06 years in IGNOU.

Fee structure of MCA course in IGNOU :

9000 rupees per semester means 9000 x 6 = 54000 rupees will be the fee structure of complete masters in computer application course.

You can get admission easily and you must check details of admission procedure as well because this is compulsory to know well IGNOU conducts OPENMAT entrance test to provide admission in MBA course but no idea about MCA admission and as per the knowledge it do not need to qualify any pre test for MCA course.

MCA has a lot of job opportunities and IGNOU is a recognized university in the world and once you complete your MCA with the job then you will be offered various higher level jobs after your current job and it is sure that your future is secure.
9th April 2015, 09:51 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible to study MCA in IGNOU if working as a Service Engineer in HP after completed Hardware & Networking course and B.A.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Yes, you are eligible for the Course of MCA through IGNOU. Since, IGNOU also undertakes the Students from part time Learning. They also offers Distant Education. Since, the Same situation was with my colleague, so he is doing the correspondence from IGNOU. So, just apply for the Correspondence Course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?