15th June 2011, 10:17 PM
soumil_jalota

Which is a better course between mechanical and electronics and communication engineering in terms of career prospects, salary and subjects?

which is better: mechanical engineering or electronics and communication engineering (in terms of career prospects, salary package and subjects)?? Can u please guide me??

Related Questions:
  1. What is the portion of ECE branch?
  2. What branch should I go for after passing 12th science?
  3. Difference between Electronics and Communication Engineering and electronics Control Engineering? What are the job prospects?
  4. Which course has the best career prospects between Computer Science,Electrical and Electronics Engineering, ECE, IT?
  5. Which branch of engineering to select after completion of 12th standard? -- [New]
  6. B.Tech Student Eligibility for Technical Branch in Indian Air Force IAF -- [Most Discussed]
  7. What should I do for B.Tech after ITI Draughtsman? Evening B.Tech courses in Kerala?
  8. Best colleges in India for Mechanical Engineering and what are the prospects?
  9. Which streams of engineering are better? I have done SSC recently and I wish to pursue diploma in engineering
  10. Best stream to study among Mechanical, Computer, Electronics & Communication, Civil, Chemical and Automobile in Diploma in Engineering course?
  11. Eligibility criteria for IAF CET exam? Date of the CET and date of sale of forms?
  12. Which one is the best among ECE and MEC?
  13. Which will have better preference in terms of salary and power between Mechanical engineering and IT engineering?
  14. Integrated B.Tech and M.Tech or Dual course B.Tech and then M.Tech?
  15. Details of the subjects of PG course from electronics and communication engineering
  16. Should I go for Mechanical or Communication engineering? Which provides higher salary?
  17. Which engineering field has the best career prospect between CSE, Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering and IT?
  18. How to get a job offer from TCS? What are the prospects of career growth? I am a mechanica
22nd October 2011, 11:32 PM
punamchand

Default Re: Which is a better course between mechanical and electronics and communication engineering in terms of career prospects, salary and subjects?

Dear Friend,

I think that if you want to get admission in b.tech and you are confuse to choose branch. Then i suggest you that first of all why don't you ask yourself about that which branch you want to join. Because if i suggest that ECE is better then ME and you join ECE, but you are not interpreted in ECE's circuit, current, voltage, watt etc. but you are doing your b. tech with ECE forcefully to get huge Money and salary package then you heart your mind will never allow you to do that.....i don't want to boar you with my speech i simply want to say that if you choose any branch you like and you are good in particular that one then you can get salary package which you want. then please don't ask just go with your interest...

all the very best dear

Regards,
Punam Chad Bishnoi
23rd October 2011, 02:06 AM
gauravprakashgupta

Smile Re: Which is a better course between mechanical and electronics and communication engineering in terms of career prospects, salary and subjects?

Hello Friend,
Both of these Branches are wonderful but as you are asking on the basis of salary,career and subjects then let's see..
SALARY->If you go into your core companies then the salaries are almost equal.
CAREER->According to the nodays trend electrical students are getting more jobs as in comparision to mechanica in core companies.
SUBJECTS->Subjects of both the branches are equally tough or equally easy it depends on your hardwork.
24th November 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which is a better course between mechanical and electronics and communication engineering in terms of career prospects, salary and subjects?

what is work of mechanicalengineer in iaf how much salary he can earn
20th June 2012, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

is mechanical engineering is best for girls in terms of job,placement
27th June 2012, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

what are the benefits of electronic and communication engineering ?
28th June 2012, 07:19 AM
Unregistered

i am doing computer sci engineering from maulana azad college of engineering and technology patna. will i have to face any problem in getting job after studying from macet patna
16th July 2012, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir,I m Biju,doing B.E in in Mechanical Engineering.can I do my project in aeroplane and missile,if yes than after which semister
15th May 2013, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

can b.tec mech eng can do m.tec in other branches
6th June 2013, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

which is best among electronics cominication and mechanical engeeniring
9th June 2013, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Whicch engineering course involves alot of drawings?
23rd June 2013, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

which one is better either electronics or mechnical on da basis of carrier, jobs, future n salary in india.....???
24th June 2013, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in softwares, web,java,etc. So which branch is best for me mechanical or electronics? Plz suggest me.
4th July 2013, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

