8th August 2017, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write CAT exam in my last year of graduation?

Am I eligible to write CAT exam in my last year of graduation? Is that possible or not? Which semester percentage will be calculated if it is so? Can you please guide me with the criteria for the same? Awaiting for the response soon. Thanks!

10th August 2017, 01:44 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write CAT exam in my last year of graduation?

Yes, you can appear for CAT Exam if you are in final year of Graduation.

In this case, you will be treated as an appearing candidate for the Qualifying exam.

Your marks upto latest semester would be considered.

However, after completion of your graduation, you will have to submit the entire documents regarding documents and degree for proper verification.
10th August 2017, 02:48 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

CAT is Common Admission Test. This all India entrance exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Management for admission in Master of Business Administration in top Business schools of India like Indian Institute of Management.

Qualification required for this exam:

MBA aspirant who wish to apply for this competitive entrance exam should be graduate or in final year of graduation.

There is percentage threshold in bachelor's degree to apply for this exam. It is 50% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for CAT exam. In case of reserved category there is 5% relaxation in marks.

You can apply for CAT in last year of graduation.
10th August 2017, 06:08 PM
rachamallamanoj

CAT stands for Common admission test. It is conducted once in a year to give students admission in MBA.

All the top B-Schools accepts CAT score card. You can apply for CAT exam being in the final year of graduation

The eligibility for CAT exam is
1. You should complete Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks, or
2. You should complete professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage, or
3. You should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage
4. The required percentage for CAT exam is 60% marks in degree
10th August 2017, 09:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CAT refers to Common Admission Test and same examination is held for offering admission in management postgraduate degree courses in IIMs and various top business schools.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in CAT is a bachelor degree course with 50% marks from a recognized university. Further there is provision of marks relaxation of 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH category. Students pursuing final year of their bachelor degree are also eligible.

So being a last year student of graduation degree you are eligible for appearing in CAT and as far as you are concerned about the calculation of marks to satisfy the minimum marks required to appear in CAT then it is done at the time of admission which includes the average of your marks in three years of your graduation degree.

For more details associated to CAT you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?