4th July 2018, 02:03 AM
ohhania

Benefits of studying MBA for BCom(Accountancy) student?

Hello everyone, I am studying BCom Accountancy Honours course. After completing my BCom, my parents are telling me to do MBA. So, I just want to know that what benefits I will get if I study MBA after my BCom?

14th July 2018, 02:05 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Benefits of studying MBA for BCom(Accountancy) student?

There are lot of benefits studying MBA after B.Com.

MBA (Master of Business Administration) is a 2 years post graduation level degree. The eligibility required is a graduation level degree in related subject from any recognised university.

There are different type of specialization course available in MBA. Some of the suitable courses for B.Com candidates are accounting & finance, finance, marketing, human resources, banking & financial services and etc.,

By studying MBA you can get jobs in different sectors and organizations as manager. You'll be learning the managing skills, preparing financial reports, managing accounts and etc.,
The salary given for the MBA candidates is high when compared to B.Com.

Based on your interest choose any one specialization in MBA and complete your course.
14th July 2018, 06:58 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

MBA is post graduation course that is one of the demanding course by MNCs now a days. Most of the MNCs look for MBA graduates for filling their HR department, Finance department and Marketing department.

They offer lucrative packages to MBA graduates to join their company. In case, if you have completed MBA from top B-schools like IIMs, Xavier Institute, etc. then the package would be high enough.

As you had already pursued B.Com (Accountancy), so it will be easier for you understand concepts of MBA as both the courses are of Commerce stream. And many concepts of MBA are related to B.Com Accountancy course.

To get admission into IIMs, you will have to crack CAT exam.
15th July 2018, 10:16 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. MBA is a professional course for candidates who provides plethora of career and job opportunities in different sector. But just pursuing MBA from a ordinary college is not going to help. After B.Com, it will help you in getting jobs in diverse field to explore different sectors.

You should prepare for entrance exam like CAT or MAT for admission in top business schools of India. To apply for CAT, you need to have minimum of 50% marks in bachelor's degree.
15th July 2018, 10:47 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

You will be having so many of doing MBA course soon after the completion of B.Com Accountancy course.

Since you are having strong Accounting knowledge, it would help you to gain in depth Accounting and Financial Knowledge in MBA course.

Having strong knowledge, you can easily crack the Interviews for the job opportunities of top MNC's.

I would suggest you to opt for any of the below specializations in MBA course.
MBA in Accounting
MBA in Financial Management
MBA in Risk Management

The admission for MBA course would be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Popular Entrance Exams to join this course are
CAT
MAT
GMAT etc.

One should have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in Graduation to be eligible to apply for the Entrance Exam.

B-Schools and IIM's are the top Institutions to join this course. I would suggest you to get admission in these Institutes so that you would be given job opportunities by top companies with top salaries.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?