21st July 2013, 10:40 AM
vikramsingh26

Can I get officer rank in Indian Air Force after doing commerce

i am from commerce stream, b.com. Final year prussing student. Can i get officer rank in indian air force like squadron leader etc. ?

Related Questions:
  1. How to join officer rank in Air Force?
  2. How to join Indian Air Force after completing 2nd PUC in commerce?
  3. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How can I join Indian Air Force after completing 12th commerce?
  5. What is the scope in Indian Air Force after BCA ?
  6. How to prepare for Hindi Paper in Rewar Sidhi Gramin Bank?
  7. Do girls have any opportunities in Airforce after 12th? How can I apply for it?
  8. Date of entrance exam for commerce graduates for the post of Ground Duty Officer in IAF?
  9. Qualification and physical standard required for Indian Customs Officer job? -- [New]
  10. How can I become an Air Force officer after passing 12th Non Medial? Which qualification is important to become an Air Force Officer?
  11. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  12. What should I do after passing 12th science?
  13. What to do to get officers rank in Air Force after B.Com?
  14. How to be a flying officer at Indian Air Force?
  15. Can a Arts, commerce or science student become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  16. Procedure to become an Indian Air Force Officer after Mechanical Engineering? How to get admission in Air Force as Women Candidate?
  17. Can I enroll in IAF? Are there chances to become Squadron Leader being Mechanical Engineer?
  18. How can I become an Indian Air Force or officer after passing 12th
11th August 2013, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I get officer rank in Indian Air Force after doing commerce

im a commerce studet so i can join indian navy or indian air force as officer
12th August 2013, 12:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You haven't mentioned the exact qualification whether you are 10+2 or Graduation.

If you are 10+2 with Commerce then you are not eligible for Indian Air Force officer post through NDA exam. But you can apply for NDA exam for Indian Army officer post.

For Indian Air Force officer post you can complete B.Com and then apply for AFCAT.

After completion of Graduation in Commerce you will be eligible for Ground Duty Branch of Indian Air Force through AFCAT.

Age Limit for AFCAT Ground Duty Branch:

For Graduates the age limit is 20 - 23 years

For Post Graduates age limit is 20 - 25 years

There will be no age relaxation of any kind.

Selection Procedure:

-Written Exam

-AFSB (Air Force Selection Board) Interview

-Medical Examination

For more information visit http://www.careerairforce.nic.in
15th August 2013, 05:51 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Vikram,

First of all i would like to clear you that you cannot join the Indian Air Force with commerce stream in Graduation.

This is because those candidates who want to join the Indian Air Force after the completion of graduation can do the same through the Combined Defense Services Exam.

the Combined Defense Services Exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts this exam twice every year like NDA Exam as CDS-I & CDS-II in the months of February and September.

You are not eligible to join the Indian Air Force as per your qualifications because you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the UPSC for the CDS Exam.

The required Eligibility Criteria for CDS Exam are :

** The candidate must have completed graduation from any recognized college/university.

** The candidate must have passed graduation with Physics & Maths as Main subjects if willing to join the Indian Air Force.

** The Age Limit :

a) For Indian Militant Academy : 19-22 years

b) For Naval Academy : 19-23 years

c) For Air Force Academy : 19-24 years

d) For Officer`s Training Academy : 19-25 years

** Nationality :

>> The candidate must be an Indian Citizen. OR,

>> A Subject of Nepal. OR,

>> A Subject of Bhutan.

** Physical Standards :

>> The candidate must be mentally and physically fit.

** Sex :

>> Both Male and Female candidates are allowed to appear for the CDS Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
9th September 2013, 05:30 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

As you have mentioned you are pursuing Graduation in commerce stream you are not eligible for an Officer rank in Indian Air Force.

The cause of your ineligibility to become an Air Force officer is due to the rules set by the UPSC.

The eligibility a candidate must have to become an Air force Officer by taking up CDS examination are as follows:

* The candidate must have completed graduation in Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects from any recognized college/university.

* Age must be in between 19-24 years

* Citizenship - Indian

* Fitness - Mentally and Physically fit.

* Sex - Male / Female

As per the above qualification you are ineligible for taking up CDS examination for Air force officer.

This is the all I have to share with you.

Thanks.
15th March 2014, 11:54 PM
Unregistered

i am a girl.can i join indian navy or air force after doing commerce with maths at the officer's rank?
8th May 2014, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a 2 student in commerce i would like to jain indian army ..can i get into indian army through army recrutement
16th May 2014, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am Sarthak & completed gradaution from commerce stream in 2011. My DOB is 30/10/1990. Can i join Indian Air Force?
Please reply.
19th January 2016, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
i am a girl and pursuing my masters in science without math and physics,,can i get an officer rank job in indian air force
28th November 2019, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 12 with commerce i want to join indian air force
What i do after 12...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?