22nd May 2012, 10:01 PM
aneeshavarshney

Can electronics and instrumentation students apply for IAS/IES/PSU?

can electronics and instrumentation students aplly for ias/ies/psu?//...please tell me if they can

Related Questions:
  1. Any separate paper for applied electronics and instrumentation engineering students in GATE?
  2. Can electronics and instrumentation students apply for IAS/IES/PSU?
  3. Subjects which are needed to be prepared by electronics and instrumentation students for job placement interviews and aptitude exams?
  4. Placement in core companies for Electronics and Instrumentation students?
  5. How to do masters in Germany for electronics and instrumentation students -- [New]
  6. Procedure to apply for summer internship? List of the companies available for electronics and instrumentation students after 4th semester
  7. Biju Patnaik University of technology-B-Tech in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation-Sixth Semester, Fiber Optics Instrumentation Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  8. What minimum percentage is required in graduation,12th and 10th for NTPC exam
  9. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  10. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Information about off campus drives for B.Tech Electronics and Instrumentation students?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for JTO? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  13. Information about companies offering summer training for 1 month for electronics and instrumentation engineering students in Delhi?
  14. In which company should I apply for internship after passing engineering from electronics and instrumentation
  15. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidate apply for jobs of Instrumentation Control Engineering?
  16. JNTU B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering 1st Sem Industrial Instrumentation Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. How can I get a job after passing diploma in electronics and instrumentation?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for IFS Exam after completion of Engineering with Electronics and Instrumentation stream?
24th May 2012, 05:15 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can electronics and instrumentation students apply for IAS/IES/PSU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshavarshney View Post
can electronics and instrumentation students aplly for ias/ies/psu?//...please tell me if they can
In order to be considered eligible for Indian Administrative Services Exam, usually known as Civil Service Examination, you need to be a graduate. So, if you have completed bachelors degree program in any discipline including Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, you will be able to write the examination for Indian Administrative Services.

For Indian Engineering Services Examination, candidates need to hold a bachelors degree in Engineering. So, as you hold a bachelors degree in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, you can definitely write the examination, however, the examination is conducted only in the four disciplines of engineering and no matter which discipline you belong to, you have to write the examination in any one of the following:

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

For Civil Service Examination as well as for Engineering Service Examination, there is no percentage criteria but as far as the entrance examination conducted by Public Sector undertakings (PSU's) are concerned, you must have scored nothing less than 50%-55% marks, which in many of the organizations is even upto 60%, in your bachelors degree examination. As per your qualification, you can definitely apply for PSU's too provided you have scored the minimum percentage of marks required to join the specific PSU.
4th December 2012, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

can electronics & instrumentation students prepare psu's with ias both togethar?
25th February 2016, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Can electronics and instrumentaion engineering students give the ies exam??
29th November 2018, 08:43 PM
Sadia77

Of course you can, but however you need to shed extra hours to prepare for IAS. Because IAS entrance exams questions spreads across various topics. You need to score good rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?