26th July 2015, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

Which will have better preference in terms of salary and power between Mechanical engineering and IT engineering?

Hello,I am in class X right now but thinking to take engineering as my career option.I am interested in both CS and also mechanical engineering.

Here I am considering Salary,power(powerful post) etc.These are from private and government jobs point of view.

I want to get into any multinational company or any private firm(like Google,apple,Microsoft etc) or get into IES(Indian engineering service).

I am in a huge confusion in the selection of engineering branch in my future.
Please help me with precise reasons for each.

Thank You..

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get admission for M.Tech in Kerala in aided or self financing institute with merit? I have completing B.Tech in Kerala University in EEE with non GATE
  2. Which is a better course between mechanical and electronics and communication engineering in terms of career prospects, salary and subjects?
  3. Job availability, salary and entrepreneurship opportunity in Communication Engineering, Power Engineering and Control Engineering?
  4. How many PSUs recruit without GATE score?
  5. Engineering Branches which have high salaries? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Information about Campus Placement in Power Engineering Course in Jadavpur University? How much is the salary offered in government and private sector companies? Will I be eligible for placement in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Computers?
  7. Can I do mechanical or electronics after passing power engineering from NPTI?
  8. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  9. What is the scope in engineering disciplines?
  10. Should I go for Mechanical or Communication engineering? Which provides higher salary?
  11. List of branches of engineering applicable for IES? I've completed B.E from NPTI in power engineering
  12. How much salary will I get after completing B.E in Mechanical Engineering? I have completed qualify controling
  13. What minimum percentage is required in graduation,12th and 10th for NTPC exam
  14. Am i eligible for a job in NTPC?
  15. How much salary would I get after doing Mechanical Engineering from BS Addur Rehman University?
  16. Best courses in Mechanical Engineering for taking specialization in M.Tech.?
  17. Is there any difference between Mechanical and Aerospace engineering in bachelor's degree?
  18. List of colleges in Pune for Lateral Entry in B.E.?
28th July 2015, 08:29 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which will have better preference in terms of salary and power between Mechanical engineering and IT engineering?

This is one of the most common confusions in the minds of the students who are about to start their engineering journey. There is ample scope in both these fields and if you excel, you can get lucrative career options in both these fields. However, both these fields are completely different from each other and it is quite difficult to switch from one domain to another. You should take the decision as per your interests, comforts and strengths. Mechanical is more of mathematical concepts while CS is more of logical and analytical concept. After mechanical engineering there are ample job scope in government sector while the same is true for CS but for private sector. If you are good at programming then go for CS else mechanical. This is because there is more scope of CS than mechanical.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?