10th August 2010, 02:19 AM

MBA or Mtech, neither interested in business nor in technical

I m a 3rd yr EEE student,im very confused what to do, mba or mtech. I m neither interested in technical nor in bussiness. But i can setup my mind accordingly by practising as im very eager to get a job into highly paid oil companies. Plz suggest me :-)

10th August 2010, 10:05 AM
rohit_k

Default Re: MBA or Mtech, neither interested in business nor in technical

dear friend
you are join technical line so you can be a getting admission in m.tech on the basis of gate entrance.this exam conduct by iit department.
more details www.iit.net.
10th August 2010, 11:43 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see if you don't have interested in business and also in technical field, then it will be create a major problem in future in your career.

so it will be better to chance your moto. you can do given below diffrent types of courses

1.LLB.

2.Fashion designing.

3.hotel management.

4.animation technology.

etc.

all the best........
10th August 2010, 12:46 PM
sanjusays

If you are interested in working for oil companies then you should go for it....ONGC conducts its exams periodically....You can keep yourself abreast with the latest exams of various companies by reading newpaper regularly.....Don't go for mba or mtech if you are not interested as it wont do you any good....
10th August 2010, 01:22 PM
jicks

My suggestion will be you better do some computer course like Autocad which will fetch you Job immediately.

After employed just think about your future. If you feel you are contented with your position and salary, then stay there itself.

or else, continue your MBA or M.Tech by Distance learning, after getting employment.

Because, Motivation or Drive is very important in joining a course.
10th August 2010, 01:26 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

If you were not interested in technical then why did you go for engineering in the first place?
Also you are not interested in business, then what have you planned to earn a living?

You have many many options available in that case, id suggest that you learn dancing or singing and start performing on the streets and hope that some big director sees you and gives you the cut.
You may also consider getting into arts and painting, draw some senseless modern art and sell it for a hefty price.

On a more serious note, that you have done engineering, then the most common and best option available to you is M.Tech or MBA in the present scenario. MBA does not mean mean business, it is just a training course, which gives you a chance to get into top companies. Apart from the these 2 options, you can also go fro MS in the field of your interest. If you want to get into the oil companies, then its either through a technical degree as an engineer or by a management degree as a greater post with higher payscale.
If you aim to get a good payscale initially, then MBA is the best for you, but if you want to rise gradually then go for M.Tech.

Hope better sense prevails.

Good Luck!
10th August 2010, 05:36 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
Its not bad that you love money but think once; does it last on oil companies?
I think, NO!
There is difference between GREED and PASSION.
If going high is your passion then its appreciable. But if it lies in the form of greed, make it your passion. Money is not everything.
Also, oil companies are not the only one to pay high salaries you can get such salaries in Banks as well. And a much higher income if you start something on your own.
The first thing you need is to find your interest and your ultimate goal.
If you want to earn high salaries then do high works.
MBA would be the better choice for rapid improvement in your career but try to make it from a good business school like IIMs, FMS, Symbiosis, SP Jain etc.

Thank You
10th August 2010, 05:47 PM
adityabhushan

you are pursuing B.TECH EEE. and you are not interested in technical .
so it was really a bad option you have choosed.
for getting good job in oil companies, you should do either petrolium engineering or mining.
you can do it not as engineering now but as diploma courses.
then only you can get a good job in these oil companies.
with best wishes
aditya
10th August 2010, 07:09 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Its strange that you are not interested in technical and business and still you want to go for higher studies.

I would advise you to go for a job after your EEE. As you can you can setup your mind. But thats not the case with postgraduate studies. You have to studies from within and you MUST love the subject otherwise that dream of getting paid high will diminish

MBA and MTech both are prestigious course. If you are interested in Management then go for MBA otherwise MTech....So think about it

Best of Luck
10th August 2010, 07:17 PM
hmpatel1128

hello,
I think that After doing Engg. You should Opt for going to M.tech Rather than going for MBA. The only reason to this is that MBA is a General Course and any stream student can go for it. On the other side M.tech is a course which can be done by engg.
I myself is an engg graduate pass out in 2010 but i am neither planning to do MBA neither planning to do Mtech. I am planning to do some Value added courses like PG diploma in Embedded or VLSI. The reason behind this is only that these type of courses give job assistance as well as they are just 6 months course and also the fees is less compared to MBA or M.Tech.
Some Value added courses which i know For EEE are Industrial automation training. If u want to do mini MBA sort of thing then Go fo PGDM which is of 6 months
10th August 2010, 07:47 PM
sujatha jayachandran

Smile Re: MBA or Mtech, neither interested in business nor in technical

Hello,

Make you thorough of your subject knowledge if you can set your mind.

