13th January 2014, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write IAS exam after studying final year of engineering?

I am eligible to write IAS 2014 exam ? I am studying final year of engineering

Related Questions:
13th January 2014, 12:18 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IAS exam after studying final year of engineering?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the top civil service in India. The candidates who are having brilliant minds will be absorbed into civil services. They are having so many critical and responsibilities on their shoulders.

Such an importance is there for IAS officers in India. Because of this the candidates who apply for these positions will also be high. Hence huge competition is there for selection procedure to become IAS Officer.

Coming to your profile,

You are pursuing final year of Engineering course and you want to diversify yourself to civil services.

I can say like you are eligible to apply for civil services exam of this academic year but you should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation by the tine you appear for Interview.

Here is the complete selection procedure
CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

All the candidates who have completed Graduation are eligible to apply for this exam.

Required age criteria for the candidates will be
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
For the candidates of OBC category, the age limit will be 21-33 years.
For the candidates of SC or ST category, the age limit will be 21-35 years.

You did not mention the stream that you have gone through in your Engineering course.

I suggest you to opt for optional subject for Main Exam as per your stream in Engineering.

Have good preparation for civil services exam and complete it successfully.

Wish you all the best.

For updated information on this exam, you can visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
13th January 2014, 11:28 PM
sushri_mhnty

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IAS exam after studying final year of engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am eligible to write IAS 2014 exam ? I am studying final year of engineering
sure you can write because qualification required for IPS is graduation. If you secure 50% aggregate then you can apply. And regarding physical fitness that will be depends upon you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?