2nd June 2012, 12:59 PM
anjali rani123

Can I become an IAS officer by taking Psychology in graduation?

can I become an IAS by taking pshycology in graduation?...pelase tell me

5th June 2012, 08:02 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS officer by taking Psychology in graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjali rani123 View Post
can I become an IAS by taking pshycology in graduation?...pelase tell me
Becoming an IAS Officer depends upon your hard work, your aptitude, dedication etc. but yes, having done your graduation in Psychology, you can definitely apply for the position. In order to become an IAS Officer, one needs to qualify the Civil Service Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Since this examination is conducted for various civil services including Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Services and many other, those who do exceptionally well in the examination are only considered for the Indian Administrative Services. So, no matter which stream you belong to, you will have to work very hard as the Civil Service Examination itself is considered to be the toughest examination in India and in order to get excellent score in the examination will require more than hundred percent for sure and if you could do that, you can definitely crack the examination.
Now, even if you are a graduate, you might not be considered eligible for the examination due to your age. To be eligible for the examination, you need to be within the age limit of 21-30 years. For OBC category, the maximum age limit is 33 years and for SC/ST category, the maximum age limit is 35 years.
For more information, you may refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
25th August 2015, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I become an IAS officer by taking Psychology in graduation?

I am a student of 11th science , can you please tell me what should I do in graduation b.a or b.sc , as I want to do graduation with psychology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?