Because most of the exams for jobs in oil companies like ONGC,IOC, questions are from your

subjects and some aptitude tasks.

Just work hard and smart for your third and final year you will be surely placed in your

dream company.

With regards.
10th August 2010, 07:52 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi
If you are really interested in making your carrier in a highly paid oil companies. Then according to me M.Tech is the best choice for you.
Since doing M.tech you get the more technical knowledge which you never got if you do MBA. So if you are really interested in making your carrier in technical field then go for M.Tech .Nothing to be confused here.
Study sincerely you have a bright future. You can easily get the job if you score good in your academics because the branch you have is more demand able in market today.

GOOD LUCK
11th August 2010, 02:16 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Talking Re: MBA or Mtech, neither interested in business nor in technical

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I m a 3rd yr EEE student,im very confused what to do, mba or mtech. I m neither interested in technical nor in bussiness. But i can setup my mind accordingly by practising as im very eager to get a job into highly paid oil companies. Plz suggest me :-)
you are a btech student. so you must go for mtech. for that you will have to give gate exam and score very good marks.
best of luck
11th August 2010, 03:03 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear friend

why are u mentioning MBA or M.TECH as u are not interested in both the fields.

i will suggest u to go in the following lines

1.hotel management

2.fashion technology

3.general science

4.company secretary

5.UPSC

6.defence

AND many more.

all d best.
12th August 2010, 10:43 AM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

they are vivid corses,starting from some it software to hardware.
they get the more qualified people ,ljke be engg,which you are.
hence,do those.
13th August 2010, 02:56 AM
Sathishkannan

It is better to do MBA since you have not interested in technical and also in business but it is not only help business but also this degree will make you shoe in the marketing field so that you can earn a lot.
14th August 2010, 10:07 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
I think ,It is better to do Mtech, since you have not interested in business and also in technical.
But it is not only help, but also this degree will make you shoe in the engineering field so that you can earn a lot of money and satisfaction jobn and very joyful job..
27th August 2010, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

I am a btech electronics 3rd year student. I am in confusing situation of taking mba or mtech. I am interested in mtech but most people says that mtech is a teaching field. I am not interested in it. similarly i have no such communication skill to perform in mba. please tell me the best way.
28th August 2010, 12:09 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you are saying that you have no interest in technical field then why you are doing your graduation in Btech, why not in general like BSc...

we always say to go for that in which you want to go, only doing these you will get success.. otherwise not..

because if you have no interest in your field then how could you excel yourself in that field..

listen , money is not a big deal, the matter is job satisfaction..

As you are saying that you can set up your mind according to your practice then it will be better for you to for Mtech after Btech..

after that you can get a good job..

all the best.
28th August 2010, 12:29 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you are saying that you have no interest in technical field then why you are doing your graduation in Btech, why not in general like BSc...

we always say to go for that in which you want to go, only doing these you will get success.. otherwise not..

because if you have no interest in your field then how could you excel yourself in that field..

listen , money is not a big deal, the matter is job satisfaction..

