13th February 2017, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Can a girl candidate of 17 years apply for CDS and OTA exam after 12th with Commerce?

Hello sir, I am studying in 12th with Commerce stream and I am a girl candidate of 17 years. Am I eligible to apply for CDS and OTA exam?

14th February 2017, 05:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a girl candidate of 17 years apply for CDS and OTA exam after 12th with Commerce?

No, you are not eligible to appear for CDS examination now. CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and examination is conducted twice every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence ( OTA ) services. The required qualification to appear for examination is bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum age limit 19-25 years.

So, you can appear for examination after bachelor degree. The examination is conducted twice every year. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th February 2017, 06:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a girl candidate of 17 years apply for CDS and OTA exam after 12th with Commerce?

First thing I would like to let you know that CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and OTA ( Officers Training Academy ) is one of the four wings of CDS to join which you will have to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in CDS examination for joining OTA are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 25 years.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness norms as per the service requirement.

So being a 17 years old Class 12th passed girl candidate you are not eligible for CDS examination at present but once you satisfy the above mentioned criteria you can join the same.

For more details about CDS entrance examination and eligibility criteria for other wings of CDS you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th February 2017, 11:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am studying in 12th with Commerce stream and I am a girl candidate of 17 years. Am I eligible to apply for CDS and OTA exam?
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for CDS OTA exam.

Officer's Training Academy:- You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Your age should be between 19 to 25 years.
10th May 2017, 07:58 AM
Unregistered

Can a girl candidate of 18 yrs apply for CDS and OTA after completing 12 commerce (without maths)?
6th September 2017, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Myself priyanka thapa daughter of Late Deepak thapa .He was an ex-army and I am studying in 11standard with biology .I want to join army .
Kindly, Tell me .What will I do after 12th?????
18th September 2019, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying in 11th (with biology mathematics physics and chemistry) after completing my 12 which course I want to take for joining army (girl).
14th February 2020, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

I am 18 years old can i apply for cds exam and at present graduation's final year start
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?