3rd February 2010, 06:54 PM
dungaram nogia

B.E. Civil engineering after Diploma in civil engineering? possible?

I am diploma holder in civil engg. in 1986 ,can I appiar in BE.Civil

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study M.E.(Civil Engineering) if completed B.Com and Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  2. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  3. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  4. What is better Diploma after 10th or degree after 12th?
  5. When admission will be started for Diploma in Civil Engineering course at Bangalore?
  6. How to do correspondence B.Tech in Civil Engineering after completing diploma in Civil Engineering
  7. Can I study Diploma in Civil Engineering being a BCA graduate?
  8. Which colleges I can get admission to study 12th externally after 10th standard?
  9. Can i do diploma in Civil engineering from IGNOU after B.Com and working in P.W.D?
  10. Best course in Polytechnic and scope of the same? -- [New]
  11. What is percentage marks requirement in 10th to get admission to do diploma in civil engineering?
  12. How to do B.Tech in Civil Engineering after diploma in civil engineering?
  13. How to do B.E in Civil engineering after passing diploma in civil engineering? Can I get a seat?
  14. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  15. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  16. Subjects included in Diploma in Civil Engineering? Courses to study after completing Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  17. Which MBA stream to choose after Civil Engineering? Is there anything called MBA in Civil?
  18. How to get admission for civil engineering? I have scored 70% in civil engineering diploma
5th February 2010, 12:22 AM
gautam d wonder lover
Senior Member++

Default Re: B.E. Civil engineering after Diploma in civil engineering? possible?

yes,offcourse you can do B.E.
for this course there is no age limit so you can do??
5th February 2010, 02:23 AM
gunjan pande

Default Re: B.E. Civil engineering after Diploma in civil engineering? possible?

hello sir,
Yes definetly you can appear for B.E.
There is No Upper Age Limit for WBJEE...

so all the best.
5th February 2010, 09:36 AM
anudmishra
Senior Member+

yes you can,
you can apply for kiits 2010,to get admission in kits,bhubnewar
also you can join in s.r.kr engineering college ,bhimavaram
6th February 2010, 09:39 AM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

HI

yes you can do but you have to provide the certificate that waht you did this years
best of luck
6th February 2010, 02:16 PM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Hey Friend
No, you will not get any exemption for diploma you will have to appear for jee exams.I think you need to first visit http://www.webindia123.com/career/options/eng/civil/data/eligibility.htm
here you will find all the eligibility details.
6th February 2010, 09:21 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

Yes it is possible to do BE civil... I dont know whether they will admit u after this much years... It depends on college... But sure u can study it in correspondance if u determined to study.... This is my suggestion
23rd February 2010, 01:47 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Defiantly you can go for BE civil. There are so many government and non-government colleges which conduct examinations for lateral-entry.
merely some colleges or universitis put some age limit criterian.
In spite of that you will have a lot of options to choose.
So good luck.
26th February 2010, 01:10 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend.
if you are a diploma in civil engineering.........
then you can surely do B E in civil engineering.........
there are so many government and private colleges are there which offer.....
B E civil engineering courses.............
you can get admission into this colleges by giving their entrance exam..........
so
best of luck
2nd July 2010, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

i have to do b.e civil..i hv completed my diploma in civil 4m porbander goverment plytechnique college..nw m not getting admission in college.gv me some advice regarding it.i hv passed diploma in 2007.plz mail me at [email protected] is it possible to do b.e? if yes thn in which college??????help me out...
5th July 2010, 07:47 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

in Karnataka- evry engg college will have some seats reserved for people who have completed diploma.. the people interested to do BE have to write a seperate CET conducted for diploma holders, attend councelling and pick a college based on their rank.. by doing diploma, you get a lateral entry to BE.. that is.. you dont have to attend 1st year course of BE.. you direc6tly start from 2nd yr along with the regular BE students..
there is no age limit for studies...
25th July 2010, 04:34 PM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
as you have done diploma from civil engineering so you canm definitely do the degree course in the civil engineering
there are so many government and private colleges are there which offer.....
B E civil engineering courses.............
you can get admission into this colleges by giving their entrance exam..........
31st July 2010, 04:34 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

you can do AMIE course in civil.

AMIE is equivalent to B.E. and it is a correspondance course.

so it will helps you to do work + study parallely.

all the best.........
4th August 2010, 08:03 PM
khusi

hi,
you can surely do your b.e,
you have to appear in state level exams exam for diploma holders like ECET in andhra pradesh and according to your job you get admission in college
all the best
14th August 2010, 01:22 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

yes definitely you can go for BE in civil engineering..

As you have already done your diploma in civil,you have to go through the lateral entry test for admitting into BE course..

there are many Govt and private institutes that take diploma students through the lateral entry scheme..

So apply for those lateral entry entrance exams...

All the best!
27th August 2010, 03:38 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
Yes definitely you can appear for B.E,through WBJEE,AIEEE etc...
another way is as you have already completed your diploma course then you can take lateral entry.
otherwise you can apply in KIIT,Bhubaneswar.
Good luck.
28th August 2010, 10:16 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungaram nogia View Post
yes dear you can do be in civil it only suitable for you to gain huge knowledge about your field so there many colleges and univercity all over in which provide civil engg. you can appear in there entrance exam
iit,aieee,
gbtu,
rptu
log on to www.uptu.org.in
bets of luck
29th August 2010, 06:31 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
Yes obviously it is possible ,you can peruse your BE through lateral entry..there are lots of exams for the Diploma Holders students one of such exam is WB-JELET for the west bengal university...

Here you will have to sit for the entrance exam and then you will have to clear it..then you will be admitted directly into the second year or 3rd semester..

