4th March 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for CSIR NET exam after completing MSc Physics with 61.5% from recognized university?

I have completed my M.sc in physics from a UGC recognized university with 61.5%. Can I appear the CSIR NET examination?

5th March 2011, 05:52 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CSIR NET exam after completing MSc Physics with 61.5% from recognized university?

To appear for this exam it is a must that the candidate should have completed his postgraduation from a recognised university. Since you do fulfill condition you can apply for the same. It is a must to have cleared this exam to enter into the teaching field. You need to select the subject based on the what you studied during postgraduation. You have the option to appear for the June or the December exam.
5th March 2011, 10:01 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CSIR NET exam after completing MSc Physics with 61.5% from recognized university?

Yes you can appear for CSIR NET EXAM........as you have masters degree in Science.

CSIR-UGC NET Exam for Science stream is conducted by CSIR in the following areas -
Chemical Sciences
Earth Sciences
Life Sciences
Mathematical Sciences
Physical Sciences

Eligibility for CSIR NET EXAM:
You Must have a M.Sc. or equivalent degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks And the final year Students of M.Sc. are also eligible to appear in CSIR NET exams.
So, As per your eligiblity, You are Eligible to appear in CSIR NET exams Because you have completed your M.sc Degree.

Age Eligiblity Creteria -
For Junior Research fellowship – You must be between 19 –28 years of age.
For Lectureship – There is no upper age limit. You should be at least 19 years of age.

For details visit the website:

http://csirhrdg.res.in/mcs_netexam_notice.htm

regards
Kapila

5th March 2011, 10:09 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

yes you can give CSIR NET EXAM

CSIR UGC NET JUNE 2011 IMPORTANT DATES

Date of examination: 19.06.2011
Date of start of sale of application form through banks and on line submission:1st March 2011
Date of close of sale of application form through banks and online submission: 30.03.2011

C.Schedule for On-Line Application
(i) Start of On-Line Submission of Application Form and Fee deposit through Bank Challan 01.03.2011
(ii) Date of close of On-Line deposit of fee (at All stations) 30.03.2011
(iii)Date of close of On-Line submission of Applications (at All stations) 31.03.2011
5th March 2011, 10:36 AM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Hello friend,
yes, off course you are eligible for this exam.
All important dates are anounced for june 2011 exam.
please go on the official site for detailed information.
5th March 2011, 11:39 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

YES, you can appear for CSIR NET exam after completing M.Sc. Physics with 61.5 % marks from a recognized institute / university.

Eligibility for CSIR NET exam: -

1. Pass M.Sc. OR equivalent Degree Examination in any subjects from a recognized institute / university.

2. Age Limit For JRF (NET) = Minimum 19 Years and maximum 28 years.

3. Age Limit For LS (NET) = Minimum 19 years

4. Nationality = India

Good Luck
5th March 2011, 05:33 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for CSIR NET is a masters degree with a minimum of 55% for candidates belonging to general category and 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
Since you have done M.Sc. Physics and have scored 61.5%, you are eligible for the exam.
For further information, you may refer to the official website of UGC.
18th March 2011, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

i have msc biotech degree and a msc zoology (appearing). I am applying for CSIR NET lectureship. Can I choose either or should i be very specific now or i change my major later?
22nd March 2011, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

I am agriculture post graduate, am i eligible to appear in CSIR or UGC NET exam, if so then in which subjects i can apply
3rd May 2011, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

i am m.sc agri economics can i appear for ugc net exam with economics subject also my friend do management pgdbm by distance learning can he appar with management subject K.Krashnkumar.P MAharashtra
5th July 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my ug in physics,but now i am doing pg in (electronics and communication systems).is it possible of attending net and slet exams?
8th July 2011, 12:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am agriculture post graduate, am i eligible to appear in CSIR or UGC NET exam, if so then in which subjects i can apply
dear friend,

dear friend,

Eligibility criteria for CSIR NET:

Educational Qualification: MSc. or equivalent degree with 55% marks aggregate from a recognized University

