18th September 2012, 03:31 PM
Kshitiz rawat

Am I eligible to take admission in NIFT institute after completing graduation with 52%

I cmpleted my graduation,b.a with 52%.am i eligible to take admision in nift institute next year coz due to some reason i was nt able to fil d form..nd how to prepare for pg entrance test...for mba in fashion management.what is the eligibility criteria 4 mba in fashion management.

23rd July 2014, 07:20 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission in NIFT institute after completing graduation with 52%

As far as maths is concerned, knowledge about class 10 level maths for NIFT exam and curriculum is fine. National Institute of Fashion Technology, popularly referred to as NIFT, conducts entrance examination every year for the candidates, who desire to seek admission in courses. In case of M. Des (Master of Design), candidates should have bachelor’s degree and in stream like Applied Arts (Fashion Design / Visual Communication / Graphic Design / Industrial Design / Interior Design / Multimedia Design / Product Design / Textiles & Accessories or B.A. (Fine Arts) or B.Sc. (Textiles & Clothing) or B. Arch with minimum 50 per cent is a must.
For seeking admission in National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), you need to write the entrance examination. For candidates from London/ Cambridge and Sri Lanka, applicants should have passed General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination at the Advanced (A) level. The maximum age of the candidate is restricted to 23 years as on 1st November of the year of admission.
• For MBA in Fashion Management, students are taught topics like Principles of Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
• Entrepreneurship and Fashion Venture Management
• International Fashion Marketing
• Competition and Strategies in Fashion
• International Logistics Management
• Basic Concepts of Fashion Products and Manufacturing
• Retail Supply chain Management
• Total Quality Management
The two year course focuses on the technical aspect of fashion designing and enhancing the managerial skills of the designers. Keeping in mind the international market, the course encompass costing, presentation of designs and marketing on international level. There are training slots for soft skills, foreign languages and computer applications. Students can select elective papers like financial accounting, marketing management and cross cultural management. Candidates must have scored minimum 50 per cent marks in graduation degree along with good MAT and CAT score.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?