9th July 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IIT entrance exam after scoring 56.8% in 12th? I belong to OBC category

Dear Sir / Madam,

Please tel me we have 56.8% marks in XII exam & i m belong from OBC categery by PU board Allahabad & in PCM 56%, we can apear in IIT entrance exam 2013 acordind to new creteria/rule,

Eitherwise what we should be do.

Thanks & Regards,
Haneef

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for IIT entrance after scoring 56.8% marks in 12th exam?
  2. Will I get in IIT Madras after scoring 1350 in GATE in Civils? I belong to OBC category
  3. How many forms do I have to fill for B.Tech and for B.Arch?
  4. Can I get NIT Warangal or any NIT or IIT after scoring 130 marks in JEE entrance?
  5. Can I get admission in any NIT or IIT after scoring 440 in ECE stream? I belong to OBC category
  6. Can I get admission after scoring 50 marks in AIEEE? I belong to OBC category
  7. Can I get a seat in NIT Warangal or any NIT or IIT after scoring 130 marks in JEE entrance exam? -- [New]
  8. Can i get any NITs after scoring 46233 AIR? I belong to OBC category
  9. Will I get admission in IP after scoring 28903 rank in IP? I belong to OBC category
  10. Can I get admission in IIT madras with 42.67 marks in GATE for biotechnology? I belong to OBC category
  11. Am I eligible for SBI PO exam after scoring 56% in graduation? I belong to OBC category
  12. In which college can I get after scoring 100 marks in AIEEE exam under OBC category?
  13. Minimum score required to get admission in IIT? I belong to OBC category
  14. Any chance to get into NIT after scoring 94 marks in AIEEE? I belong to OBC category
  15. Will I get any NIT or IIT after scoring 110 marks in AIEEE under OBC category? Which are the best colleges? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I get admission in NIT Srinagar after scoring 115 in AIEEE? I belong to OBC category and I am from Rajasthan
  17. Can I appear in bank clerical interview after scoring 127 marks in IBPS exam? I belong to OBC category
  18. Can I appear for UP TET Exam being a candidate at an age of 43 years and belong to OBC category?
10th August 2012, 01:03 PM
Sammy11
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT entrance exam after scoring 56.8% in 12th? I belong to OBC category

Hi dear..

For Gen and OBC candidates, a minimum of 60% marks are needed to sit for IIT JEE, where as for SC/ST candidates minimum marks are 55% .

As you have scored 56.8% in OBC category, you do not qualify.

I would suggest you to repeat 12th, not just because of a hope that you'll clear JEE but every entrance more or less has same criteria in which you have scored at least 60% in qualifying examination.
So you must re appear for boards.

All the best

Regards
Sammy11
10th August 2012, 08:49 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IIT entrance exam after scoring 56.8% in 12th? I belong to OBC category

Sorry, you can not able to apply for IIT JEE with scoring of 56.8% marks in 12th being a candidate from OBC category.

The candidate must be an Indian Citizen having either appear for the Final 12th exam or pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with 60% marks from a recognised Board is eligible to apply for IIT JEE.

There is only relaxation for SC/ST candidate who has secured 55% marks in 12th can apply for IIT JEE.

For more information you may log on to http://www.iitk.ac.in
20th July 2013, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Dear mam/sir
i am a student of 11th pcm of cbse board. How much marks should i need to get entrance test in iit and i want to become an aeronautical engineer and which are the best books to preparing for iit.
Plz plz tell me about it.

Shahrukh Saifi
22nd July 2013, 10:48 AM
deepthi777...
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir / Madam,

Please tel me we have 56.8% marks in XII exam & i m belong from OBC categery by PU board Allahabad & in PCM 56%, we can apear in IIT entrance exam 2013 acordind to new creteria/rule,

Eitherwise what we should be do.

Thanks & Regards,
Haneef
Sorry to tell you that , you are not eligible for the IIT entrance examination.
To be eligible for IIT entrance exam, General category and OBC students has to score minimum of 60% in PCM.

Better you write improvement exam for PCM and then apply for the test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?