23rd May 2012, 04:46 PM
Pank a-9

Books to be preferred to prepare for PSU? I am a student of B.E final year

Sir i am a student of b.e final year. I want to prepare for psu's. Which book i can preferred?

22nd July 2012, 12:44 AM
vidh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Books to be preferred to prepare for PSU? I am a student of B.E final year

hello,

Re: Which are the standard books for PSU entrance exams?
Dear there are two part in Every PSU exam

First is Common exam - include Maths, Reasoning, GK & english
Second is of optional subject - inyour case IT

AS far as first part is concerned for maths & reasoning you should go for R. S Agarwal
For english you should go for Lucents English books also study the course reader books of class 8, 9 & 10..... Specially of NCERT....
For General Knwoledge you can again for Lucents General knowledge books which includes lot of study material on history, geography, indin constitution, economics, banking which is often asked in PSU examss...

Also you can read various magazine alike competition success, competition reviews, Pratiyogita darpan,

For your Second part you should consult with your seniors & faculties,,,,

You can also download sample question papers from net which will give you an idea of often asked subject, topics, terms, from Information Technology,,,

This all will definitely help you in making a blue print for study & preparing for PSU exams....

Best Of Luck
22nd July 2012, 08:39 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Books to be preferred to prepare for PSU? I am a student of B.E final year

I could have helped better if you had mentioned the stream in which you are doing Engineering. Anyway PSU or Public Sector Undertakings jobs are high in demand among the Engineering candidates. The reason being that PSU not only pays well but also offer job security which you may never get in any private company.

As you know that to get job in PSU, all candidates are required to appear in a exam. The questions in the exam may be technical questions from Engineering subjects or questions from the following subjects:

English

Numerical Ability

Reasoning Ability

Computer Knowledge

Marketing Knowledge

How To Prepare

Start the preparation by practicing some model papers out there.

You can also practice some Engineering Services (IES) previous questions paper.

Practicing previous GATE exam papers is highly recommended because these exams are often similar to the GATE exam.

The books you should look for are:

Upkars Quicker Reasoning Test

Objective General English 10,000+ Questions

Ramesh Test Of Reasoning Ability

Quicker Mathematics by M.Tyra

English Grammar by Wren and Martin

Numirical Ability by R.S. Agarwal

C.L Wardhwa - Electrical Power Systems

Electrical Objective Question Bank - GALGOTIA Publications

Arihant Objective General Knowledge 6250+ Questions
26th July 2012, 12:31 AM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hii......!!!

-->Following are the books that you can go for:-

*arihant objective general knowledge 6250+questions

*electrical objective bank

*C.L wardhwa

*english grammar by wren and martin

*numerical ability by R.S aggarwal

*upkars quicker reasoning test

*ramesh test of reasoning ability

all the best....go ahead!!!
7th October 2013, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

Which general awareness book should i prefer for HAL EXAM???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?