11th October 2019, 02:44 PM
psharma04

Is Biology mandatory in Intermediate for studying BHMS?

Hi, I have completed my Intermediate from Science stream with PCM subject combination and scored 64.6%. I did not has Biology in my 12th. So, now is it possible to get admission in any college for doing Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)?

15th October 2019, 02:54 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Biology mandatory in Intermediate for studying BHMS?

BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) and to pursue the same degree course the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with 50% marks in aggregate in PCB group subjects from a recognised board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Class 12 with PCM group, you are not eligible for pursuing BHMS degree course.
15th October 2019, 04:58 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic and Medicine Surgery.

Yes, Biology is mandatory in Intermediate for studying BHMS.

The educational qualifications required for studying BHMS are mentioned below:-

1. Candidates must have completed their 12th standard or, Intermediate with PCB(Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as primary subjects from any recognised board.

2. Candidates must have secured 50% marks in their 12th standard.
15th October 2019, 06:59 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Having completed your Class 12th with PCM group, you are not eligible to pursue BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery) course as for pursuing the same degree course the minimum education required is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from a recognised board of education.
15th October 2019, 08:07 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** Yes, Biology subject is mandatory in Intermediate for studying the BHMS course.

** Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery is an undergraduate Homoeopathic Medical course.

** The candidate should have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.

** The course duration of Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery is 5½ Years.

You are not eligible to get admission in Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery after completing 12th with PCM subjects.
15th October 2019, 08:58 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

To pursue BHMS (Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery), the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th with the subject combination which includes Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics instead of Biology, you are not eligible to pursue BHMS course.
20th October 2019, 03:08 AM
S4018

Quote:
Originally Posted by psharma04 View Post
Hi, I have completed my Intermediate from Science stream with PCM subject combination and scored 64.6%. I did not has Biology in my 12th. So, now is it possible to get admission in any college for doing Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)?
The basic requirement for the eligibility to get the admission to BHMS programme is qualifying the 10+2 examination with 50% marks. The candidate must have the physics, chemistry and biology in 12th class.
So you are not eligible for BHMS course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?