11th November 2017, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.Com graduate apply for LLM course? What is the criteria followed?

Hi, I am a student giving the final year in B.Com pass and am also giving CS Executive. So can I pursue LLM? Is there any rule only honours candidate can pursue LLM not a passing student? Can you please give me the details on the same? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Can I become a Lecturer after completing LLM course? Age limit to apply for LLM course?
  2. Is LLM a Distance course? List of colleges, procedure to apply and duration of LLM?
  3. Admission criteria and documents required to enroll for Distance LLM course in Nagaland University for LLB graduate of Delhi?
  4. Eligibility criteria, course & fee structure and last date of form submission for LLM course in GGSIPU? For whom favour I have to made Demand Draft?
  5. Possibility to study LLM through Distance Learning for a candidate who has completed MCA 4 years ago?
  6. Am I eligible to study LLB if completed 12th Arts with 91% marks being a 18 years old female candidate? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I apply for Indian Army based on the LLM marks?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for T.Y.Bcom after completion of 12th standard?
  9. Should I study correspondence LLM after completing Regular LLB course? Detailed eligibility to apply?
  10. What is the eligibility and criteria to get admission in LLM?
  11. For which post can I apply after completing B.Com, LLM
  12. Eligibility to apply in CLAT LLM for B.Tech(ECE) student? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. List of universities which offer Distance LLM course in India?
  14. Admission details of LLM(Dispute Resolution) in University of Missouri School of Law? -- [New]
  15. Is LLM and masters in law given the same preference?
  16. How to do LLM course after completing B.Com?
  17. Difference of 1 year or 2 year LLM course conducted in ILI, Delhi? Whether 1 year LLM candidate can apply for UGC-NET?
  18. List of colleges which offer 1 year correspondence LLM program through CLAT? Syllabus and fee structure of 1 year LLM program?
14th November 2017, 12:41 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a B.Com graduate apply for LLM course? What is the criteria followed?

LLM is a masters degree in Law.

You cannot pursue Masters until you have completed the Bachelors degree in the same faculty.

So, to pursue LLM, you need to be a graduate in the Law i.e. you have to complete LLB first.
14th November 2017, 12:50 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a B.Com graduate apply for LLM course? What is the criteria followed?

No, you are not eligible to appear in entrance examination for admission in LLM course.

LLM is Master degree in Legislative Law and required qualification to appear in entrance examination to get admission is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in law.

So, you must have to pursue LLB course to get admission in LLM course.
14th November 2017, 04:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

LLM is Master in Legislative Law and is a master degree course. The course is of two year duration. The required qualification to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in law.

So, you are not eligible to appear in only after bachelor in commerce discipline.

You will be eligible to get admission only after pursuing LLB course.
14th November 2017, 07:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

LLM refers to Master of Legislative Law and as the same suggests same is master degree course of two years in law.

The minimum educational qualification required for pursuing LLM degree course is a LLB degree course ( even in integrated form such as BA LLB ) with at least 50% marks from a recognized university.

So being a final year student of B.Com degree student you are not eligible for LLM degree course rather you can look for the option of LLB degree course of three years after which you will be eligible to pursue LLM degree course.
14th November 2017, 10:42 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

For admission in master in law it is mandatory that candidate must have passed bachelor degree in law.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in course after the B.Com or CS Executive post.

To get detail about admission procedure visit at official website of respective institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?