27th July 2011, 06:37 PM
soumyarajanna

Which books to refer for GATE and how to prepare for it?

Hi All,
i am planning take gate201 , but i can't go for coaching classes , i need to study myself and take the exam.

but i don't know about material to study and i am not clear to make time table to study plz any one suggest me ,, it will be more helpful in my life

which books to refer and how to prepare.. pls help me to make time table.

plzplz

27th July 2011, 09:14 PM
Shruti Mehta....

Default Re: Which books to refer for GATE and how to prepare for it?

please specify your branch so that i could help you. well better go according to the syllabus specified in gate prospectus, it will help you to proceed in right direction. and for better outcomes make notes after completion of every chapter and analyse yourself by practising as many model question papers possible. you may join arihant test series as it will help you to keep a track where do you stand.
28th July 2011, 07:54 AM
Tejas125

Hi All,
i am planning take gate201 , but i can't go for coaching classes , i need to study myself and take the exam.

but i don't know about material to study and i am not clear to make time table to study plz any one suggest me ,, it will be more helpful in my life

plzplz
28th July 2011, 08:54 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

as you not mention your subject or branch for gate exam.

i give u the names for many branches...

GATE Exam Books
With the increasing number of students taking up GATE exam every year, different books are being written by experts for helping the students to prepare for the GATE exam. Some of the popular books for preparing to the GATE exam are given below on the basis of the branch of study:

GATE books for Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology:

Some of the popular books include Fundamentals of data structure written by Ellis Horowitz, Data structures written by Lipshutz, Data structures using C and C++ written by Langsan, Augunstein and Tenebaum and Data structures and Algorithms Analysis in C written by Mark Allen and Weises.

GATE books for Mathematics:

Mathematics is one of the 21 streams of GATE exam and mathematics is included as a syllabus in almost all the 21 streams. Some of the books for mathematics include C. L. Liu, Elements of Discrete Mathematics, which belongs to McGraw-Hill International Editions, Discrete Mathematics by Tremblay & Manohar, Discrete Mathematics For Computer Scientists & Mathematicians written by Mott, Kondel and Baker and Highly Engineering Mathematics by B.S.Grewal.

GATE books for Civil Engineering:

Some of the popular books for Civil Engineering stream of GATE exam include Civil Engineering by B. S. Reddy, CPWD Civil Engineering from G.K. Publications and Civil Engineering (Objective) by S.K. Srivastava.

GATE books for Electrical Engineering:

Some of the books for this category are Electrical Machinery by P.S. Bimbhra and The Performance and Design of Alternating Current Machine written by M.G. Say.

GATE books for Electronics and Communication Engineering:

Some of the popular books for Electronics and Communication Engineering stream of GATE exam include Higher Engineering Mathematics written by Dr. B.S. Grewal, Network Analysis written by VanValkenburg, Integrated electronics by Milman Halkias, Electronic devices and circuits by Millman and Halkias, Digital Electronics by Morris Mano, Signal and Systems Simon Haykin, Modern Control system by Ogata, Communication System by Simon Haykin and Engg Electromagnetics by William Hayt.
28th July 2011, 10:11 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

i think you will appear in GATE 2012 examination. so there is so many months to be prepared for GATE examination. if you start from today then these few months are sufficient to clear the GATE examination if you study attentively with a plan.

you have not mentioned your stream of study. still there are books of G K Publishers for all stream separately. you may go through this book of your stream for preparation of GATE examination. one book GATE 2012 by Conodia is also good for GATE preparation.

but before studying this types of books you must have to study text book. from the syllabus of GATE examination first try to cover the whole syllabus from text books or the books whatever you studied at the time of your graduation examination. after that study the books which are specially made for GATE examination.

as you are not going to coaching classes then i think you have to study near about 3 hours everyday for GATE examination attentively from now if you are average candidates. this hour of study will vary person to person. decide yourself how much you should study for preparation of GATE examination. without joining in any coaching classes you may go for the only study material from the coaching institution or you may appear in mock test for GATE examination organized by various coaching institution. these are very much helpful to clear the GATE examination.

best of luck.
28th July 2011, 06:27 PM
saurav9889

see if u want to do self study then first of all u have to approach the gate exam in 2 phases. first of all deeply understand all the concepts of different gate subjects from the books that u have consulted during your grad. that will help u to memorise all imp. concepts then purchase a good problem solving book like g.k pub, or galgotias or made easy pub. books they will help u apply ur concepts into various type of questions.
28th July 2011, 07:20 PM
rana2011
Banned

You do not mentioned your stream of study.

You may go through the books of G K Publishers for all stream separately and the book of GATE 2012 by Conodia which will too much better for preparation of GATE examination.

But before studying this types of books you must have to study text book. from the syllabus of GATE examination and first try to cover the whole syllabus from text books or the books whatever you studied at the time of your graduation examination. after that study the books which are specially made for GATE examination.

Otherwise you may take coaching from the coaching institution or you may appear in mock test for GATE examination organized by various coaching institution.

you may go for study material of GATE exam and take preparation selfly.

Best of luck!

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=969411#ixzz1TP4IcBwW
28th July 2011, 08:38 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Which books to refer for GATE and how to prepare for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumyarajanna View Post
Hi All,

plzplz
Dear friend yes you can best preparation if you start preparation from today..........

Because from today there is too much time for GATE if you can do ...........

Because GATE exam have in the FEBRUARY and if you start preparation from today then you have too much time for GATE exam and you gave good performance............

