7th June 2013, 08:17 AM
UDAY0473

How should I prepare for CAT or GATE? I am a mining engineering 3rd year student

I am Minning engg 3rd year student, should I prepare for CAT or GATE plz sugest me ,I am in confused mode?

18th March 2015, 05:08 PM
sachin200792

Default Re: How should I prepare for CAT or GATE? I am a mining engineering 3rd year student

Mining engineering is a very confined type of branch which has scope in a particular area if you are going to make a career in your core engineering trade, but you certainly have an opportunity to switch trades and make your career in a different area. If you are looking for that then MBA is one of the best opportunities out there.

So, if you take my advice, its better to go for MBA rather than GATE where you might end up doing an M.Tech. course or getting a job in PSU.
18th March 2015, 08:38 PM
violent viper

Default Re: How should I prepare for CAT or GATE? I am a mining engineering 3rd year student

Hello friend,

You must know the difference between GATE and CAT examination.

CAT is common Admission test and it is conducted across India by IIT K, to admit students for MBA programme in top colleges. It is an online examination conducted once in a year

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and it is conducted across India by IIM, to admit students for M.E/M.Tech programme in top colleges. It is also an online examination.conducted once in a year. With good GATE score, you can apply for PSU jobs as well.

If you are interested do Management programme, taking CAT is the best solution. If you want to do M.E/ M.Tech , you can start preparing yourself for GATE.

Both are very tough to crack. It is good if you start your preparation by tomorrow.

Thank you.

18th March 2015, 10:35 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

See, the approach at this time is very crucial.
Gate is an exam highly specific related to your technical field and you should opt this option only if you want to do M.tech in your future or wants to join any PSU's. PSU's like Coal India which are related to your trade recruit through GATE, so you can prepare for that.

On the other hand, if you like to pursue MBA and wants to be in management field then you should start thinking of CAT.

Either of the two options depend on your will to choose your career. But the preparation for GATE or CAT, you should start from 3rd year year itself so that you don't have to engage one year after your graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?