18th June 2012, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Any chance for lateral entry after completing ITI Fitter and diploma in Mechanical engineering

I completed iti in fitter and diploma in mech engineering. I want study further BE. if any chances are there to lateral entry the 3rd year BE. Plz ans me.

Related Questions:
  1. Any chance for lateral entry after completing ITI Fitter and diploma in Mechanical engineering
  2. How can I get admission in Diploma(Mechanical Engineering) through Lateral Entry after completing ITI(Fitter) course?
  3. How can I join diploma in lateral entry after completing ITI Fitter?
  4. How can I join diploma lateral entry program after completing ITI Fitter?
  5. How can I join diploma lateral entry program after completing ITI fitter
  6. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Lateral entry into Diploma from ITI?
  8. How to do lateral entry for diploma in ITI?
  9. Eligibility for the post of Junior Engineer in Railways after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering through lateral entry in 2nd year? -- [New]
  10. How to take admission in diploma mechanical after completing lateral entry?
  11. Which college to get admission for B.Tech lateral entry after completing Diploma?
  12. How to do diploma mechanical distance after completing ITI Fitter?
  13. List of AICTE approved colleges which offers Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in Kolkata for ITI Fitter?
  14. How can I study correspondence Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in any AICTE approved college if completed ITI Fitter?
  15. List of AICTE and DEC approved colleges which offer Mechanical Engineering Diploma course in Mumbai for ITI Fitter and B.Sc graduate?
  16. How to apply for Diploma in Mechanical engineering after ITI?
  17. How should I do B.E in mechanical engineering after finishing ITI Fitter?
  18. How to do B.E Mechanical Engineering after finishing ITI Fitter
8th October 2012, 07:22 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Any chance for lateral entry after completing ITI Fitter and diploma in Mechanical engineering

Lateral entry is possible for you but not in the 3rd year of B.E. but in 2nd year. Lateral entry candidates are given admission in the second year. Having completed ITI is irrelevant for lateral entry.

You will get admission on the basis of your performance in the diploma course. There are only two ways to seek lateral entry. Either you complete the diploma in Engineering course or the Bachelor of Science degree. There is no other option.

Since you have completed diploma in Mechanical Engineering you certainly are eligible for the admission in second year of B.Tech course. These days it is quite common to seek admission in B.E. after completing the diploma course.

Most of the Engineering colleges in the country offer admission through lateral entry with the exception of IIT. These colleges also reserve some seats for the lateral entry candidates. It is generally around 10 percent of the total seats available.

The admission process is different for lateral entry than four years engineering course. Since you have not completed 12th standard you can not appear for entrance exams like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, UPSEE, ISEET etc.

For admission through lateral entry you will have to appear for entrance exam called LEET. Basis on this entrance exam you will get admission. Several colleges also offer direct admission for engineering. If a candidate has scored 60 percent marks in diploma course, he would be able to get direct admission on the basis of merit.
8th October 2012, 08:49 PM
bhaskar51

Default Re: Any chance for lateral entry after completing ITI Fitter and diploma in Mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed iti in fitter and diploma in mech engineering. I want study further BE. if any chances are there to lateral entry the 3rd year BE. Plz ans me.
lateral entry is only possible for diploma student to get admission in direct second year engineering course....
as you mention that you complete ur diploma in mechanical engineering... so you are eligible for lateral entry...........
but you cant apply for iit, iiit or nit college becouse in these college a separate entrance exam is conducted ........ you are only eligible for state level college......
23rd December 2012, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

i completed iti fitter .I want to study diploma mechanical is ther any chance to study?
14th March 2013, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Any chece for lateral entry after completing iti electrician and diploma in EEE
i complete iti electrician, i want to study diploma EEE group is there any chance to study?
14th March 2013, 06:17 PM
questionsanswers

Thumbs up Re: Any chance for lateral entry after completing ITI Fitter and diploma in Mechanical engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you will get lateral entry to 2nd year provided you write the CET exams for Diploma students(Karnataka State).
28th March 2013, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

I Did ITI in Instrument Mechanic and can i get lateral entry Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication
26th May 2013, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Can i do B.E after compleating fitter in ITI. I compleated my 12th standard too in science stream.
25th September 2015, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

i completed iti plumper since 2002 which one subject fail. Now i am serving army. Can i get any chance to attend the balance subject for improvement after 13 years. Pl help me
15th July 2016, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

I'M going to complete iti,trade fitter in next month.and I want to do diploma in mechanical engineering,so is there any solution to get admission in 2016-2017?
Please guide me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?