3rd October 2017, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I appear for MBBS course if I failed in 12th Maths?

Can I appear for MBBS course if I failed in 12th Maths? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are required for the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me with the information on the same soon as possible. Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

Related Questions:
4th October 2017, 12:42 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for MBBS course if I failed in 12th Maths?

No, you are not eligible to apply for admission to MBBS course if you have failed in 12th standard Mathematics subject. To be eligible to pursue MBBS course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCB stream from a Government recognised board. So, if you have qualified 12th standard PCB stream with all subjects from a Government recognised board, you are eligible to apply for admission to MBBS course.
4th October 2017, 02:47 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

According to the eligibility criteria as parents who want to become doctor and want to pursue MBBS must have completed 12th standard with medical stream from recognised board with minimum 50% marks but as you are saying that you are failed in maths so from both the cases you are not eligible for this entrance test.
4th October 2017, 08:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggests same is a bachelor degree course of five and half years ( including one year of internship ) after pursuing which one head towards becoming a doctor.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing MBBS degree course is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( 40% in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized board.

Now as far as you are concerned about pursuing MBBS degree course having failed in your Mathematics paper in your Class 12th then I would like to let you know that you are eligible if you satisfy above mentioned educational qualification provided that your board of education declare you as a passed candidate even if you does not clear your Mathematics paper otherwise you will have to first clear your Mathematics paper to get higher secondary school degree for further studies.
4th October 2017, 08:22 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, you are not eligible to sit for NEET after failing in mathematics subject of 12th class.

Any candidate passed class 12th examination with an aggregate of 50% marks in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also passed English in the qualifying examination from any recognised board can appear for the NEEF examination.

As you have failed in mathematics subject of class 12th you are not eligible for NEET examination.
4th October 2017, 08:26 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

First of all you should know that only those students are eligible to appear in this Medical Entrance Test who have completed their 12th with PCB from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks and you are a Math student and still you are not passed hence you are not eligible to appear in this test.
So you are not eligible because you are a Math student and if by chance you qualify mathematics examination then also you will not be eligible.
4th October 2017, 09:07 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

You can not apply for any competitive entrance exam for admission in higher studies if you have failed in any subject of 10+2. Although mathematics has nothing to do with MBBS course still candidates who have opted for mathematics in 10+2 need to secure minimum of passing marks in this subject.

Once you clear the exam, you can become eligible to apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for admission in MBBS or BDS course.

The other essential criteria for MBBS course is 10+2 with PCB subject and minimum of 50% marks in it.
5th October 2017, 02:55 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

= Required educational qualification for pursuing MBBS degree:

* Passed in 10+2 from any recognized board.
* Must have studied the science subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
* Must have taken minimum 45 to 50% marks from examination to examination.

= Now you have to ensure that either you are fulfilling the above mentioned eligibility criteria or not.

= If you have studied and passed the science subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as core subjects, then you are eligible.
5th October 2017, 07:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't apply for MBBS course if you have failed in Mathematics subject of 12th standard. To be eligible to apply for admission to MBBS course, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not passed Mathematics subject of your 12th standard, you need to qualify all the subjects of your 12th standard to be eligible to apply for admission to MBBS course.
7th May 2021, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply neet if I fail in mathematics in 12 standard
27th May 2021, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saikiranreddy47475 View Post
No, you can't apply for MBBS course if you have failed in Mathematics subject of 12th standard. To be eligible to apply for admission to MBBS course, you should have passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not passed Mathematics subject of your 12th standard, you need to qualify all the subjects of your 12th standard to be eligible to apply for admission to MBBS course.
As per eligibility criteria candidates must have passed class 12 from a recognized BOARD provided with minimum of 50% in marks in PCB including English so why is he not eligible for NEET
18th January 2022, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for MBBS course if I got an E for my IGCSE Maths Exam?
16th June 2022, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

Pcb was my main paper and maths was my fourth. I failed in maths. Am I eligible to appear neet?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?