8th August 2017, 04:03 PM
Ravali.ramya

Am I eligible to write CAT exam with 70 percent marks in B.Com?

Can I write CAT exam after completing B.Com(CA) final exam (or) in middle of the final year isn't I am eligible for my % in the first year is 70 & in the second year 71% without coaching. Can you please let me know if I can proceed or not? Please suggest me.

10th August 2017, 02:55 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write CAT exam with 70 percent marks in B.Com?

Common Admission Test is competitive entrance exam for admission in Indian Institute of Management for Master of Business Administration Courses. You can apply for CAT entrance examination with 70% marks in Bachelor of Commerce because:

The academic criteria for this entrance exam is bachelor's degree with 50% marks or more in graduation.

You can apply for CAT without any doubt. The registration for CAT 2017 has started from 9th August.
10th August 2017, 09:49 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of CAT is Common Admission Test.

Eligibility criteria for CAT exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates are eligible to apply.

The percentage required is 50% and you have 70% marks in Bachelor of commerce.

You are eligible to write CAT with 70% marks in Bachelor of Commerce.
11th August 2017, 02:24 PM
Mattbay

Common Admission Test also known as CAT is exam difficult to compete in and also having low percentage of success rate of candidates who enroll in it. However, other entrance exams are also not that easy to score only regular study and discipline in daily life can bring you success.

There are other alternate options like XMAT,MAT,GMAT to get admissions in B- schools. All these exams are for same course but difference based on difficulties/advantages/opportunities.

XMAT difficulty level is higher than CAT, but MAT and GMAT exams are considered as less challenging than CAT.Even then CAT is most renounced exam among all.

Basic eligibility criteria for CAT -

1]Bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks and 45% marks for SC/ST/PWD candidate.

2]Exam Fees- for CAT its 1800/- and 900 for SC/ST candidates.

3]Score card of CAT valid for one year only.

4] This year Registration for exam starts from 09th August to 20th September 2017.

5] Exam date 26 November 2017.

Good Luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?