As you are saying that you can set up your mind according to your practice then it will be better for you to for Mtech after Btech..

after that you can get a good job..

all the best.
28th August 2010, 12:47 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friends,

if you do not want to go for the m.tech then there is no needs to worry.

you can go for the MBA, and as you have mention that your communication is

not very good,so here i will suggest you to improve your communication first

with full determination. your communication becomes very good,and then go for the MBA.
31st August 2010, 02:12 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
you are not interested neither in MBA nor in M.Tech , in such case you can try for for job after b.tech .with out interest anything is not possible.
off course M.Tech & MBA is very interesting.but, you have not interest.
i think you are not interested in higher study through MBA/M.TECH,so BSc was better option for you.
best of luck.
16th December 2010, 07:29 AM
Unregistered

hi friends,
i have completed m,tech in power electronics and presently i am working as Assistant professor.i am actually interested in industrial automation and looking forward for a career in this field.i am not satisfied with teaching as there is no growth.
can i go for any training in automation and try for the job.i completed m.tech in 2008 ,shall i try for the job-companies treat m.tech as highly qualification.how can i get the job??
28th April 2011, 09:05 PM
Unregistered

which course (Mtech / MBA) will give a better preference in front of the companies (common)? i'm final year BE, EEE student.. 'm interested in both technical as well as buisness field.
29th April 2011, 04:33 AM
MR-M.A KHAN

Arnab, studies have never been a barrier in becoming what we want to. Infact, they really help us to know our capabilities & interests and above all, they provide us knowledge.
So my point is that if you dont want to study MBA, m.tech or any other managerial or technical course then look out for the things in which you are deeply interested and they can even pay you with a good sum of money. Art, music, writing or any other source where you can enjoy presenting your unique ability or creative part.
Let's take an example, if you like music deeply. Then try learning any musical instrument like guitar, piano or any other form of it from a reputative institute of learning music and then the way is simple if you have the interest & the will to live with your dreams. rock the floor.
& dont confine yourself only to music because i said.
Just choose the best creative part in you so that you can represent yourself in the best possible way.
Moreover, you can contact me after deciding about this or in case, if you have any query regarding my comment.
Take care and goodluck.
29th April 2011, 04:06 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Question Re: MBA or Mtech, neither interested in business nor in technical

If you won't have interest in business and not in technical so why you are loking MBA and M.Tech
you can do following courses....
BCA
MCA
BA
BSc
BEd
12th October 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

iam a cse student .now iam doing my final year but iam not interested with my software field i want to change my field at the same time iam not intrested in technical and nor in business...so what can i do..but i want a good...
15th October 2011, 08:35 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

dear friend
you are join technical line so you can be a getting admission in m.tech on the basis of gate entrance.this exam conduct by iit department.
15th October 2011, 08:36 PM
indrajitmishra123
Senior Member+

Location: c/o- Laxmidhar mishra, at- jayapurkilla, p.o.- pipli,dist- puri, pin-752104, orissa

dear friend
13th July 2012, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

I have just completed my 3rd yr in b.tech(CSE)..and m confused whether i shud go for m.tech or mba?...my parents want me to go for lectureship..so for that asking me to take coaching for GATE and then pursue m.tech...is it right??..m not very fond of technical stuff..rather interestd in MBA...will mba also lead me into becoming a good lecturer? and wat about the salary in both degree?..please suggest..:-(
24th July 2012, 09:54 PM
pardeep dhaliwal

dear .....

if you are confused in both MBA or M.tech and not interested in business and technical field..this is not good for you dear because this time is your future planing time..and you should be decide your main moto ...

if you are not going on these both fields then you should join another courses like...
1.Fashion designing
2.hotel management
3.Army
4.join Air force.Navy

this is also have some choice for you....
24th July 2012, 09:55 PM
pardeep dhaliwal

dear .....

if you are confused in both MBA or M.tech and not interested in business and technical field..this is not good for you dear because this time is your future planing time..and you should be decide your main moto ...

if you are not going on these both fields then you should join another courses like...
1.Fashion designing
2.hotel management
3.Army
4.join Air force.Navy

this is also have some choice for you....
22nd July 2013, 10:35 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Since you are interested in Oil and gas sector you can go into oil gas sector in following ways.

- After graduation ( after B. Tech/M.Tech )
Electrical, Mechanical and chemical engineer

- After MBA
For marketing and strategy

So it is up to you now, where you would like to go.
If you join the company as engineer, they you will have to go for field visit very often.
however, if you go for MBA, most probably you would be working in head/corporate office.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?