9th January 2012, 08:22 AM
sathi402

Am I eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE?

sir iam studying final year b.tech in electronics and communication engineering.may i eligble for to write ies.

10th January 2012, 11:58 AM
suman27
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE?

IES(Indian Engineering Services)
this is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission)

This is for 4 branches
Electronics and Communication Engineering.
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical engineering.
Civil Engineering

Age limit: The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate

more details at http://upsconline.nic.in

all the best...
10th January 2012, 09:32 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathi402 View Post
sir iam studying final year b.tech in electronics and communication engineering.may i eligble for to write ies.

IES :- Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted once in year by Union Public Service Commission.To apply for IES examination,the aspirant have to passed graduate degree from a recognized University and final year of degree candidates may also eligible to apply for this examination.

Eligibility Criteria for IES :-

The aspirant should have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years as on 1st august of the year examination and relaxation is exist as per govt rules.

Upper age limits for IES :-

Three year relaxation is given to the OBC candidates.
Five year relaxation is given to the SC/ST candidates.
Five year relaxation is given to the Ex-servicemen candidates.

Education Qualification :-

Aspirant Engineering degree in :-
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering

or equivalent qualification.

M.Sc candidates may also eligible to apply for IES examination.

IES Important dates :-
  • Date of Notification :- 25/02/12
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 26/03/12
  • Date of examination :- 15/06/12

Application forms are available in two modes :- 1)Online 2)Offline

IES exam pattern :-

Official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
10th January 2012, 11:20 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can apply for IES exam after completion of your B.tech course..

Eligibility for IES exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in engineering field.

2.Candidates age should be in between 21-35 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

3.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility you have to fulfill.
As you have mentioned that you are pursuing final year of graduation then you can apply for IES exam..

All the best.
12th January 2012, 12:01 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE?

Hi

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services, and it is one of the most prestigious and reputated Entrance Exams in our country.
This exam is mainly conducted for the recruitment of Class 1 Engineers in the Indian Engineering Jobs.
Its organized and held by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once every year.

Now if any candidate is willing to take part in this exam, then there are certain clauses which need to be met. These are as follows ::

1. You should be a minimum graduate in B.E/B.Tech from any recognized college or university in any of Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics and Civil streams.

2. You can take 4 attempts if you are GEN candidate, 7 attempts if OBC and Unlimited attempts if SC/ST.

3. The age limit of the candidates must be within 21-30 (GEN), 21-33 (OBC), and 21-35 (SC/ST).

4. Final Year appearing students can also apply for this exam, but the Pre Final year students are not eligible yet.

Hence if you fulfill these criteria's and are in your final year, then yeah you are eligible to apply for the IES exam.

-:: Important dates for the IES 2012 are ::-

1.) Date of Notification - 25 February 2012

2.) Last date for submission of application - 26 March 2012

3.) Examination Date - 15 June 2012

If you wish to apply online once the Notification is out, Please Click Here to visit the official website of UPSC.

So as of now, Please wait for the Official announcement for IES 2012. Till then you carry on with you preparations.

If you want study Materials then follow this link, it contains past papers, syllabus etc for GATE, IES, etc...

IES MATERIALS

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
24th March 2012, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

sir iam completed b.tech it in trichy anna university . i intrested for attend the ies examination so pls kind for in examination rules and may i eligible or not in i attend the ies examination.
24th March 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed b.tech it. am i eligible for IES examination?
25th March 2012, 04:02 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

hai,
IES exam is conducted by the UPSC once in a year.

Yes you are eligible to apply the IES examination, because the final year of any graduation candidates also eligible for this exam.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate have complete graduation from any recognised university and final year of a graduation student may apply for this examination.

The candidate should be a citizen of india.

The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

For more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
24th January 2013, 04:31 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Being a B.Tech final year candidate your eligible for IES Entrance Examination . But you have not having any backlogs in Previous semester ..

So, If you not having any backlogs than your eligible for IES Entrance Examination ..

IES ie:- ( Indian Engineering Service ) and this examination was Conducted by UPSC ( ie:- Union Public Service Commission ) . This Examination is held every once in a year . To apear in this IES Examination than you need to complete your Bachelor degree course in Engineering Course ( ie:- B.E/ B.Tech Course ) from recognized University .

You should Qualified in Engineering Course in any one of the Specialization like,Civil Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Mechanical engineering / Electronics / Communication Engineering Etc..

Final year Engineering graduates may also eligible to apply for this IES Examination

Your age should Minimum 21 and Maximum 30 years and Upper age relaxation will be Applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

Important :- There is No issue in Number of Attempts in IES Examination

IES Entrance Examination Pattern ::

You may apply for this examination Online By visiting the Official website of UPSC . Notification of this examination was Published in the Employment Newspaper as well as Official website UPSC . This Notification for this Examination may Published during the Month of of February every year.

So, I suggest you to Complete your Engineering course and than Apply for this IES Examination .

For More Details ::: http://www.upsc.gov.in/
25th March 2013, 06:40 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes you are eligible for it as final year graduates can apply for it and for more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?