25th September 2011, 11:49 PM
akshaya cuty

Is this possible to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech?

i want to prepare for IAS while im dng my b.tech. ...it is it possible? if possible hw can i do dat?plz suggest me

26th September 2011, 01:47 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible to prepare for IAS while doing B.Tech?

Yes. You can start preparation for IAS Exam in your B.Tech itself. Infact, it is a good decision to start preparation for IAS too early.

For IAS, one need to go through civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Here is the selection procedure for IAS.

-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

In order to be eligible for IAS Exam, one should have completed Graduation from a recognized university. Even the candidates who have appeared for final year of Graduation and waiting for the result can also apply for the exam.

In addition one should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for the exam. Relaxation is there in upper age limit for the candidates of OBC and SC/ST.

Decide yourself of the optional subjects which you have to choose and know the syllabus and start preparing for those subjects.

Join in good coaching center for IAS Exam and spend 3-4 hours of your time in a day towards preparation.
26th September 2011, 02:23 PM
jevirsinh

Hi

IAS means Indian Administrative Services and is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

India holds a UPSC examination every year and on the basis of this examination a number of IAS officers are recruitment.

Eligibility Criteria :-

The minimum qualification required for appearing the competitive examination is Graduation.
Many professionals like Engineers, Doctors, persons with Ph.d qualifications are competing for UPSC.

Age Limit
Age between 21-28 year and relaxation for lower cast.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

Paper pattern has changed in IAS 2011 exam.

Paper Pattern for IAS 2011 exam :-

Unlike present,now there are two objective type papers carrying equal marks, in which
1) General-Studies paper carries 150 marks
2) Optional paper carries 150 marks.

Instead of one compulsory paper of General Studies and one Optional paper, both the papers shall be compulsory.

All the best
26th September 2011, 02:31 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaya cuty View Post
i want to prepare for IAS while im dng my b.tech. ...it is it possible? if possible hw can i do dat?plz suggest me
Hello friend,
It's never too early and too late to start anything. Since your ultimate goal is to become an IAS officer, its the perfect time to start your preparation. The examination, known as civil service exam, is considered to be the toughest exam in India and to qualify it, you will have to definitely work hard.
The civil service exam comprise of two written exams and an interview and you need to qualify each of them to get selected for IAS.
To prepare for the exam, just follow the syllabus of the exam and refer to previous years question papers. This is the best way to prepare for the civil service exam. You may also enroll yourself in a coaching center which has a good reputation for guiding candidates for civil service exam.

The first stage of written exam is known as civil service aptitude test which comprise of two compulsory papers.
The second stage of written exam,known as the main exam comprise of both compulsory and optional papers.
3rd October 2011, 01:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaya cuty View Post
Dear friend,

After completion of your graduation degree you are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
1st November 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

ya...offcourse u can do it...1 has to focus on proportion of time distribution during ur BE/B.Tech ..which will definitely offer u the path of success.the aspirant musr read magazine like CSR,Cronicle n othr buk 4 general study....
11th November 2011, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

helo sir i am dong b.tech in cse ,1st year, as it is my lifetime goal to be an ias oficer how could i prepare for it from now itself?? anticipating for ur guidance...
2nd February 2012, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am doing btech biotechnology 1st year so which subjects i have to choose? please give me quick response
28th February 2012, 03:06 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

IAS, one need to go through civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.Here is the selection procedure for IAS.CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Interview.In order to be eligible for IAS Exam, one should have completed Graduation from a recognized university. Even the candidates who have appeared for final year of Graduation and waiting for the result can also apply for the exam.In addition one should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for the exam. Relaxation is there in upper age limit for the candidates of OBC and SC/ST.
28th February 2012, 06:53 PM
rvidyasagar

If you ask me, nothing is impossible if you have the will power.

Just do remember that the Civil Services exam is a tough one with lot of competitions. But, people with engg background stand a better chance of getting selected in the Main exam.

You have to plan and allocate your time for the regular studies and for the UPSC exam preparation. if you form a group with like minded boys, it will work out even better. However, do not ignore your main course. At times like your examinations, shift priorities back to your exam.

All the best!
29th February 2012, 12:07 AM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IAS
Then it is possible to prepare for IAS while you are studying B.Tech
But you will have to study in proper way

You can follow these books.
These are really good books for your preparation

LIST OF BOOKS :

Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS I.pdf(11.7 KB, 97 views)
File Type: pdf IAS II.pdf(9.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf IAS III.pdf(46.4 KB, 70 views)
25th August 2012, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

How to pepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.E in 3rd semester ?
5th December 2012, 07:31 PM
ashis.career

Yes. You can start preparation for IAS Exam in your B.Tech itself. Infact, it is a good decision to start preparation for IAS too early.

For IAS, one need to go through civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Here is the selection procedure for IAS.

-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?