12th April 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for SLET after completing M.A Arabic?

i have completed ma Arabic Are i eligible for slet?...plase tell me if I am eligible

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study M.A.(Arabic) after completing B.A.(Urdu)?
  2. Eligibility criteria for B.Ed Arabic? Is M.A degree student eligible for B.Ed Arabic in Kerala University?
  3. Are M.A degree students eligible to do B.Ed Arabic in Kerala?
  4. Am I eligible for SLET exam after completing MSc Biotechnology?
  5. What can I do after completing M.A Arabic? I got 2nd class in the examination
  6. Am I eligible for Lecturership and for SLET exam after completing MCA in Belford University
  7. Am I eligible to write NET or SLET exam after completing MSc maths -- [New]
  8. Eligibility and other details of SLET? When will the Tamil Nadu SLET be conducted?
  9. How can I study Ph.D in Arabic Linguistics?
  10. Details, eligibility criteria and syllabus of SLET for M.Sc in Microbiology postgraduate?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for SLET after completing BSc computer science in Bharathidasan?
  12. Am I eligible to appear for NET and SLET from JNT? What is the age limit for NET and SLET? What is the percentage? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I apply for SLET/NET if pursuing M.E. from deemed university?
  14. Can a person be eligible for Teaching Job in school and universities after completing B.Ed and qualifying NET,SLET exam?
  15. Am I eligible for SLET exam with 38 years of age and having completed M.A.(Eng Lit.)?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for SLET if completed Master of Social Work about 5 years ago? Syllabus of SLET?
  17. Eligibility to appear in SLET for 38 years old PG in Chemistry candidate?
  18. In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Ph.D? Procedure to apply and age limit?
18th April 2012, 09:25 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SLET after completing M.A Arabic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed ma Arabic Are i eligible for slet?...plase tell me if I am eligible
SLET stands for State Level Eligible test and this examination is Conducted by Various State Universities every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with Minimum 55% Marks from a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

If you have completed your Master degree course in Arabic, then you can apply for SLET Examination, if your Subject is availiable.

You can also apply for NET Examination and this examination is Conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and You can also choose Arabic subject in this examination, The syllabus of this subject is availiable in the UGC Official website.

If you are Interested to become Lecturer in some best colleges, Then please apply for NET Examination soon before the last date. The Online Registrations was already started and the last date of apply for this examination 30/April/2012 and the examination will be held soon on 24/June/2012.

The application form of NET is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank. So please apply for NET Examination and for more about this examination, then please check official website :

ugcnetonline.in
18th April 2012, 10:02 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

HI FRIEND
SLET stands for State Level Eligible test and this examination is Conducted by Various State Universities every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with Minimum 55% Marks from a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

If you have completed your Master degree course in Arabic, then you can apply for SLET Examination, if your Subject is availiable..

SLET to be revived
The Government has decided to revive the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET), conducted on the lines of National Eligibility Test (NET) by the UGC, and entrust the responsibility to Osmania University, Hyderabad.
The SLET is being revived almost after 12 years and the last SLET was conducted in 1999 by the now abolished College Service Commission.
The responsibility of SLET was given to A.P. Public Service Commission (APPSC) by the University Grants Commission (UGC) that however failed to conduct the test for various administrative reasons.
The revival decision comes in the wake of UGC making NET or SLET mandatory for candidates who have passed M. Phil prior to 1993 for being eligible for the posts of Assistant Professor.
The UGC felt the need to introduce NET as compulsory for the purpose of appointment to teaching posts to upgrade standards.
For that purpose, expert committees were constituted consisting of eminent experts and academicians who recommended that NET or SLET should be retained as compulsory requirement irrespective of the candidates possessing M.Phil degree or Ph.D.
Pay Scales
The Professor Mungekar committee and the Prof. G.K. Chadha Committee directed the UGC to ensure that teachers recruited in the universities should have cleared NET or SLET or hold a Ph.D in the concerned subject.
The reports were forwarded to all State governments and various universities. In fact, implementation of the UGC pay scales was delayed in several varsities with teachers without NET or SLET qualification approaching the courts.
APSCHE Chairman P. Jaya Prakash Rao said the government will write to OU – which in turn will express its willingness to conduct the test. It would then be forwarded to the UGC, which will issue the necessary orders. Later some expert committees would be constituted for the conduct of test.
Several candidates prefer to take the SLET for getting the eligibility for teaching posts as NET is considered tough to crack competing at the All India level.
Though SLET is considered relatively easy to clear, officials say the quality of test will be on par with NET with the UGC involved in the examination process. An added advantage in the SLET is the flexibility the State government will have in the subjects to be included in SLET.
ALL THE BEST.
31st May 2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

i am an MCA III YEAR (i.e 2012 pass out) student from OSMANIA UNIVERSITY, can i apply for SLET ? PLEASE REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. In the notification there no info about MCA eligibility.....
13th February 2013, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

i have cmpltd m a arabic from aurangabad. b a bed in urdu from pune univrsty.. i wants to do set net exam in arabic. whats the procedure? from where n how i can?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?