You can use some books and if you can effort then you can demand STUDY -MATERIAL FROM MADE EASY DELHI..........

And you can also use G.K Publishers books for GATE exam..................

For more information you can visit this website..........

1.WWW.MADEEASY.COM

2.WWW.IESACADEMY.COM

This type of too much coaching center from which you can take any information from this type of coaching center.....................
16th August 2011, 12:50 PM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumyarajanna View Post
Hi All,

plzplz
My dear friend for Gate exam you don't need to go to coaching classes...just go through your notes....give 2 hours daily for 6 months and you will be through...
first go through past year question paper and you willl get fair idea and according to weightage of subjects divide our time...if possible give mock tests....gateforum.com....books are from gk publication and made easy...
regards,
sharad
17th August 2011, 04:34 PM
soumyarajanna

Hi friends ,

thanking you all.

i am B.E computer science 2010 passed out.
17th August 2011, 04:37 PM
soumyarajanna

Hello friends,

one my friend is planning to take e litmus exam.

please help .

how to prepare?
which books to refer?

he is doing B.E information science.

how many days to prepare and when to take?
29th August 2011, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESS View Post
i think you will appear in GATE 2012 examination. so there is so many months to be prepared for GATE examination. if you start from today then these few months are sufficient to clear the GATE examination if you study attentively with a plan.

you have not mentioned your stream of study. still there are books of G K Publishers for all stream separately. you may go through this book of your stream for preparation of GATE examination. one book GATE 2012 by Conodia is also good for GATE preparation.

but before studying this types of books you must have to study text book. from the syllabus of GATE examination first try to cover the whole syllabus from text books or the books whatever you studied at the time of your graduation examination. after that study the books which are specially made for GATE examination.

as you are not going to coaching classes then i think you have to study near about 3 hours everyday for GATE examination attentively from now if you are average candidates. this hour of study will vary person to person. decide yourself how much you should study for preparation of GATE examination. without joining in any coaching classes you may go for the only study material from the coaching institution or you may appear in mock test for GATE examination organized by various coaching institution. these are very much helpful to clear the GATE examination.

best of luck.

hi
thanking you for the replay, i am computer science student and presently i am working , so only i am not able make time table for study.
but i am good enough to solve my graduations concepts.
7th September 2011, 07:53 PM
fahran

the syllabus of GATE examination and first try to cover the whole syllabus from text books or the books whatever you studied at the time of your graduation examination. after that study the books which are specially made for GATE examination.

you may joining in any coaching classes and go for the only study material from the coaching institution or you may appear in mock test for GATE examination organized by various coaching institution. these are very much helpful to clear the GATE examination.

thanks
8th September 2011, 02:34 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
You want to appear in GATE exam, then you can go for it.. You have not mention your stream then it will be easier to suggest you..

To crack the exam you must have a vast technical knowledge.. For that you have to study the text books throughly..
Beside this you have to follow some reference books.. To get more clear concept..
you can refer the books like-
GATE by GK publishers..
GATE last ten year solved papers..

These are the books which will help you to understand the question pattern and also gives you an idea that how to solve the questions as quick as possible..

So, you have to do lots of practice to solve the questions..
try to solve more numerical questions..
Beside this you have to also solve aptitude questions..
because aptitude questions are also there..
So, go for it..
All the best..
15th October 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

i am b-tech (cse) 1 year student. i want to ask how to prerare for gate exam from the begining? which book is helpu for me?
14th March 2012, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

hello im pursuing MCA and it will be completing on 2013 so can i apply for gate coz i wanna do Ph.D in network security from IIT
31st March 2012, 12:53 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Here iam providing you some of the books to prepare for GATE:
quanatitve aptitute:RS
agrawal
higher engineering
mathematics by B S grewal
Engineering Mechnics byR K bansal
Strength of materials by R K
bansal
Theory of Machines By Khurmi
Machine Design By Khurmi
Thermal Engineering by Khurmi
Heat and mass transfer by DS
kumar
production tecnology by RK
Jain
Objective mechanical engineering by RK Jain etc.
and to get succes in Gate a
regular study and revision of
the subjects is necessary as the
exam has a very wide
syllabus.
All the best.
31st March 2012, 06:58 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

BOOKS for GATE Exam:

Higher engineering mathematics by B.S Grewal
Intermediate Mathematics , S.Chand publications by B.V.Sastry , K.Venkateswarlu
Probability , statistics & queuing theory by S.C Gupta & V.K.Kapoor
Network Analysis by VAn Valkenburg
NEtwork Theory by Alexander Sadiku , UA Bakshi
Network Theory by Shaum's outline , Robbins & Miller
Electronic devices & circuits by Boylestead
Electronic principals by Malvino
Engineering Circuit analysis Hayt & kemmerly
Digital Circuits anand Kumar
Signals & system by Oppenham & schiener
Control system by Ogatta
Communication system by Simon Haykin
principle of communication system by Taub & Schiling
Aptitude test by D R Choudhary

Best Of luck
29th July 2012, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Which book shall i refer for BHAVINI technical officer-C written test for Mechanical Engineers?(or) Where shall I get Previous year model question papers with answers for this written test?
4th January 2013, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

hi friends
i am B.tech 3rd semester in civil engineering student . i have a dream to crack GATE exam & wants to reserve my seat in IIT for M.Tech & I request you to suggest me how to prepare for it & which books i should consult since from this time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?