31st January 2013, 11:42 PM
Unregistered

Can a average student prepare for CAT in 8 months?

i wanted to know if an average student can prepare for cat in 8 months and score well..????

1st February 2013, 03:51 PM
daizam

Default Re: Can a average student prepare for CAT in 8 months?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i wanted to know if an average student can prepare for cat in 8 months and score well..????
hello,
yes.....if an average student prepare for cat in eight months,he can score well....eight months are sufficient for cat prepration but one should do really hard work....you should devote maximum time on aptitude and maths and especailly on vocabulary portion....its not about an average or intelligent student...its only about who can do well prepration and quality work....
good luck
2nd February 2013, 12:32 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can a average student prepare for CAT in 8 months?

Quote:
Hi

CAT is the Common Admission Test This is one of the best Entrances to crack if you want to shape your future in the managerial stream. Yes its conducted by the IIM's Indian Institute's of Management every year for the selection of candidates who wish to study MBA in them.

I must tell you that CAT is not easy as it is the key to the entry to the top Business Schools in India and amongst the world. The Basic Criteria of Eligibility says you should be a minimum graduate from a recognized college or university with good marks.

Now coming to your query on how you can prepare for the CAT in just 8 months, I would say what you require is a systematic study of ALL THE TOPICS! This is not going to be difficult as 8 months is enough time for the preparation for this exam and other Management Entrances like MAT, GMAT, CMAT, NMAT, SNAP, IIFT, IBSAT, XAT, IBSAT, etc and others.

Talking of average or brilliant students, I would say its all in your mind what you take yourself to be. You would have to follow a regular routine to study what you have planned for. There is no question of average or brilliancy. I would recommend that you join a coaching for better guidance for the same. Remember you have to take out 3-4 hours of study specially for CAT apart from your regular work. Only then you can get a good percentile.

If you wish to know the syllabus of CAT, Click Here for a detailed one. Please go through it very carefully and decide what are your strengths and what are your areas of weaknesses. You have to work on both these but more on your strengths. Also take note that some topics are asked more every year so give special focus to them.

Rest everybody have their own techniques and plans to handle such exams and manage time. I am sure once you catch the train you would surely complete the journey.
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
20th May 2013, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

is two years of systematic preparation enough for CAT ?
18th July 2013, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

sir i m doing coaching classes for cat..since i m a non science student so im getting a problem in Quant & Lr..please tell me what i can do to overcome these....
18th July 2013, 10:51 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
is two years of systematic preparation enough for CAT ?
Two years is a very long time to prepare for the CAT exams
You can prepare for CAT exams in one year only
But than in that case you ahve to study daily for atleast 5-6 hours

Understand each topics first
Than try to solve questions

Questions will be asked from the Below Sections in CAT Exams:
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation;
Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning

Eligibilty to apply for the CAT exams is:
Graduation pass in any stream with minimum 50% marks for General and OBC candidates and minimum 45% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
Final year Graduation students can also apply
24th February 2014, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

They will take my B.E percentage in to account.
22nd July 2015, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have given cat last year but my percentile is extremly low ie 10 percentile by acadmics is realy poor i m not gpod in both the section what sud my stratagy to score 99 percentile if i target cat 2016 plz sugest me in details
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?