22nd August 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Union Public Services Exam at the age of 33?

my date of birth is 22/12 1978,am i eligible for union public services exam ?

23rd August 2011, 11:53 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Union Public Services Exam at the age of 33?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
UPSC Conducts Many examination every year and you have not mentioned in which examination you are Interested.

The Comission conducts examination like Civil services examination, CDS Examination, NDA Examination, SCRA Examination, IES, IFS, I.S.S examination.

And to apply for UPSC examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Other reserved category candidates.

>> So, If you are belong to general category, then you are not eligible to apply for UPSC Examination.

Because General candidates will not get Upper age relaxation, The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST candidates - 5 Year, OBC Candidates - 3 Year.

>> So, you are Not eligible to apply for UPSC Examination like Civil services, IES, IFS, I.S.S, SCRA, CDS etc...Because after completing 30 years general candidates are Not Allowed. The Upper age relaxation is only applicable for Other reserved category Candidates And If you need more Information about UPSC Examination, then please visit the Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
24th August 2011, 12:29 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

If you belong to OBC category then you can eligible for Indian Engineering Service exam,Indian Administration Service exam and Indian Public service exam.To eligible for Indian Engineering service,then you should be complete graduation degree in Engineering from Mechanical/Electrical/Civil Engineering stream.
24th August 2011, 12:38 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Talking Re: Am I eligible for Union Public Services Exam at the age of 33?

Quote:
Hey friend,

UPSC - Union Public Service Commission

UPSC is a commission in India,which conducts several entrance exams in India and they may include:

Combined Medical Services Examination

Combined Defence Services Examination(I)

National Defence Academy And Naval Academy Examination(I)

Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination

Engineering Services Examination

Indian Forest Service Examination

National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Exam (II)

Combined Defence Services Examination(II)

Central Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination

Civil Services (Main) Examination

Indian Economic / Indian Statistical Service Examination

Geologists Examination

Section Officers / Stenographers ( Grade B / Grade-I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination

Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination

There are many criteria's for the above listed exams and you must satisfy them to be eligible for the UPSC.

The eligibility criteria changes from the different exams.

But as far regarding your age,you can write the CDS,Geologist,IAS,IPS,IFS,SCRa as you may satisfy the age limits if you are a SC/ST or OBC category.

For more information regarding UPSC you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th August 2011, 01:18 AM
vinaykr04

Quote:
Friend UPSC used to conduct many of the examinations of civil services like IAS, IES, CDS, NDA, ISS.

But the age limit for all those examinations is same as the age limit is common in UPSC exams.

For a general candidate the age limit is between 21-30 years
But there is relaxation for reserved candidates:-
-For OBC candidates the relaxation of 5 years is available
-And for SC/ST candidates the relaxation of 7 years is available

so friend if u belongs from general category then you are not eligible for such exams, otherwise you are surely eligible.
24th August 2011, 01:22 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend, UPSC conducts various exams every year..
You ave not mentioned that you are talking about which exam..
Anyway I am giving you the basic information regarding the age requirements to appear in UPSC exams..

AGE CRITERIA-

***For general category candidate the age should be in between 21-30years..
***For SC/ST The age relaxation is 5years and For OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

As you have mentioned that you have already reached the age 33years, if you are from general category then you are not eligible to appear in UPSC exam.
If you are from SC/ST category then only you are eligible to appear in UPSc exams..

All the best..
24th August 2011, 01:27 AM
NEIL6

The upper age eligibility for UPSC exam is 3o years for general category and 3 years

relaxation to OBC category and 5 years relaxation to SC/ST category. If you are in

general category then you are not eligible for UPSC exams because you are more than 30

years but if you are in SC/ST category then you are definitely eligible for UPSC

examination.

With best wishes!
24th August 2011, 01:29 AM
NEIL6

The upper age eligibility for UPSC exam is 3o years for general category and 3 years

relaxation to OBC category and 5 years relaxation to SC/ST category. If you are in

general category then you are not eligible for UPSC exams because you are more than 30

years but if you are in SC/ST category then you are definitely eligible for UPSC

examination.

With best wishes!
24th August 2011, 01:36 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

sorry. No you are not eligiable for Union Public Services Exam at the age of 33.

but if you are belongs to ST/SC/EX SERVICE man category them only you are eligiable for the Union Public Services Exam at the age of 33.

as the general age criteria for the UPSC exam is 20-30 years.

but there have some age relaxation for the ST/SC/OBC/EX SERVICE man category.

for obc candidate there have 3 years age relaxation.

where as for ST/SC/EX SERVICE man category candidate there have 5 years age relaxation.

all the best..............
8th October 2011, 12:07 AM
convertor

Hello friend, age limit for general category 21 to 30years. For bc 21 to 33years, for sc/st 21 to 35years. So if you belong to sc/st you are eligible.
8th October 2011, 12:10 AM
convertor

Hello friend, upsc stands for union public service commission. It conducts exams for various government posts in every year. The eligibility criteria for upsc:- educational qualification is graduation in any stream from any recognized university and there is no percentage criteria. Age limit is 21 to 30years for general category. For bc category 21 to 33years. For sc/st 21 to 35years. If you other than general category you are eligible. Best of luck
15th October 2011, 11:53 PM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

UPSC Conducts Many examination every year and you have not mentioned in which examination you are Interested.

The Comission conducts examination like Civil services examination, CDS Examination, NDA Examination, SCRA Examination, IES, IFS, I.S.S examination.

And to apply for UPSC examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Other reserved category candidates.

>> So, If you are belong to general category, then you are not eligible to apply for UPSC Examination.

Because General candidates will not get Upper age relaxation, The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST candidates - 5 Year, OBC Candidates - 3 Year.

>> So, you are Not eligible to apply for UPSC Examination like Civil services, IES, IFS, I.S.S, SCRA, CDS etc...Because after completing 30 years general candidates are Not Allowed. The Upper age relaxation is only applicable for Other reserved category Candidates And If you need more Information about UPSC Examination, then please visit the Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
15th April 2012, 09:19 PM
neat_raw

13th August 2012, 12:18 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

I think you haven`t asked your question properly because UPSC conducts many examinations per year like Civil Services Exam , CDS, NDA, and many more .

But in general , the age limit

* Fr all examinations except NDA and CDS is 21-30 years.

* For NDA it is 16.5-19 years ,

* For CDS it is 18-24 years.

So , if you belong to general category , then you are not eligible for any of the exams at this age.

But if you belong to SC/ST category , then you are eligible for UPSC exams except NDA & CDS , as SC/ST category students have 5 years relaxation inupper age.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?