21st June 2010, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

IT branch in NIT Raipur and Mechanical in BIT Durgapur, which one to choose?

I am getting IT branch in NIT Raipur and mechanical in BIT Durg ,Which should I prefer???
PLZ suggest me a way.
What is the future in IT Profession???
Tell me something about higher studies in IT branch.

1st July 2010, 12:04 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: IT branch in NIT Raipur and Mechanical in BIT Durgapur, which one to choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am getting IT branch in NIT Raipur and mechanical in BIT Durg ,Which should I prefer???
PLZ suggest me a way.
dear friend,
mechanical is a better trade than IT because with mechanical stream you will have more chances of placement than it. But nit raipur is better than bits because it is a govt. College. Its fees is low. But that doesn,t mean that bits is not good. Bits is the topmost college in private institutions.
So in my opinion you must go for bits.
Best of luck
1st July 2010, 02:36 AM
sattuvachan
Senior Member++++

Default Re: IT branch in NIT Raipur and Mechanical in BIT Durgapur, which one to choose?

IT branch has good future prospects but it cannot be think as a CSE branch .. it's a rather mere part of it but it is also a decent one to go for ....

IT and CSE comparison can be thought as ARCHiTECTURE and CIVIL respectively.....

IT profession has great future and even it's a future in itself ...
Its professional are working in some software companies such as HCL , ORACLE , etc. at the post of managers and assistant managers along with technicians and advisors ...

definitely , you can also go for higher educations in it with options as
MTech (through GATE or into your same college by admissions to it's dual degree programs ),
MBA (through entrance tests such as CAT , MAT , JMET (conducted by IITs) , OR TO
PHd programs (through GATE and IIT-JAM )

The above mentioned both options are equivalently decent but opting one of them depends upon your interests in computer languages or machines ...
But i think mechanical will be a better one ...

do reply back for more questions
cheers
1st July 2010, 06:12 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
that is up to your interest for the branch selection, but i will suggest you for taking maechanical branch as this is evergreen, ever have job opportunities, thats true that IT stream is growing day by day though you cant predict till how long will it be having scope because in this sector you dont have garantee..
1st July 2010, 07:40 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I guess you are talking about NIT Durgapur not BIT Durgapur since BIT Durgapur doesnt exist

According to me NIT Durgapur is better than NIT Raipur. So go for NIT Durgapur.

About the IT course. Yes definately there is great scope in this field and nowadays there are lots of students opting for it. But there is a downside too. In the recession period IT guys were not getting good jobs and this field is considered saturated

Only those are able to do something who are the best in IT field. So if you think you can face the stiff competition then you should go for it.

After IT Btech you can do your MTech in your favourite specializations in India or Abroad. So lots of scope.

Last edited by Pathfinder; 2nd July 2010 at 01:12 AM.
1st July 2010, 07:56 PM
gaurav goel

Dear,
According to me you should choose Mechanical in BIT durgapur because its a BITS-PILANI branch......
All the best
1st July 2010, 08:39 PM
prince2592

hey u should go for NIT durgapur. i know IT field has scope and if u complete BTech in IT u can go for MTech in IT and there is a great scope for jobs.
but NIT durgapur offers very good campus selection and BTech in mechanical have also many job opportunities and if u get selected in campus interniew u will be posted in very reputed companies of India and aboard
1st July 2010, 08:50 PM
chrisbindaas

well.its the branch you choose matters than the the college you are choosing.
so,according to me you should go for mechanical in bit.the college is better good.after all CGPA system is followed in all the bits and you will get better industrial exposure and practical xperience in bit as compared to nits..all the core industries are related with mechanical.
its a core branch as you know..IT is now considered as a worst field to choose among students coz of its everytime downfall..and you should be among the top also to get recognized yourself in IT industry now.
better,you go for mech.
after your b.e or b.tech..if you are interested in research,you can go for robotics,nanoelectronics or nanotechnology coz these are the emerging areas now.
if you are job oriented.better go for an mba in iims or a gud institute.
1st July 2010, 08:58 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

At first, you have to decide with which branch you want to build your career, in which field you have more interest.
Institutes matter a little.More or less all NITs are same.

Forget about market scope and jobs, these things will definitely turn up with time, depending on your capability.
Because, until and unless you find interest in a subject you won't be able to pursue it perfectly!

Mechanical engg is an evergreen core field, where job opportunities are vast in India and abroad also.

Whereas, IT is a branch which is related with much dynamic business trend. If you want to be a software professional then go for IT.

All the best!
1st July 2010, 10:21 PM
kryp+ony+

I think Mech at BIT Durgapur is better as
- Mech placements are always good
- Even during recession they were placed.
- There is a lot of stability in career.
- Wide scope for placements in both gov and private sector..

IT sector is also good but it offer less job stability.You must have read that many IT personal lost their jobs during rescission..

