26th October 2011, 04:18 PM
anish.basu

B.Tech IT passed 5 years experience in Insurance?

I passed B.Tech(IT) in 2006, I am working insurance(Operation) industry from last 5 years.please suggest me the distance courses for back to IT industry or to do better carear. I am very much confused.

Related Questions:
  1. How may i join Pharma MBA after completion of my B.Pharma graduation?
  2. Which course is better for a person having experience in Sales Insurance? -- [New]
  3. What are the career options for me in Finance being a candidate having completed Post Graduate Diploma in Finance and part time MBA in Marketing and having 5 years experience in Insurance?
  4. How can I switch my job from sales to insurance sector? I have 25 years experience in sales with a private firm
  5. How to get a govt job after passing B.Tech CS with 53%? Which Govt department is suitable for me?
  6. Am I eligible for Infosys interview with 6 years experience but still have less than 60% in UG degree?
  7. Can A.M.I.E with 3 years experience apply for M.E./M.Tech in Anna University, TANCET? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Job in government or public sector after MBA and 9 years of work experience?
  9. What are the career opportunities in government sector?
  10. IRDA exam fee for Birla Sun Life Advisor?
  11. What is business? What are the objectives, Advantages and Disadvantages?
  12. Can a B.Com passed students with 3 years of teaching experience apply for B.Ed in IGNOU?
  13. Home Tutors for Mathematics available in Chennai for 12th Science ISC student?
  14. Is it beneficial to appear in Insurance Sector Associate exam for 42 years old candidate?
  15. How to become General Insurance Agent?
  16. How to get a job as dentist? I have 20 years of experience
  17. How to get admission in MS in USA after four years of work experience? Tips to crack GRE ? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Jobs for CS Executive having several years experience?
5th December 2011, 01:06 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: B.Tech IT passed 5 years experience in Insurance?

Hello Friend,
You have not mentioned your age so its difficult to suggest you whether you should switch your job at this point or not. Firstly the knowledge of B.Tech holds no good for a job as a operation guy in insurance. Basically any guy with computer knowledge and little basic knowledge hold big positions in Insurance Companies in operation department simply because they started early when these companies started their operation. maybe many of your superiors must be less knowledgeable than you. Also the job is not secured as in todays market scenario Insurance Companies are cutting down their operation for cost cutting. So i appreciate you decision of switching. Age permitting you can opt for higher studies like M.tech from several universities either through regular or distance learning. Friend try to get jobs with companies which need B.Tech so that you can make full use of your qualification.
For more details refer the official website of ISRO,DRDO,IIAE,IIT,MIT etc for job vacancies. Job vacancies are posted in the website and you can apply for the post which are available as per your eligibility.

regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?