4th February 2018, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study Genetic Engineering after completing B.Sc in Nursing?

I have completed my graduation in B.Sc Nursing and now would like to do Genetic Engineering. So, am I eligible for it? And, what are the 3 years courses available in Genetic Engineering? Colleges which offers this course?

14th February 2018, 09:54 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study Genetic Engineering after completing B.Sc in Nursing?

You cannot study Genetic Engineering after B.Sc Nursing nursing because for studying Genetic engineering course you need to complete your graduation level degree in genetics/ biochemistry/ microbiology/ life science/ biotechnology or any related course.

Since you have done nursing you cannot go for genetic engineering but based on your 10+2 level education you can go for bachelors level degree because for studying bachelors level degree in genetic engineering you need to complete 10+2 or its equivalent education in physics, chemistry, biology/ mathematics related stream from any recognised board.
So, you can study bachelors level degree like B.E/ B.Tech in Genetic Engineering.

There are many universities which provide this course. Some of them are listed below:

- Lovely Professional University
- MIT World Peace University, Pune
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- SRM University, Chennai
- Bharath University, Chennai
- NIMS University, Jaipur
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University, Jaipur and etc.,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?