So make your choice judiciously..
1st July 2010, 11:48 PM
panuboy

dear friend
it would be better for you to choose nit durgapur rather than choosing nit raipur
the main reason behind is this that it provides better faculty as well as education
all the best
2nd July 2010, 01:33 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

AS we all know that now a days software market is not so healthy.

so i will suggest u to go for MECHANICAL. it is a evergreen stream which has a good scope of job in India as well as in a broad.

it will give u money,status and chance to work with global leaders in mechanical.

if u are interested in IT.
than therea re several IT firms like TCS, INFOSYS,WIPRO,CTS and many companies are recruiting students in large no.
for higher studies u can go for m.tech or MBA.

all the best.
2nd July 2010, 01:52 AM
kryp+ony+

Just to clarify the reply of panuboy..
Let me tell you BITS is entirely different from BIT.
BIT durgapur is a private plus government venture.Its semi private.
Whereas BITS is a completely private institute with very good placements and a brand name.
If you are getting BITS then dont think anything else and take BITS..
2nd July 2010, 08:10 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
all nit college are good but you can choose NIT Raipur because it is ranking high with compare to BIT Durgapur. in nit college future is secure and get easily for job
2nd July 2010, 11:11 AM
rniveditha

definetly ..bit mechancal has scope.....
IT means u are narrowing down your scope.to a limted area..but meachanical has wide range ...
latter wen u do ms..then u can select your preferrred field.....
7th July 2010, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

is mtech in nanoelectronics a good choice?
12th July 2010, 04:06 AM
Unregistered

why nitraipur is nt gud college??when it develop??????????????????
13th October 2010, 11:57 PM
mseetharamster

Joining Mechanical engineering is better than IT because you cannot guarantee the IT industry as it is based on outsourcing.

And Mechanical engineers can enter software field but not IT into any other field.
14th October 2010, 03:02 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Choosing the branch should mainly depend on your interests,whether you are interested in Software or Mechanical.Take a decision carefully.As you mentioned that you BIT Durgapur, as far as iam concerned it might be NIT Durgapur.If it is so then of course NIT Durgapur stands ahead of NIT Raipur.Here i have only compared between two of them,so it doesn't mean that NIT Raipur is bad.
IT branch is on the rise once again after the recent slow down and is expected to create more opputunities in the future as well.
14th October 2010, 08:43 PM
aotiwari

In terms of ranking NIT durgapur stands ahead of raipur.
But it doesn't matters if you do from any one of them, the syllabus is same and the staff
are almost the same.

Future of IT can't be predicted what it will be after 4 years, but there are always ups and downs for this field.
15th October 2010, 09:46 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

Job opportunities for Mechanical engineers is very good.

as you know core engg market are always stay in stable situation.

core engg field are not effected in the time of recession period.

core engg holders like Mechanical engg, they can have good chance in govt sectors as well as in private sectors.

they can join in the given below govt sector

1.rail.

2.PWC.

3.NTPC.

4.DVC.

5.ONGC.

6.BHEL.

etc.

so it will be better to do btech in mechanical engg.

all the best..........
16th October 2010, 12:18 AM
mseetharamster

In top colleges there would not be any difference in IT and CSE.
IT has got a good job prospectus and good enough opportunities.

Think yourself to work with machines, robotics, automation or sit in front of computers.

After doing mechanical you can also go for software job but cannot do from IT to Mechanical.

So if you are much interested in Computers you can go for IT.
3rd May 2011, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

I TAKE IT BRANCH IN NIT RAIPUR OR MECHANICAL IN BIT DURG?
20th May 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

can i get nit raipur with 101 marks in aieee 2011...???if yes then which branch..??

state of eligibility is chattisgarh...
24th May 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Sir, My score in aieee 2011 is 78 marks. Can I get admission in bit mesra or any NIT in mechanical branch. Plz tell me as early as possible. thanks.
12th June 2011, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

how is the prospect of IT branch in NITs
13th June 2011, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

ppl ....... Its not BIT durgapur, Its BIT durg .... LOL one guy was saying its a branch of BITS pilani :D ... Even BIT durgapur is not a branch of BITS pilani ... Dont misguide ... Seriously, talk only if you have knowledge about it ... ABout the query ... Go for IT in NIT raipur ... The NIT tag with some potential is enough to sail you through the competition ... Dont even give a second thought ... Trust me .... Even i appeared AIEEE this year and TAking VNIT,NAgpur Civil ...
15th June 2011, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

hey which is better branch metallurgy ,it, mining, chemical, in nit raipur
15th June 2011, 02:59 PM
tanaysingh

which is better chemical it or metallurgy
17th June 2011, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

bits pilani dual or nits?
20th June 2011, 08:16 PM
agrawal1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
PLZ suggest me a way.
You should take IT branch in NIT RAIPUR beside MECHANICAL in BIT durgapur because there are two reasons:
1.The NITS are world known Institutes and there placements are fabolous.
2.The scope of IT branch is wide .
If you have interest in computer then you must take IT branch.
24th June 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

my daughter could not score well in aieee 2011, but her rank in cgpet 2011 (chattisgarh) is good - 2398. can she get admission in NIT raipur
? can u please inform the possibility ? with thanks

krishna mohan
bilaspur (cg)
31st January 2012, 08:31 PM
swati_forum

dear friend,
mechanical is a better trade than IT because with mechanical stream you will have more chances of placement than it. But nit raipur is better than bits because it is a govt. College. Its fees is low. But that doesn,t mean that bits is not good. Bits is the topmost college in private institutions.
So in my opinion you must go for bits.
Best of luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?