21st August 2012, 11:35 AM
vipinpillai21

Am I eligible to apply for IFS Exam after completion of Engineering with Electronics and Instrumentation stream?

I had completed my graduation in Engineering in ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTATION Branch in the year 2011,may I eligible for INDIAN FOREST SERVICE Exams???????

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study M.Tech in Avionics after completing B.Tech in Electronics Engineering?
  2. Can i apply for IES exam, I am doing electronics and instrumentation engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible to apply for IFS entrance exam? I am an electronics and communication engineering graduate
  4. Can a instrumentation stream student apply for Electronics and Communication engineering in PSU exam? Can I do M.Tech IN ECE?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for JTO? I am doing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  6. Am I eligible to appear in IES exam if pursuing B.E. in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering?
  7. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  8. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  9. Eligibility to apply for Internship in BHEL for B.Tech(Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering) graduate?
  10. Can a B.tech graduate in Applied Electronics & instrumentation take PG in IT or CS stream?
  11. Am I eligible for RRB entrance exam after doing B.E 3rd year in electronics and instrumentation engineering
  12. How much salary I can get after completion of BE in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  13. Eligibility for NTPC Executive Trainee for B.Tech students?
  14. Am I eligible to do M.Tech in aeronautical instrumentation after completion of B.Tech degree? -- [New]
  15. How to join ISRO after completion of electronics and instrumentation engineering
  16. Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  17. Any separate paper for applied electronics and instrumentation engineering students in GATE?
  18. Can Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering candidates apply for IES Exam?
23rd August 2012, 02:58 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IFS Exam after completion of Engineering with Electronics and Instrumentation stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipinpillai21 View Post
I had completed my graduation in Engineering in ELECTRONICS & INSTRUMENTATION Branch in the year 2011,may I eligible for INDIAN FOREST SERVICE Exams???????
To be eligible for the Indian Forest Service Examination, candidate must possess any of the following qualification:

Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Bachelors Degree in Forestry
Bachelors Degree in Agriculture

Bachelors Degree in any discipline with any of the following as major subject at the same level:

Forestry-Agriculture-Botany-Chemistry-Geology-Mathematics-Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.

Age Limit:

The age limit to be considered eligible for the examination is 21-30 years, where the maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for candidates from OBC category and 5 years from SC/ST category.

Since Indian Forest Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission, you may refer to its official website for any further information.
3rd September 2012, 05:03 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to apply for IFS Exam after completion of Engineering with Electronics and Instrumentation stream?

Quote:
After the completion of your engineering you are eligible to apply for the Indian Forest service examination. A graduate candidate can apply for the Indian forest service examination. The IFS examination is conducted every year by the UPSC.

To be eligible for the Indian forest service examination a candidate should have graduate degree from recognized university. Those candidate who are in final year are also eligible to apply for the Indian forest service examination.

Candidate applying for the Indian forest service examination should have age between 21 to 30 years. Relaxation in age is given to the reserved category candidates as per the govt. norms.

The Indian forest service examination is conducted in 2 stages;

1. WRITTEN EXAMINATION

2. INTERVIEW

Finally on the basis of merit list made at all India level, candidates will be called for the training.
For more information on Indian forest service examination you can also visit at the below web site: www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2012, 08:46 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IFS Exam after completion of Engineering with Electronics and Instrumentation stream?

dear,

IFS: INDIAN FOREST SERVICES EXAM

YES, aspirants of engineering degree can also apply for IFS
but you belong to india
age limit:

21 to 30 years:

age relaxation:

for obc: 3 years
for sc/st:5 years
for hp:10 years

you can apply online only

exam procedure:
written test--it consist general studies,aptitude,reasoning,communication skills

interview

for more details visit:

www.upsc.gov.in
14th September 2012, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

i am fron electronics engineering, what optional subjects should i choose for ifs?
3rd August 2013, 01:11 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Any engineering student can apply for IFS Exam. Therefore you are also eligible to sit for the IFS Examination.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service. This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The notification for this exam was released offline this year and the exam took place on 26th May.

Here is the eligibility criteria which needs to be satisfied before giving this exam:-

You must having a Bachelor’s degree of any recognised university with at least one of the subjects listed below : Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry/Engineering.

Your age should not be lower than 21 years when you are intending to apply for this exam. This is the lower age limit. For general category candidates the upper age limit is 30 years.

There is upper age limit relaxation for the following candidates:-
  1. SC/ST Candidates:- 5 years
  2. OBC Candidates:- 3 years
  3. PWD Candidates:- 10 years
The number of attempts keeps changing from one category to the other:-
  • General Category – 4 attempts
  • OBC – 7 attempts
  • SC/ST – No limit
IFS Exam Books:-
  • IFS Agriculture (Paper I & II ) By RPH Editorial
  • English Literature For Competitive Exam By Emerald Publishers.
  • Indian Forest Service Physics Guide By R.Gupta's.
  • Indian Forest Service Chemistry Guide By Ramesh Publishing House.
  • IFS Indian Forest Service Agriculture by R.Gupta
Hope this helps :-> :->
10th August 2013, 04:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The acronym IFS stands for the Indian Forest services .For this service UPSC conducts a separate exam other than Civil services examinations.

Eligibility criteria for the IFS is as below:

1.Academic requirement

>>You must have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university with at least one of the subjects given below:

>>Animal husbandry ,veterinary science,mathematics,zoology ,physics,statistics,botany ,bachelor's degree in agriculture or forestry or in engineering.

So during your final year of bachelor's degree in electronics and instrumentation ,you can apply for the IFS exam at www.upsconline.nic.in

2.Age limit:

The general age limit is 21-30 years on 1st July of year of examination and candidates belonging to certain categories like obc and sc/st are applicable for the age relaxation.

3.Nationality:

>>You must be an Indian citizen.

For any more details about the Indian Forest services please click here

Hope the information helps you.If you have any other regarding this do not forget to leave a message here .We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Wishing you best of luck for your career.

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?