30th March 2012, 09:03 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for GATE? Which books should I refer? Best coaching institutes for the same?

i am studying in 3rd yr mech engg. i want to know how to prepare gate and which books i use for that.also tell me best coaching institute for that.please give me suggestions.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I prepare for GATE ? Is there any coaching? Any institutes in Chennai?
  2. How can I prepare for M.A Psychology entrance test? Which are the institutes providing coaching for the same? -- [New]
  3. Best institute in Bangalore for preparation for PSU/IES exam?
  4. Which books to refer for GATE and how to prepare for it?
  5. Which Books I have to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE and not interested to take coaching for GATE Exam?
  6. Standard books to prepare for GATE exam if I am not taking any GATE coaching? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to prepare for GATE exam? Which books to refer for the GATE EEE exam?
  8. How to prepare for upcoming GATE entrance exam? Where in Kolkata can I get coaching for GATE Instrumentation? Which type of books are appropriate for preparing for MCQ's of GATE exam?
  9. Which books should I refer to prepare for GATE exam?
  10. How to prepare for GATE exam? I am a 3rd semester student of ECE branch
  11. Which books to refer for GATE Exam for Life Sciences?
  12. How to get admission in M.Tech? I am currently in 3rd year IT
  13. How to prepare for GATE Exam? Which books to refer for GATE Exam?
  14. Which book should I refer for GATE exam? Which subjects should I focus more on?
  15. Should I prepare for GATE right from 2nd year? Coaching institutes in Chennai?
  16. How is the coaching quality of GateForum Bangalore? List of good institutes for GATE coaching in Bangalore?
  17. How to prepare for GATE and IAS exam? Which books to refer for preparation?
  18. List of Books to prepare for GATE Exam in Computer Science?
31st March 2012, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE? Which books should I refer? Best coaching institutes for the same?

i m dng my 3rd yr EEE now. i want t. prepare for gate exam. so tel me the details and which book i have to follow. pls guide me
31st March 2012, 12:47 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for GATE? Which books should I refer? Best coaching institutes for the same?

Hai,
Here iam providing you some of the books to prepare for GATE:
quanatitve aptitute:RS
agrawal
higher engineering
mathematics by B S grewal
Engineering Mechnics byR K bansal
Strength of materials by R K
bansal
Theory of Machines By Khurmi
Machine Design By Khurmi
Thermal Engineering by Khurmi
Heat and mass transfer by DS
kumar
production tecnology by RK
Jain
Objective mechanical engineering by RK Jain etc.
and to get succes in Gate a
regular study and revision of
the subjects is necessary as the
exam has a very wide
syllabus.
All the best.
31st March 2012, 02:19 PM
bishwa1987
Junior Member+

You prepare for gate by thoroughly reading your text books. you also join GATE forum who give coaching on gate. And prepare previous years question papers.
31st March 2012, 02:23 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

preparing for GATE can be as easy as preparing for your college examinations
Just take little cautions while studying any topic & do remember that GATE paper focus on your in depth knowledge of subjects , your basics , presence of mind during examination

I'll recommend following while preparing for your GATE exams people may differ as this my personal opinion:

Always follow standard books for GATE try to cover complete syllabus
Preparing notes after reading every chapter
While reading any chapter do ask your self following questions what , how , why ?
best way to prepare is to follow cycle learn , test , analyze , improve
group study is one of the best ways of preparation

GATE Coaching Centres :

Elite academy , Mumbai
career plus , Delhi
IES academy , Delhi
Trajectory education , Delhi
VPM classes , Kota
Vani institute of engineering & technology , Pune
3rd April 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

i m studying in 3rd year civil engineering. i want to know how to prepare for gate exam.n please tell me that which book should i preffer.give me suggestion.
7th July 2012, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i m a student of b.tech 2nd year genetic engineering. i want to know which books should i follow for GATE life science exam.
8th July 2012, 01:46 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Here i am mentioning the names of some books you can refer to. Along with that i am also attaching some papers of previous years so that you can get a knowledge about the question pattern as well. Hope this helps

GATE Reference Books:

Publisher: CI India

Publisher: Made Easy Publications

Publisher: GKP

Publisher: Satya Prakashan
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GATE ME 1991 Question Paper.PDF(188.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: pdf GATE ME 1992 Question Paper.pdf(115.9 KB, 80 views)
File Type: pdf GATE-ME-1993.PDF(93.8 KB, 93 views)
17th September 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

i am doing 3 rd b.e mechanical plz upload last five years mechanical engineering gate exam questions
4th October 2012, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

hey its Vinay ... i have done my diploma in mechanical engg. from govt. polytechnic Sundernagar (himachal Pradesh) . i m 19 years old i got job in campus placement and i m doing amie with job . after that i want to fight gate test.. i want to do anything best by which my soul feel that i hv done anything..... and i know that i hv to work hard very hard for getting my dreams come true..... thanks for this help to u...
9th December 2012, 12:19 AM
Unregistered

I am Prasanta Das. I have done my diploma in Electrical Engg.from govt. polytechnic.Iam doing AMIE with job. Iwant to know what percentage of marks required in section-A of AMIE for appearing GATE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?