10th February 2016, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare for GATE through self study? Suitable books for preparation?

Sir,
I am studying in 3rd year of B.E. Civil Engineering. Here no coaching centers available for GATE. I want to prepare GATE from know. What is the possible ways for cracking GATE with self study? What are the standard text books favourable for GATE?

Related Questions:
  1. Which time is suitable for preparation for GATE 2016? Which books should I prefer?
  2. How to prepare for GATE by self study? I am a B.E 3rd year student
  3. How to prepare for GATE to secure seat in IIT? Suitable books and coaching classes in Hyderabad for preparation?
  4. Is it possible to get admission in M.tech after passing degree in engineering with 60% aggregate
  5. How can I prepare to qualify in CDS exam through self study? Suitable books for preparation?
  6. How to prepare for GATE and IAS exam? Which books to refer for preparation?
  7. How much time one should devote for GATE preparation? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Which books are best to prepare for IAS entrance exam?
  9. How can I prepare to qualify in AMUEEE? Suitable books for preparation?
  10. Books to be referred to prepare for GATE in Chemistry?
  11. Which are the suitable higher study options available after B.E Biotech? Syllabus to prepare for the GATE exam?
  12. How can I prepare to crack PSU recruitment exams being an Electrical Engineer? Suitable books for preparation?
  13. How to study for Bank Probationary Officer Exam? Books which are suitable for preparation?
  14. Books that are to be referred for GATE preparation? I want to study PG in Mech
  15. GATE Self Study Preparation Tips for Those Who Are Doing Jobs And Can't Join Coaching Classes
  16. How to start preparation for GATE exam? Books to be referred?
  17. How to prepare for GATE after finishing 3rd year of engineering? Should I join any institute in Bangalore for GATE preparation?
  18. How can I prepare to crack NID undergraduate entrance exam? Suitable books and online study materials for preparation?
12th February 2016, 08:05 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for GATE through self study? Suitable books for preparation?

Preparation tips for GATE :-

- You need to study regularly and be in touch with the concepts.
- You need to know the concepts well and practice a variety of numerical referring different kinds of books.
- You need to have a revision time daily in your schedule.
- You can take up various mock test papers and sample test papers.
- Practice previous years' papers.

The books for reference is attached herewith.
Attached Files
File Type: docx GATE_CIVIL.docx(11.7 KB, 19 views)
12th February 2016, 08:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for GATE through self study? Suitable books for preparation?

It is not very easy to crack the GATE examination with self study. Mostly, candidates who also have taken GATE coaching from a reputed coaching centers are also not able to qualify in GATE examination. You can imagine that how much difficulty the level of paper will be, so, I suggest you to take GATE coaching from a reputed GATE coaching center. Since, you have mentioned that there are no coaching centers available near your area, you need to go to another area where coaching is available, if you are interested to crack GATE examination.

Best GATE Civil Engineering Preparation Books :-
--> Strength of Materials by Gere & Temoshenko, B C Punamia
--> Highway Engineering by Khanna & Jasto, Kadiyali
--> Concrete Structures by Punamia & Jain, H J Shah
--> Hydrology by Subramanyam
--> Steel Structures by Duggal
--> Structural Analysis by Negi, S Ramamurtham, C K Vang
--> Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulics: Modi & Seth by R K Bansal and Subramanyam
--> Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering: Ranjan & Rao, Venkat Ramaiha by S K Garg
--> Irrigation by S K Garg
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?