29th January 2015, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

Respected Sir/Teacher,
I am studying in Diploma Mechanical Engineering at A.Y.Dadabhai technical institute,Kosamba.I am in 1st year but I really wish for I will study in IIT.My wish is I will know engineering subjects in deep.So please reply how can I get admission in IIT after complete diploma mechanical engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  2. In which entrance exam I have to appear to study B.Tech(ME) in IIT being a Diploma student? Procedure to apply?
  3. How to join IIT after passing diploma engineering in mechanical? Procedure for the same?
  4. What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?
  5. What is the procedure of IIT for mechanical diploma student?
  6. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  8. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  9. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma
  10. How to study diploma in mechanical engineering? I am a mechanical course student from NCVT
  11. Can I take admission in NIT if I am a student of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. Procedure to take admission in AMIE after Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  13. Eligiblity criteria and procedure of admission in Diploma in Production Engineering for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  14. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a 10th student? List of colleges in Mumbai?
  15. Procedure to get admission in B.Tech at AMIE for diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  16. Procedure to get admission for Marine Engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical? Percentage required?
  18. Is it a right decision to go for PG diploma in Mechanical after completing diploma mechanical?
30th January 2015, 06:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

Sorry, to say that you cannot get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course because, IIT's does not offer lateral entry admissions in B.Tech course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and those who have qualified JEE examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you are a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to admission in IIT for pursuing your B.Tech course.
14th September 2015, 05:24 PM
Jitu.vide
Member+

Default Re: Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

To get admission in IIT you must have pass JEE main exam. But diploma students are not eligible for JEE. So, you will never get admission in IIT after completion of diploma engineering.

The student who passed 12th with PCM are eligible for JEE(Joint Entrance Examination).

You will get admission in B.Tech after diploma by lateral entry.
22nd September 2015, 09:34 PM
DSP@1

No,you cannot get admission in IIT to do your graduation course after completing your Diploma in any stream.

To be eligible for IIT one must have completed his/her 12th standard with Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry as main subjects from recognized board.

As you are from Diploma will not have those mentioned subjects in your course.

So you will be not eligible to get admission in IIT/NIT.

If you want to get admission in IIT for doing graduation course then after completing your diploma join 12th standard in MPC stream and complete it.After completing it appear for JEE Mains and JEE Advanced,you have to qualify in those exams then only you will get admission in IIT.

But the above step is waste of 2 years as you have to do 12th standard after completing your Diploma.So better you complete your graduation course in any university/college and then go for IIT for doing PG course.
23rd September 2015, 04:47 PM
kanwar555

Smile Re: Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?

Hi Bro,

I am really sorry to say that IITs and NITs do not offer Engineering admissions to Diploma holders.You are only eligible to IIT if you have completed your 12 with PCM subjects along with a good rank in IIT Entrance Exam.

There are only few reputed Engineering Colleges in India which offers Lateral entry admission to Diploma holders,so you need to apply for some other Colleges if you want to study in a good College after Diploma.

Best of Luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?