11th November 2011, 10:22 AM
magictheatre

Any query regarding admission in law schools and further jobs?

I am a former law student from top 5 college now working. Will be taking any law school and job related questions all month.
Feel free to ask away.

27th March 2019, 10:39 AM
ManuSirotia

Smile Re: Any query regarding admission in law schools and further jobs?

LAW as a career option in India is always been one of the most attractive field for the students since the British era. If you want to join it, its fabulous but also you must get acknowledged before about the skills required in the profession.

The ability to read and comprehend, analyse, logical thinking and also to write flawlessly are some of the must.

NLU( National Law University ) are the best places to study in India.And to get into, you have to qualify CLAT.

CLAT - Common Law Admission Test

CLAT is your only access to gain an entry into the best of the National Law Schools viz. NLSIU Bangalore, NALSAR Hyderabad, NUJS Kolkata, NLU Jodhpur, NLIU Bhopal and GNLU Gandhinagar.

CLAT is only conducted in english language.For an aspirant who is serious about law as a career option, taking CLAT as seriously as an Engineering aspirant would take IIT-JEE is advisable.

LSAT , SET , AILET are some other exams beside CLAT one could appear for.
lets have a look on them also -
LSAT - for admission into some prominent private colleges
SET - for admission in SYBIOSIS lae school, pune
AILET - conducted by NLU delhi . It dont take admissions through CLAT.

THE BAR EXAM -
All India Bar Exam is a qualification exam a law graduate has to take after the completion of his/her course to be eligible to practice in India.The Bar Exam is an open book exam.

It's a big myth among people that to be a successful lawyer one has to be a natural public speaker/debater. This is not true.

There are multiple professions/arenas to work in after your studies-
  • Litigation
  • Corporate law (law firms and companies)
  • Public Prosecutor
  • Judicial Service
  • Intellectual Property law firms
  • Legal Academia
  • Alternative Dispute Resolution
  • NGOs and Think Tanks
  • LPO
  • Tax Law
  • Judge Advocate General
  • Legal Journalism

THANKS FOR READING. STAY TUNED FOR MORE GREAT ANSWERS COMING ON THE WAY.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?