2nd May 2011, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

What should I do in 11th in order to become an IAS officer in future?

Hi i need help
i m in 9th class....i want to become ias officer...so i want to know what shall i opt. In +1..
Plzzzzzzz help....

3rd May 2011, 05:46 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do in 11th in order to become an IAS officer in future?

For IAS, one need to go through a civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).

The selection procedure will be by
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview.

-In order to be eligible for IAS, one should have completed graduation from a recognized university.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for the exam.

Relaxation in upper age limits for the candidates of OBC and SC/ST.

As you are still in 11th, plenty of time is there for you.

What i suggest you is focus on your academics first and try to get good score in your 10+2 and start preparation for IAS from the first year of your graduation.

By the time you appear for IAS, be good enough in general awareness and aptitude which will be the part of CSAT exam
3rd May 2011, 06:59 PM
shermin
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I do in 11th in order to become an IAS officer in future?

One need to have a bachelor's degree in order to become an IAS officer.So its still time as you are in 9th now.

As per the eligibility you should have atleast one of the subjects,namely,Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring.
3rd May 2011, 07:19 PM
ajay kumar75

Arrow Re: What should I do in 11th in order to become an IAS officer in future?

In order to become an i.a.s. You have to learn time management.
3rd May 2011, 07:36 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Wink Re: What should I do in 11th in order to become an IAS officer in future?

u can join in any discipline in +1...

*because ias does not matter in the discipline,which u belong to...

*it needs single degree in any specialization...

*but,as u are studying +1,u have more to do your best in the exam...

*u can now ifself prepare your mind for the tensions,which you have to face in the future,after u become an ias officer..

*start to prepare for general knowledge from now.it will be useful for you to crack the examin first attempt itself...

*later,when u study ur degree,give importance technical basis...

regards

yogi
3rd May 2011, 08:23 PM
kapil vij

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi i need help
i m in 9th class....i want to become ias officer...so i want to know what shall i opt. In +1..
Plzzzzzzz help....
first of all you must pick science stream with maths in +1. then after that you can go throuh the subjects list of 32 subjects, out of which you have to pick only 2. But this is also a big deal, because syllabus is very wide. then after that you start preparing on those 2 subjects which you want to pick, because a lot of efforts are required to clear the IAS exam.
to know the subjects that you must opt log on to www.upsc.gov
best of luck
3rd May 2011, 08:51 PM
ramanath

the detailed procedure for ias:
-Interview.

-eligibility- graduation from a recognized university.
-age- 21-30 years to be eligible for the exam.

try to score good marks in 10th and 12th standards which could be considered for your selection...
just chose a field in which you are so interested..
join an IAS academy nearby they may guide you in a proper way.

best of luck
4th May 2011, 11:08 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You have choose a good career option i.e Indian Administrative Service officer is good.To become a IAS,first you should fulfill with eligibility criteria and then you should qualify the exam.
Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:
Minimum graduation degree with any discipline from any recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

So i suggest you to take MEC/CEC stream 12th standard and B.com/BBA course in graduation,because this streams syllabus are some what related IAS exam,as you prepare your academic syllabus,simultaneously it cover IAS topic also,but for IAS topic,you should have deep concepts.
4th May 2011, 11:13 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You have choose a good career option i.e Indian Administrative Service officer is good.To become a IAS,first you should fulfill with eligibility criteria and then you should qualify the exam.
Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:
Minimum graduation degree with any discipline from any recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

So i suggest you to take MEC/CEC stream 12th standard and B.com/BBA course in graduation,because this streams syllabus are some what related IAS exam,as you prepare your academic syllabus,simultaneously it cover IAS topic also,but for IAS topic,you should have deep concepts.
8th May 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

just now i am in 11th class so i want to know that how much old questions can be asked in ias exam which is going to be held for me after four years
15th May 2011, 10:01 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

hi friend,

-Interview.

-In order to be eligible for IAS, one should have completed graduation from a recognized university.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for the exam.

As you are still in 11th, plenty of time is there for you.

What i suggest you is focus on your academics first and try to get good score in your 10+2 and start preparation for IAS from the first year of your graduation.

By the time you appear for IAS, be good enough in general awareness and aptitude which will be the part of CSAT exam

Also visit:
www.upsc.gov.in
www.upscportal.com for more details.
16th May 2011, 12:43 AM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi i need help
Plzzzzzzz help....
You have good time to excel in IAS exam, as still you are in 9th std. you just needed is to built good base in MPC stream, because 50% of exam syllabus is covered in 10+2 level..
-> improve your general ability along with good communication skill

IAS is an excellent A-Grade job, thus the selection procedure is bit different and typical then other general fields, as here testing of candidate is done over all on the basics of following exam..

The selection procedure consist of
1 - CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
2 - Main Examination
3 - personal Interview.

Eligibility required:-
-> graduation from any recognized university.
-> age limit must be inbetween 21-30 years.
- >Relaxation in upper age limits is provided for the candidates of OBC and SC/ST.
18th May 2011, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

hi, now im in 11 standard i am in commarce stream , in futur i want to do ias. so, can i do ias by taking commarce stream in 11
26th May 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
hi i need help
Plzzzzzzz help....
please reply
28th May 2011, 12:10 AM
npngpt

Smile Re: What should I do in 11th in order to become an IAS officer in future?

My Friend the selection procedure will be by
-Interview.
for which you must be a graduate from any recognized university aged between 21 to 30.
4th June 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

which subject i take in 9th class to became an ias officers
4th June 2011, 02:13 PM
muski

i need help
hi .i am in 9th class and i became a ias officer so tell me which subjects i take
4th June 2011, 02:17 PM
muski

hi i am in 9 th class i became an ias officer
which subjects i take to became an ias officer
4th June 2011, 02:24 PM
muski

i beame an ias officers
4th June 2011, 02:25 PM
muski

i need help
hi i am i 9 th class i became an ias
which subject i take
to become ias
officer
4th June 2011, 02:31 PM
muski

i am became an ias
9th June 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

if i take commerce so wht should i do aftr 12 to become an ias officer
pls rply
22nd June 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,

I am Bsc (IT), so am i eligibility for civil service examination in India. please help me sir.
25th June 2011, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

which type of question will be there in upsc exam?
12th December 2011, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an ias what should i do after 2
2nd April 2012, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

i am in ten ,so just i want to know which subject i should take after 10th..................................
3rd April 2012, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

what should i take the subject for become an ias officer in 11th std
plsssssssssss help me tell me the subject my dream is to be become an ias officer
now i am studing in class 9th std but plssssssssss help me urgent
7th May 2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

what are the books nd their publications to be reffered to start it from btech 1st year
2nd June 2012, 05:29 PM
mnbgvs

Smile Re: What should I do in 11th in order to become an IAS officer in future?

Quote:
Hi i need help
Plzzzzzzz help....
hi,
I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

For more detail log on to
www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!

20th August 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell me what subject i choose in 1 for become ias
12th May 2014, 04:19 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Please make a note of it.

The minimum academic qualification that is required for the candidates in order to become an IAS Officer is Graduation.

All the candidates who have completed Graduation with any of the stream are eligible.

In addition, no minimum percentage of marks are required for the candidates in Graduation to apply for this Exam.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this Exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

As, you are pursuing 11th class, you can apply for this Exam once you have done with your Graduation.

Opt for the stream in Graduation in accordance to the optional subject that you would like to select for civil services exam.

Have good preparation for the Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?