15th July 2012, 03:22 PM
kanika280

is it better to go for Physics after doing BSc electronics from DU?

hello,
i am taking coaching for msc physics but i am doing bsc electronics from du... is it better to go for phy.??? i choosed electro but then again phy??? so wat to do??? i am confuse ..plz help me ..

22nd July 2012, 02:49 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: is it better to go for Physics after doing BSc electronics from DU?

After completion of B.Sc in Electronics if you find that electronics is not more interesting for you then surely you should go for physics if you have interest on physics. As already you have started coaching in M.Sc physics then I think you are very much interested to study physics. In that case don't be confused. Physics is a very good subject and after completion of physics job opportunities and scope is very high.

After completion of M.Sc in physics from Delhi University(DU) you may go for further study P.hd or you may try to join in a college as a professor. Research field for physics is very much glorious. In comparison with electronics physic is much better for M.Sc study.Because in electronics field there are not so much job opportunity. Most of the electronics organization like to take admission from B.Tech in electronics students they also prefer engineering graduates.

But if you complete M.Sc from physics then there are so many job opportunities. You may try for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) after completion of your M.Sc.Even you may work in private organization also after completion of master degree.

I will suggest you have take a very good decision. Don't be confused on that. Study more attentively the physics subject and try to gather knowledge. Surely you will do the best in your future from physics. Best of luck.
22nd July 2012, 04:18 PM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: is it better to go for Physics after doing BSc electronics from DU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanika280 View Post
hello,
i am taking coaching for msc physics but i am doing bsc electronics from du... is it better to go for phy.??? i choosed electro but then again phy??? so wat to do??? i am confuse ..plz help me ..
[SIZE=5][SIZE=5]Hi,

*You have a good future after B.Sc in Electronics
*You may join physics honors department/msc physics.
But here you will not be satisfied as your knowledge by that time will be more of computer science related. Now if you do not have any inclination for lectureship, then go for chip designs and digital logic designing jobs in companies like Intel.

*there is a lot of scope in physics like after master degree you can apply for DRDO for training program AS A JUNIOR SCIENTIST AND THERE IS ALSO SOME PROGRAMS BY WHICH YO CAN BECOME A SCIENTIST IN DRDO OR YOU CAN GO FOR RESEARCH FIELD ALSO .

Or you can go for Electronics M.Sc. Now after you do this you have two career choices. Either you can join a corporate company in their hardware department or you can join a university as Electronics lecturer.
Remember if you join as a lecturer then for most institutes you may have to go for computer science departments. This is because of the fact that most colleges do not have electronics honors as a department. This is still in the process, and only because of the reason that faculty is less for this. Now in computer science electronics is a separate paper and not only that mostly colleges have computer science honors in their science department.
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=5]*job in companies
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=5]Hardware and Networking
MCSE
CCNA
RHCE
Programming courses
etc.
&
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4][SIZE=4]ALSO YOU CAN APPLY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION ...
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][SIZE=4]
[/SIZE][SIZE=5][SIZE=5]ALL THE BEST....
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?