2nd April 2011, 12:40 AM
shivam patel

How to prepare for GATE and IAS exam? Which books to refer for preparation?

i m in 1st yr taking mech. branch in an central gov. college.i want to know how to prepare for gate &ias exam.plzz tell me the books,magazine etc. names for preparation for that.

2nd April 2011, 02:50 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE and IAS exam? Which books to refer for preparation?

If you don't to know where to go, no road will take you.

So decide a destination here itself of cracking either GATE exam or IAS exam and start putting efforts on that side.

GATE gives you eligibility for M.Tech. This exam is purely on the basis of your subject knowledge in engineering.

Where as IAS procedure will be by
1)CSAT - Civil Services Aptitude test
2)Main examination
3)Interview

CSAT exam focuses on aptitude and General knowledge. So focus on these areas if you want to crack IAS.

R.S.Agarwal is the good book to prepare for Aptitude.

For to crack GATE, you have plenty of books available in the market.
Previous papers is one of the good source.
GATE questions and answers books are also good choice.
2nd April 2011, 08:59 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for GATE and IAS exam? Which books to refer for preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivam patel View Post
i m in 1st yr taking mech. branch in an central gov. college.i want to know how to prepare for gate &ias exam.plzz tell me the books,magazine etc. names for preparation for that.
RECOMMENDED BOOKS TO PREPARE FOR GATE EXAM

GATE PAPERS : Mechanical Engineering
Price - Rs. 230
To buy Online CLICK HERE!!!

GATE 2011 : General Aptitude & Mathematics
Price - Rs. 165

Gate Papers Mechanical Engg. Solved Papers (Topic Wise)
Price - Rs. 125

RECOMMENDED BOOKS TO PREPARE FOR IAS EXAM

Some of the recommended books to prepare for IAS exam are as follows....

IAS PRE : English Comprehension Skills - CSAT Series Book
Price - Rs. 150

I. A. S. Objective Mathematics
Price - Rs. 489

Chapter Wise Solutions IAS (Preliminary Exam) HISTORY
Price - Rs. 105

TIPS TO PREPARE FOR GATE & IAS EXAM

Tips to prepare for GATE & IAS Exam as follows...

-> Practice questions daily by spending some valuable time for preparation...

-> Refer previous year question papers and find out the question pattern and prepare for the exam accordingly.

-> Refer the recommended books and prepare well to score good marks..
2nd April 2011, 10:11 PM
devendergora

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE and IAS exam? Which books to refer for preparation?

GATE and IAS , both are different field, choose anyone, as both of them are very tough, you cannt do both, either take some Councillors advice.
14th April 2011, 07:46 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to prepare for GATE and IAS exam? Which books to refer for preparation?

GATE and IAS both are completely different..

GATE is a entrance test for masters program ..

whereas

IAS is an entrance test for a Unique and well reputed job ..i.e. a very famous civil service in the country and its highly popular for its power and status..

preparation for both is impossible...

and

you should first know for which thing you are applying for ..

i.e..,

GATE or IAS

accordingly you should decide which plan to follow..

but both require vigorous preparation..

so all the best

make a good selection..

~aditya~
25th May 2011, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

i m completing my 1st year ......my branch is electronics and communication.....and i want to prepare for gate by self study alongwith doing my b.tech.......is this possible for me........plz suggest me ideas...........
14th July 2011, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Sir, i'm anand from lucknow and i 'm in first year my branch is civil engineering and i want to crack gate nd ias entrance exam plz suggest me for self study nd books
22nd July 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

sir i am studying b.tech 3rd year C.S.E which books i refer the GATE& IAS exams?
24th September 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

sir,m studying B.Tech electrical engg.1st year which books should i refer for GATE examination(self study books) n when can i give the exam?
also let me know the scores to crack the examination?
24th September 2011, 07:09 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

youtube downloader, utorrentSome Important Tips:

1:According to me,maintain a time table to allow yourself to devote minimum 6-8hrs per day for the GATE.

2:Then try to collect the base or main material of any subject.

3:.Study the Syllabus

4:Try to solve the Previous questions papers

5:Try to Solve more and more problems,

6:Try to discover more and more new own tricks by which you can easily solve any problem in a less time .

7:You can go for self tests.
16th November 2011, 12:24 AM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello

GATE gives you eligibility for M.Tech. This exam is purely on the basis of your subject knowledge in engineering.

Where as IAS procedure will be by
1)CSAT - Civil Services Aptitude test
2)Main examination
3)Interview

CSAT exam focuses on aptitude and General knowledge. So focus on these areas if you want to crack IAS.

R.S.Agarwal is the good book to prepare for Aptitude.

For to crack GATE, you have plenty of books available in the market.
Previous papers is one of the good source.
GATE questions and answers books are also good choice.
22nd November 2011, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

if i study well my b.tech syllabus very well will i have the chances to score well in gate exam. currently i m in b.tech 3 sem mechanical...
23rd November 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am prem from visakhapatnam. I am doing my 2nd yr b.tech in electronics and communication branch....its very important for me to selected aas an i a s officer in first attempt itself....so pls suggest me very important tips and on which subjects should i concentrate more................?
23rd November 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am prem from visakhapatnam. I am doing my 2nd yr b.tech in electronics and communication branch....its very important for me to be selected as an i a s officer in first attempt itself....so pls suggest me very important tips and on which subjects should i concentrate more................?
28th January 2012, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

sir i m student of b.tech.1st year computer science engineering branch in DCRUST(MURTHAL) AND i want to prepare for GATE exam what should i do to get good marks in gate exam and i want to get selected in IIT DELHI pls tell me what should i do
15th May 2012, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

which books arev good for preparing civils with mechanical engineering and mathematics as optional subjects?
29th July 2012, 05:32 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

Books for IAS :

-Civil Services Examination Syllabus by Gkp Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd Price:- Rs. 45

-IAS Exam Made Simple by S. Nagarajan / S. Sundar Rajan Publisher :- Unique Publishers Price :- Rs. 89

-Civil Services Aptitude Test by Chandresh Agrawal Publisher :- Priynka Prakashan Price:- Rs. 312

all the best
19th October 2012, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir! i'm studing B.E civil 3rd yr. which book i refer the gate exam?
30th December 2012, 05:16 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends.................

The best option to prepare for GATE & IAS exam is PREFER ALL THE STANDARD BOOKS & LEARN ALL THE BASICS............ENOUGH

ALL THE BEST,..........
31st March 2013, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

hi....
i want to know best gate books preparation for computer science engineering....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?