24th June 2016, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in Indian Air Force exam being a Commerce student?

Dear Friends,
I want to join Indian Air Force. But I am a Commerce student.So, I would like to know that with Commerce stream can I give Indian Air Force exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Commerce study is eligible for Air Force job ?
  2. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  3. Can commerce student join Air Force? I am doing B.Com from Mumbai
  4. Can a Arts, commerce or science student become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  5. What I can do after passing 12th with commerce?
  6. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for 12th Commerce girl student?
  7. Can I get officer rank in Indian Air Force after doing commerce
  8. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for 12th Commerce girl student?
  9. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible for Indian Air Force being a Commerce student without Maths? -- [New]
  11. How to prepare for Hindi Paper in Rewar Sidhi Gramin Bank?
  12. How to be a doctor in Indian Air Force? I am a class 9th student with commerce
  13. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 2nd PUC in commerce?
  14. What to do after 12th to join Indian Air Force?
  15. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  16. In which entrance exam I have to appear to join in Indian Air Force being a B.E.(ECE) final year student? Selection procedure of Indian Air Force?
  17. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 10th student? Detailed information about Indian Air Force?
  18. Eligibility for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force 2015
25th June 2016, 06:22 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in Indian Air Force exam being a Commerce student?

No, you can't appear in Indian Air Force examination being a Commerce student. If you are interested to join in Indian Air Force then, you have to appear in NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard from a Government recognised board.

The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year in the months of April and September for candidates those who are interested to join in Indian Armed Forces (Army/ Navy/ Air Force). To appear in NDA examination, you must have to fulfill the eligibility criteria specified below :-

=> You must be an Indian National.

=> You should have passed 12th standard or Higher Secondary course examinations with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> You must be an Unmarried Male candidate within the age range of 16.5 to 19 years.

=> You should be Physically as well as Mentally healthy.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have passed your 12th standard with Commerce stream which indicates that you have not pursued Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th standard, so, you are not eligible to appear in NDA (Indian Air Force) examination.
25th June 2016, 07:22 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, as a Commerce student you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force. To join Indian Airforce directly after 12th a candidate must have passed class XII with physics, chemistry and mathematics with at least 50% marks from recognised board. A non medical student then has to qualify the NDA exam that is conducted by UPSC. But as a Commerce student in cannot appear in NDA exam. Still you can apply in Indian Airforce after completion of your graduation by qualifying CDS exam.
25th June 2016, 07:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for recruitment in Air Force after commerce stream.

To join Air Force candidates have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination. NDA entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination for recruitment in Air Force is that the candidates must have passed or pursuing in 10+2. Candidates must have PCM as main paper. Candidates age must be between 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages and candidates have to qualify in both stages. But, you are eligible to appear in examination for recruitment in Indian Army. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
25th June 2016, 08:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for Indian Air force exam if you satisfy all the eligibility criteria required to appear for the exam. According to your qualification, you can apply for AFCAT for Flying branch and if you possess post graduation degree, you can apply for Ground duty branch of Indian Air Force .

AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test .

One can apply for Technical Branch,Flying branch and Ground duty branch of Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam .

Eligibility criteria for AFCAT exam are as under :-

Flying branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 24 years .

-The candidate should have passed Graduation in any discipline with at least 60% marks from a recognized university .

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics .

-The candidate should have passed Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).

Ground duty branch :

-The candidate age limit should be in between 20 - 26 years .

-The candidate should have passed Post Graduation degree in any stream with at least 50% marks from a recognized university . .

Selection procedure :

Screening Test

Psychological Test ,

Group discussion & Interview .
25th June 2016, 09:58 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** No you are not eligible to appear in Indian Air Force exam being a Commerce student

** For Indian Air Force you must have 12th pass along with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 50%.

** The age of candidate must be minimum of 17 years.

** My suggestion to you is that you can join Indian Army with commerce stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?