Age Eligibility:
For Juniour resaerch fellowship: 19 to 28 years
For lecturership: There is no upper age limit.Minimum age is 19 years.

yes , you are eligible for NET exam because you have to completed your masters degree.

all the best.
8th July 2011, 12:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i have completed my ug in physics,but now i am doing pg in (electronics and communication systems).is it possible of attending net and slet exams?
dear friend,

after completion of your masters degree you are eligible for NET exam.

now you are in masters degree final year so you arenot eligible for NET exam.

but in masters degree you have to score above 55% then you are eligible for net exam.

thanks.
8th July 2011, 12:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i have msc biotech degree and a msc zoology (appearing). I am applying for CSIR NET lectureship. Can I choose either or should i be very specific now or i change my major later?
dear friend,

you are eligible for NET exam because you have to completed your masters degree.

but mind it , the masters degree marks should be above 55%.

and your age should be above 22.

thanks
6th August 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am doing m.sc phyics final year2011from vinayika mission universities. is this degree legal yes or not
18th August 2011, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my MSC IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINERING FROM uk WHICH IS ONE YEAR COURSE AND THEN I HAVE ALSO COMPLETED MY bTECH IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING FROM CHENNAI ( 4 YEARS) , I GOT 180 CREDITS AND HAVE CLEARED ALL MY SUBJECTS IN mSC .. BUTI AM WAITING FOR MY OVERALL % AND DEGREE FROM THE UNIVERSITY IN uK. AM I ELIGIBLE TO APLY FOR net DEC 2011. PLZ SUJESST
19th October 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

is that P.G MBA degree obtained at distance mode is eligible for appearing CSIR / JRF / NET exams
19th December 2011, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

The beautiful topic on physics in india now and i want to phd on that topic,and be able to go forign to complete post doctorate.If i can lectureship and phd with jointly. Told me some name of institute/teachers from which i complete my phd very quickly.
3rd April 2012, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

i am MSc Physics student with 71% marks and have cleared UGC-CSIR exam in EARTH SCIENCE for lectureship. I also have 5 years research experience in PHYSICAL OCEANOGRAPHY (it is study of physics of ocean and comes under EARTH SCIENCE) in a CSIR research lab. Am i eligible for the post of lectureship in physics in colleges /universities as per UGC norms since i am both MSc physics and UGC- CSIR qualified candidate.
3rd April 2012, 09:08 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for CSIR NET exam after completing M.Sc. Physics with 61.5% from a recognised University.

CSIR NET-COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by CSIR twice every year in the month of June and December for selection of Lectureship and award to JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

The candidate should have completed Post Graduation in Science subject with at least 55% marks from a recognised University above the age of 19 years. There is no upper age bar for those applying for Lectureship and those applying for JRF should not be above 28 years.

As you have completed M.Sc. Physics with 60.5% marks you are eligible to apply for CSIR NET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.csirhrdg.res.in
3rd April 2012, 09:10 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for CSIR NET exam after completing M.Sc. Physics with 61.5% from a recognised University.

CSIR NET-COUNCIL OF SCIENTIFIC AND INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by CSIR twice every year in the month of June and December for selection of Lectureship and award to JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

The candidate should have completed Post Graduation in Science subject with at least 55% marks from a recognised University above the age of 19 years. There is no upper age bar for those applying for Lectureship and those applying for JRF should not be above 28 years.

As you have completed M.Sc. Physics with 60.5% marks you are eligible to apply for CSIR NET.

For more information you may log on to http://www.csirhrdg.res.in
21st August 2013, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

what is equivalent subject of physics in ugc net for lecture
16th June 2014, 12:46 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam, i'm pursuing msc in agricultural biotechnology ,am i eligible for csir net in Life Sciences??plz help.
16th June 2014, 12:48 PM
Unregistered

Sir/mam, i'm pursuing msc in agricultural biotechnology ,am i eligible for csir net in Life Sciences??plz help.
28th June 2014, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

sir i am showkat ahmad from kashmir ,would you like to give me the complete information .can i apply to csir net exam .that i had 63% in physics subject .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?