4th January 2010, 09:13 AM
Praveena C

Eligibility criteria for NRIs to write IIT entrance exam? Date of the entrance exam and which subjects to be studied?

What are the eliglbility criterias for NRIs to write the IIT entrance exam? when is the entrance held and what are the subjects to be studied?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it good to write JEE entrance after Diploma? Should i go for AIEEE instead? -- [New]
  2. Can I do software engineering course after completion of graduation?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria followed for applying WBJEE exam after completion of 10th standard from CBSE board?
  4. Can I get admission for MBBS? I have scored 26 in BSc Botany
  5. Date of availability of NRI quota for GUJCET?
  6. Can I study B.Arch in any Architecture College of Goa with NATA scorecard?
  7. Any chance of Aeronautical engineering after Diploma in Automobile engineering?
  8. Date of entrance exam, last date of exam, eligibility and syllabus for M.Sc entrance exam of Banaras Hindu University?
  9. Which subjects to be studied for MHA entrance exam of TISS institute? List of other government recognized universities and their exam dates? Date of sale of forms and question papers?
  10. Eligibility criteria to write KPSC entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria for it?
  11. Eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE examination? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How to get admission in B.Arch Correspondence course with 16 years experience?
  13. Eligibility criteria and syllabus for IIT JAM entrance exam?
  14. How much percentage is required to take admission in software engineering?
  15. Date of entrance exam of MSc IT? Date of sale of forms of the entrance exam? Which subjects are there in MSc IT exam and books to be referred for it?
  16. Is it possible to study MBBS after completing 2 years of B.Sc?
  17. Eligibility criteria, syllabus and examination date of Ph.D entrance exam conducted by NIN Hyderabad? Procedure to get admission?
  18. Am I eligible for MCA if haven't taken Maths in 10+2?
1st June 2011, 12:30 AM
hitendra kumar malik

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria for NRIs to write IIT entrance exam? Date of the entrance exam and which subjects to be studied?

you have to pass your 12th with 60% and you have only 15% sheets in iit...
you have to get rank under this 15% criteria.

all the best my my friend
1st June 2011, 05:37 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for NRIs to write IIT entrance exam? Date of the entrance exam and which subjects to be studied?

You can get admission in IITs through the NRI Quota.
you have to take admission on the basis of SAT scores, and about last two years through the JEE exam.

so keep studying properly your own subjects as you can,you will must get chance in IITs or any other high profiled institutions.
2nd June 2011, 09:11 AM
piyush.kiitb8

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for NRIs to write IIT entrance exam? Date of the entrance exam and which subjects to be studied?

In IIT entrance exam Eligibility criteria for NRIs-
passed 12th examination with physics,chemistry,maths minimum 60% marks will obtained in any board or reconised university.
entrance exam conduct by IIT-JEE in may months. this year exam held 12th april.
physics, chemistry, mathematics
for more information visits at www.iitk.ac.in,www.iit-jee.ac.in
2nd June 2011, 01:07 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

There is no NRI quota in iit for UG programme.

But there is a offer for nri in PG programme.

I think you should go here;-
http://http://www.iitk.ac.in/doaa/DO...gnstudents.htm
2nd June 2011, 09:14 PM
vikul

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility criteria for NRIs to write IIT entrance exam? Date of the entrance exam and which subjects to be studied?

Dear friend,

check out the following links,they may be useful for you

www.iitjee.org/eligibility-criteria.html

www.winentrance.com/engineering.../iit.../IIT-JEE-Eligibility.html

GOOD LUCK
3rd June 2011, 08:47 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

As per the requirements it is a must that candidate will to appear for the II-JEE exam. This is applicable for NRI's also. Your score should be over 60% in the qualifying exam. In the entrance exam your score should not be less than 97 percentile. Information in this regard is available in the IIT websites.
14th June 2011, 04:39 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

NRI quota was started for those indian kids who are living outside India and want to get admission in IITs. But laterly in early 2007 it was decided to stop the admission on the basis of SAT exam for 2.5% of overall seats for NRIs because of low quality of students.

So in the end, there is no reservation for NRIs candidates.

Generally this exam is organised on second sunday of april month.
And for admission in IITs one has to study mainly three subjects :
Physics , Chemistry and maths for objective type of tests.
14th June 2011, 12:50 PM
04rust

there is no other exam for NRI . you need to appear for the IITJEE exam have a minimum marks of 60% in 12 or equivalent exam, and a age limit of 25....
for more detail log on to

>> www.iitjee.org/eligibility-criteria.html
14th June 2011, 02:13 PM
amit gaur2065

For more information, you can see the website;-
http://www.iitk.ac.in/doaa/DO...g.htmnsutdents.in
There is no NRI quota in iit for UG programme
But there is a offer for nri in PG programme.
24th May 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

I am an NRI student, and want to get admission in IIT Mumbai.
1. Is there reservation for NRI candidates?
2. Do NRI students have to give IIT-JEE exams to get admission?
3. What is the difference between JEE(main) and JEE(advanced)?
4. If Nri students have to give JEE exam, then what is the cut-off mark for them? Is it the same as general candidates?
5. What would be the fee structure for NRI candidates? Would it be same as the general candidates?
4th December 2013, 12:32 AM
SreeRamak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishwajit Giri View Post
You can get admission in IITs through the NRI Quota.
you have to take admission on the basis of SAT scores, and about last two years through the JEE exam.

so keep studying properly your own subjects as you can,you will must get chance in IITs or any other high profiled institutions.
Hi Bishwajit, Is NRI Quota still available for 2014 admissions ? Are they still considering SAT scores for NRI students ? Can you please define an NRI Student ? Is parents NRI (US Citizens) make an Indian born student an NRI student - can be considered for under NRI Quota ? What other criteria or eligibility required for using the NRI quota ? Thanks much !
13th May 2014, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

I was born in the USA .My parents are Indians. I have been studying in India but I have American citizenship so can I write JEE? Can I get into IIT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?