dudes im totally confused man i just finished my 2nd PUC and im gone haywire abt which engg (mech engg or Eand C engg ) .....can any one help abt which i sould take and which has a bright future
4th July 2013, 10:39 PM
harishbanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumil_jalota View Post
which is better: mechanical engineering or electronics and communication engineering (in terms of career prospects, salary package and subjects)?? Can u please guide me??
Hai, In my opinion mechanical engineering is better then electronics and communication engineering. ECE subjects are logical,mathematical, less theory and conceptual in manner where as Mechanical subjects are theoretical , less logic and more conceptual in manner.
Mechanical students can observe the subjects where as ECE students need imagination power to understand subjects.
Coming to salary ECE student can get high salary then mechanical students in the range of one lakh or near one lakh where as mechanical students get above fifty thousand or around fifty thousand.
My suggestion is, if you are good hard worker and minimum mind power you can join mechanical or if your are good at logic and maths then you can study ECE easily.
4th July 2013, 10:40 PM
harishbanu

Hai, In my opinion mechanical engineering is better then electronics and communication engineering. ECE subjects are logical,mathematical, less theory and conceptual in manner where as Mechanical subjects are theoretical , less logic and more conceptual in manner.
Mechanical students can observe the subjects where as ECE students need imagination power to understand subjects.
Coming to salary ECE student can get high salary then mechanical students in the range of one lakh or near one lakh where as mechanical students get above fifty thousand or around fifty thousand.
My suggestion is, if you are good hard worker and minimum mind power you can join mechanical or if your are good at logic and maths then you can study ECE easily.
12th July 2013, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Mind power doesn't depends one age. Suppose students getting distinction may get failed. It only depends on present . Dont listen to saying s. Nobody could know if you can be a successful genius.listen your heart. One thing is true that no subject is easier unless you love your work. Loving work for just 4 years equal to 70 years of happiness!!!! All is well!!!
16th July 2013, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

hi, i pankaj .....i m very confuse that which branch good for me......ece and mechanical
engneering plz heip me $ suggest me
20th November 2013, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

To my mind,it depends on u nd wot u love....bt on a general basis,ece is more advanced nd mre paying..whereas mech is jst there,not as valued as ece...you av 2 b vry good in maths nd physics to du well in ece...so chek ursef out 1st
9th May 2014, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

i am really confuse regarding the choice of ECE and mech becz of career opurtunities, salary, etc. i am a medium minded girl and i am not soo intelligent but i hav the confidence that i can doeceni like it too.. but parents n relatives and 'WELL KNOWN EXPERIENCED PARENTS N THEIR CHILDREN' are saying tht ece has no scope n mech has a vast scope.
please help me. i hav to choose my branch this month only and m really confused.
10th May 2014, 01:05 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Mechanical Engineering and
Electronics and Communication Engineering
are the two popular specializations in Engineering course being offered by many of the colleges in India.

Its not that Mechanical Engineering is a good choice and ECE is not a good choice.

Both the courses will be having its own career scope and job opportunities for the candidates.

Only thing is that you should have make most out of the course by gaining good subject knowledge and communication skills.

It would be an added advantage for you if you complete your Engineering course from a top college where there are good academic standards so that you will be having the benefit in terms of campus placements.

So, I suggest you to opt for the specialization as per your interest.

The admission for this course will be given on the basis of performance in the Entrance Exam.

Popular Entrance Exams to join this course are
AIEEE
IIT-JEE
BITSAT etc.

Choose the Entrance Exam that you are interested and have good preparation for the same and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
30th June 2014, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

iam gud at maths nd physics..but not so gud at the chapter semiconductor..which branch is suitabl for me?
14th July 2014, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
is mechanical engineering is best for girls in terms of job,placement
mechanical engineering is actually not a good option for girls but electronics and telecommunications is the best u because there's actually less labour work as compared to mechanical

best of luck
30th August 2014, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

which one is better computer engineering or electronics and communication engineering on the bases of career prospects, salary and subjects
23rd September 2014, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I love machines and robots. So plz tell me which branch should i take in b.tech? Plz must ans.
23rd September 2014, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in machines and robots. So plz tell me which branch should i take in b.tech. plz must ans.
10th June 2015, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

To become merine engineer which is more helpful electronical engineer or mechanical engineer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?