17th September 2013, 08:33 PM
PONMURUGAN P

Am i eligible to write IES after studying aeronautical engineering final year

I am studying aeronautical engineering final year.can I eligible to write ies &how to I prepare for ies.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in ECE?
  2. Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year of B.Tech in CSE? What kind of work a IES Officer should do?
  3. Can I be eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in EEE?
  4. Am I eligible to apply or write for TNPSC Group II exam? I am studying final year MSc Software Engineering
  5. Am I eligible to write IAS exam? I am studying final year of engineering
  6. Am I eligible to write IES exam while in 7th semester of Mechanical Engineering? In which month is the exam conducted and will it affect my B.E final exam?
  7. How to prepare for AFCAT and Army exam? I am studying final year Aeronautical Engineering
  8. How should I write IES entrance exam? I am a B.Tech final year electronics and communication engineering student
  9. Am I eligible to write IAS exam after studying final year of engineering? -- [New]
  10. Can I write UPSC Exam while in final year of Btech Engineering?
  11. M.E./M.Tech students can write IES exam? Cut off marks and rank required for selection?
  12. Eligibility for IES examination for ece final year students? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible to write IES?
  14. How many times IES examination is conducted every year ?
  15. Am i eligible to appear in IES exam in final year of B.E Mechanical?
  16. Am I eligible for IES exam while in final year of engineering in Information Technology? What is the syllabus and the procedure?
  17. Can I write IES exam after passing B.E Aeronautical Engineering?
  18. Can I appear for IES with Mechanical Engineering after completion of Aeronautical Engineering?
18th September 2013, 09:17 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to write IES after studying aeronautical engineering final year

Educational Qualifications required to apply for IES (Indian Engineering Services)exams is:

>> BE/BTECH pass in any stream
OR
>> Passed section A and Section B of Instution examinations of Institution of Engineers
Or
>> Graduate Membership Examination of Institute of electronics and Telecommunication Engineers

Age-
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years
OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

To apply for this exam you have to wait for UPSC to advertise the positions
Once advertisement is released than you have to apply online from the website http://upsconline.nic.in/

Now you can apply for this exam in the year 2014 only
Next Exam would be held from 20th June 2014 for 3 days
Notification would be released on 15th March 2014

Fees to apply is Rs 200
But for SC/ST/Women candidates fees is zero

Selection Procedure Involves:
>>Written Test
>> Personality Test

Written Test:

It will have two sections
Sections 1 will have objective questions
Section 2 will have subjective questions
18th September 2013, 01:56 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to write IES after studying aeronautical engineering final year

I do not think that you should apply for the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam. This exam is conducted for the various departments under central government. However none of them are related to Aeronautical Engineering.

Indian Engineering Service is popular among engineers because it is condcuted for central government jobs. These jobs are reputed and have good scope of promotion. By the end of the year, you will be one of the top bureaucrats in the country.

Now the important thing about Indian Engineering Service is that the exam is conducted in 4 braches of Engineering.

Mechanical

Electrical

Electronics and Communication

Civil

It does not mean that you must have B.Tech degree in any of these streams to apply but you can only apply in one of these streams. It means that you will have to prepare for the exam is one of the branches mentioned above.

Unless Aeronautical Engineering has course related to any of the branch above, it would be very difficult to prepare for the course in any of these branches. Which is why I recommended not to appear for it. But you can certainly try to apply for the Indian Engineering Service.

IES Eligibility

1. Only citizens of India and Nepal are eligible.

2. A subject for Bhutan is also eligible.

3. Bachelor Degree in Engineering is required.

4. There is no marks criteria.

5. Final year students can also apply.

6. You should be 21 to 30 years old.

7. Relaxation is 3 years in upper age limit for OBC.

8. And 5 years for SC/ST.
18th September 2013, 09:07 PM
venkat fias

IES Exam deatials :
you are definitely eligible on IES Exam, all Engg graduates eligible on IES Exam.
Eligibility :
candidates must be on Indian Citizen.
Must complete any branch on Engg stream.
age between on 21----30 years.
upper age limits are.
3 years relaxation on BC/MBCs.
5 years relaxation on SC/STs.
10 years relaxation on physical ability candidates.
18th September 2013, 09:08 PM
venkat fias

IES Exam deatials :
you are definitely eligible on IES Exam, all Engg graduates eligible on IES Exam.
Eligibility :
candidates must be on Indian Citizen.
Must complete any branch on Engg stream.
age between on 21----30 years.
upper age limits are.
3 years relaxation on BC/MBCs.
5 years relaxation on SC/STs.
10 years relaxation on physical ability candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?