19th January 2012, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for NET and SLET from JNT? What is the age limit for NET and SLET? What is the percentage?

sir, i am a student of mass communication and journalism and appeared final exam from institute of distance and open learning( IDOL) under Gauhati University , may i eligible to appear NET and SLET from JNU ? presently i am in Noida and it will be my nearest university . and what is the age limit for NET and SLET and percentage . plz help me out sir .....

21st January 2012, 03:51 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET and SLET from JNT? What is the age limit for NET and SLET? What is the percentage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i am a student of mass communication and journalism and appeared final exam from institute of distance and open learning( IDOL) under Gauhati University , may i eligible to appear NET and SLET from JNU ? presently i am in Noida and it will be my nearest university . and what is the age limit for NET and SLET and percentage . plz help me out sir .....
Master of Communication and Journalism, offered by the Gauhati University through distance learning mode, is approved by Distance Education Council and therefore the degree is acceptable for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grant Commission.
Now,being a post graduate is not enough to be considered eligible for test. You will have to qualify your masters degree program with a minimum of 55% marks, if you belong to general and OBC category and 50% if you belong to Sc/St category.
Since you have done your masters in Journalism, you will have to apply for Mass Communication and Journalism, as you main subject in the National Eligibility test.
To check out the syllabus of Mass Communication and Journalism, click here.

As far as the test centers are concerned, you may select any of the test centers provided in the following link:

Test Centers for NET

For more information, refer to the official website of UGC-NET.
9th May 2012, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET and SLET from JNT? What is the age limit for NET and SLET? What is the percentage?

Sir,i have completed my graduation in (eco.) through guwahati university. But my percentage is low to apply in for M.A. if i complete my M.A. through idol under guwahati, what are different competitive exam i can sit for? Plz rply.
20th June 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

If i read under kk hendiqe can i set exam net, slet?
21st June 2012, 12:05 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

NET eligibility criteria:-

For giving UGC NET u need to have a master Degree with minimum 55% of marks. You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

For Junior Research Fellowship-max 28yrs.
For lectureship-no upper age limit.
23rd June 2012, 02:20 AM
GURINDER BILLING

hello friend....!!!!

NET eligibility criteria is as follows:-

-> For giving UGC NET you need to have a master Degree with minimum 60% of marks.

->You can choose any subject from your master degree.

-> UGC NET consists of three papers that are described as follows:-

*General studies (50 objective questions)
*Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
*Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

For more information, refer to the official website of UGC-NET.

thanks ...all the best....
24th June 2012, 02:06 AM
navusidhu

NET eligibility criteria:-

For giving UGC NET u need to have a master Degree with minimum 55% of marks.

You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

For Junior Research Fellowship-max 28yrs.
For lectureship-no upper age limit.

all the best..!!

best wishes from navu..!!
29th August 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

As a PG in Distance education, am i elgible for NET?
11th April 2013, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

i've vompleted my post graduation from the global open university, nagaland. am i eligible to appear NET/ SLET ?
5th October 2013, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

hello sir .i want to know that i pass m.a in eng but my presentage is very low .so what i do now?
24th May 2014, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

I am doing masters in journalism and mass communication from SMU in distan've education mode. Am I eligible for net/slet exam????
21st August 2014, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Im appearing in 3rd sem. in english from idol gauhati university.may i appear in the ugc net exam ?how .
Many marks may i obtain?
24th August 2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Good evening sir, i have completed master degree in Hindi with minimum 54.27% of marks. Now, i want to appear for the exam. of NET and SLET. What is the age limit for NET and SLET exam? What is the percentage?
14th December 2015, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

I've done Msc in Mathematics (IDOL) under Gauhati University. Am I able to do NET..? Is there any problem for being in IDOL? Plese inform me Sir about IDOL & NET.
14th December 2015, 08:47 AM
biswajitbaishya1234

I've done Msc in Mathematics (IDOL) under Gauhati University. Am I able to do NET..? Is there any problem for being in IDOL? Plese inform me Sir about IDOL & NET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?