26th May 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Which branch should I study after diploma in Mechanical Engineering so that I could get a good job?

Hello Sir
i have completed diploma in mechanical engg. i not have any idea for further study. but i need a white collar job. so please give me further idea for study and what branch i can study or go with.

Related Questions:
2nd July 2011, 02:27 AM
kengkora

Default Re: Which branch should I study after diploma in Mechanical Engineering so that I could get a good job?

Mechanical is a very good Branch. carry on with it... and prepare for NTPC, ISRO, RAILWAY HAL etc
4th July 2011, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which branch should I study after diploma in Mechanical Engineering so that I could get a good job?

AFTER COMPLETING DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL HOW CAN I GO TO AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING?
31st July 2011, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

i have completed in diploma in IT.iwant to take mechanical branch in b,tech .so pls give yur opinion about this .
31st July 2011, 02:08 AM
rana2011
Banned

Dear friend, in my opinion Mechanical is a very good Branch. carry on with it... and prepare for NTPC, ISRO, RAILWAY HAL ....

Best of luck!
31st July 2011, 12:19 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir
i have completed diploma in mechanical engg. i not have any idea for further study. but i need a white collar job. so please give me further idea for study and what branch i can study or go with.
dear friend,
mechanical is the best branch of engineering after aeronautical engineering. there are a lot of job options available for mechanical engineers in both private as well as in public sector. you will not face any difficulty in finding job after doing b.tech in mechanical branch.
for taking admission, you will have to give an entrance exam of lateral entry of your state. you will get admission directly into the second year of b.tech through lateral entry.
in nit and iit colleges, there is no lateral entry. if you want to take admission in these colleges, then you will have to take admission in first year only by giving iit jee or aieee exam.
2nd August 2011, 11:42 PM
jyoti.sahoo

after diploma in Mechanical engg. you can opt for Graduation in or B tech in Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering.

No doubt you can surely get a good job as it is a core branch.

there are so many openings in a national level both in Private and Public sectors for the Core Branch Graduates.
21st September 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir,how much salary i can earn with only diploma in mechanical engineering
21st September 2011, 11:50 PM
Ashishkrgautam

You should take admission in mechanical engineering.
22nd September 2011, 12:57 AM
saugata2008

If you want to get a "White collar job" ,Mechanical is the best stream from which you can have various ways to get your perfect destination .From here you can join Merchant Navy ,ISRO.Other wise you you can go for Aeronautical Engineering .

To join ISRO ,you have to go for B.tech in Mechanical first .Because only bachelor candidates with at least 65% marks are eligible for ISRO exam .
If you are interested to work for NASA ,then go for Aeronautical Engineering .

But for those you have to score a good rank in Lateral Entrance exam to get those branches in B.tech .

If your age is within 19 years and your 12th percentage is above 60% you can apply for Merchant Navy .

Thank you
22nd September 2011, 03:11 AM
anshuljain143

Smile Re: Which branch should I study after diploma in Mechanical Engineering so that I could get a good job?

Quote:
Hello Sir

Dear,

Mechanical is a very good Branch. carry on with this branch, and preparation for govt. section exams.

mechanical is evergreen branch.

good luck
22nd September 2011, 06:53 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Which branch should I study after diploma in Mechanical Engineering so that I could get a good job?

Quote:
Hello Sir

What to do After Diploma

I would strongly recommend you to join engineering..

You just have to give a lateral entry exam of the college in which you wish to take admission..

If you clear the exam then you shall get direct admission into the 2nd year of B.Tech of that college..

Many private institutions across India conduct lateral entry exams for admission to 2nd year..

Apart from the IITs and the NITs..you can apply for almost all the colleges in India for the Lateral Entry exam..

Engineering gives you more practical knowledge and if you manage to get into a good college then from the on-campus placement itself you can get a very good salary job..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
25th September 2011, 02:04 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
You mentioned that you have completed your Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
Being a Diploma in this field will help you already to get jobs in various company.
But if you want to put yourself in a better place then going for B.Tech in your own stream will be the most convenient option for you.
So, try to specialize yourself in Mechanical Engineering.
All the very best for your future.
Thank you.
24th November 2011, 08:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a final year diploma mechanical student.I am studying in tamilnadu under DOTE.I joined as lateral entery for diploma.can i join BTech in kerala.
22nd December 2011, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

will automobile is a good branch after diploma in mechanical?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?