Best Wishes.........
31st August 2010, 12:41 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

Yes , you can do B.E in civil engineering after diploma in civil engineering.

for that you have to appear in lateral entry exam like LEET,JELET(west bengal), state level exam.. if you do well in these type of exam then you can go for B.E..

you can take direct admission 3rd semester of B.E.

all the best..
1st September 2010, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

i want study in AMIE is equivalent to B.E. AMIE is equivalent to B.E.
25th September 2010, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: B.E. Civil engineering after Diploma in civil engineering? possible?

[--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am diploma holder in civil engg. in 2008 ,can I appiar in BE.

yes definitely you can go for BE in civil engineering..

As you have already done your diploma in civil,you have to go through the lateral entry test for admitting into BE course..

there are many Govt and private institutes that take diploma students through the lateral entry scheme..

So apply for those lateral entry entrance exams...
8th October 2010, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

I am completed 10 3 -03 years Diploma in Civil Engineering and am eligible to 10 2 with PCM subjects
8th October 2010, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

10 3, DCE is equivalent to the 10 2 with PCM subjects
21st October 2010, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

what is b.e. and what it stands for?
pls tell me abt this as i heard abt this from someone!
22nd October 2010, 07:23 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello friend,
B.E. stands for BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING.The eligibility for B.E is either 10+2 or diploma.There are various entrance exams to get admission in the top most institutions.AIEEE,IIT-JEE are some of the exams.Even various states conducts their own exams for the admission in the engineering colleges.
2nd November 2010, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

i completed my diploma in civil other than btech any course is there for diploma holders
16th December 2010, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

sir, can i get addmission in B.E o b.tech after complet diploma in civil engenering, without 10 2 certifiicate...? pleace help me.....
23rd January 2011, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

i have done diploma in civil engineering and i want to do degree in civil engineering
7th February 2011, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Sir,

Good evening. I have done Diploma in Civil Engineering from Assam Engineering Inestitut on 2002 with 70% of marks ,also done short term course on 1.Earthquake disester mitigation,2.Construction technology(1 weeks for each course) conducted on same institue after my final exam.Also i have done a diploma course on Computer aided Drafting & design on a private institute
On last few dayes ago(on 2002) i got an BS degree (life experiance based) on an online institute on giving an online exam.

Now i am doing a job as civil engineer (For survey & CADD) on a private firm
Sir,
Now my question is that, Can i switch to a upper grade on a different field ( for example on construction)
18th April 2011, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i recently qualified in diploma in civil engg. haryana. nw i want to do b.tech. in civil engg. through distance learning programme. so plz give me some advise that which college would be best for me. is jamia offered any distance education in b.tech... plz help me.i shall highly thankful to u.
mohit kumar
([email protected])
27th May 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

I done my Diploma in Civil Engineering(three year course) after completion of 10 12, will it be Equivalent to B.Tech/ B.E Degree.
31st May 2011, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

AMIE (Civil Engineering) .B.E and B.Tech is all are equal and they are eligible for getting all gov. and private sectors jobs ---AMIE COURSE contain total 13 subjects ---in Section-A --Four subjects and in Section -B nine subject ---The result in grades ---A,B,C,D,F,E ---Passing marks in AMIE is 50 marks in each subjects ---there are 10 experiments and project work at completion of Section A and B ---there is a chance for 6 year for each section A and B --All the best
2nd June 2011, 09:14 AM
sri_green09

Yes,it is possible to do B.E. Civil engineering after Diploma in civil engineering.
since you have completed your diploma you can directly join 2nd yr B.E through lateral entry.
3rd June 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

what is scope of civil engineering diploma in future
14th June 2011, 10:21 AM
amit gaur054

off-course, you can aaply for B.E after diploma, and Yes definetly you can appear for B.E.
There is No Upper Age Limit for WBJEE...
best of luck
29th June 2011, 12:17 PM
digvijaygarg

Dear Sir

Yes you can definitely do that...Many colleges are offering B.Tech courses through correspondence courses..Thapar University,Patiala is one such institute...very reputed in North India
31st July 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

is there any part time course in degree after 3 years diploma in civil engg. in GURU NANAK DEV ENGINEERING COLLEGE LUDIANA
31st August 2011, 04:35 PM
sanju38121

Yes sir, surely you can do B.E (Civil Engg.) after diploma in civil engg. For B.E you can get admission in 2nd year by lateral entry you can also do your B.E (Civil engg.) through distance education mode. Some distance education universities are.
Thapar university patiala
lpu jalandhar
ignou
smu
ksou mysore
srm university tamilnadu.
You may try in these.

All the best.
31st August 2011, 04:40 PM
sanju38121

Yes sir, surely you can do B.E (Civil Engg.) after diploma in civil engg. For B.E you can get admission in 2nd year by lateral entry you can also do your B.E (Civil engg.) through distance education mode. Some distance education universities are.
Thapar university patiala
lpu jalandhar
ignou
smu
ksou mysore
srm university tamilnadu.
You may try in these.

All the best.
31st August 2011, 06:57 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by dungaram nogia View Post
u can give a lateral entry exam of whichever college u want to get into..if u clear the exam then u will be admitted to the 2nd year of that college..so yes it is possible..all the best
31st August 2011, 09:28 PM
S-R-B

Dear friend

Yes,you can do B.E. Civil engineering after Diploma in civil engineering.
For this you have to appear in lateral entry exam like LEET,JELET(west bengal), state level exam.. if you do well in these type of exam then you can go for B.E. in 3rd semester.
3rd September 2011, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

is distance education mode give admission in 2nd year or 3rd semester to diploma holder ?
7th October 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

i am a diploma holder in civil engineering. which are the institutiions in assam where i can do the BE course
1st December 2011, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a part time dme in ksou there is possible to study Btech in valuable university and which university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?