5th February 2012, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for UGC NET Exam being a candidate from MA in English?

i am MA with english so can i appear in ugc net exam? if yes what have i to do?

7th February 2012, 04:12 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UGC NET Exam being a candidate from MA in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, You are Eligible to apply for NET Examination after completing your Post graduate degree course because Graduation is the minimum eligibility to apply for this examination, Final year Post graduate appearing candidates are also apply for NET Examination Provisionally but you have to scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this examination is conducts to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship.

The examination is Conducted twice in a year in the month of June and December. This year June NET Examination Notification will be published soon in the month of April 2012. Eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online Online. The examination fees of this examination is Rs 450 and you have to pay the fees through SBI Challan form.

The Syllabus of NET Examination is Availiable in the official website.

The Previous year papers is also availiable in the UGC Official Website. So please prepare well for the examination as per the pattern and Syllabus.

There will be 3 Papers in NET Examination and all examination is Conducted in same day 2 sessions, The first two papers is Objective and Last papers is Descriptive. So please prepare for this examination and then apply for NET Examination and of you need more information then check official website:

ugcnetonline.in
7th February 2012, 05:22 PM
sangita.gajjar

yes dear you can appear net examination, If you have complet your MA. exam in 55%.
The examination is Conducted twice in a year in the month of June and December. This year June NET Examination Notification will be published month of April 2012.you can apply online.plc. check the officeale web sitewww.ugc.ac.in.
7th February 2012, 06:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Yes, MA English is applicable for NET exam but your masters degree must be completed.

NET stands for National eligibility Test which is conduct through UGC.

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

UGC NET consists of three papers

1) General studies (50 objective questions)

2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)

3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

Second paper will check only after qualifying the first paper and third paper will checked after qualifying the second paper.

You can practice more the previous Question Paper .I have attached the question paper so please check it out.

For more details
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ENGLISH NET SYLLABUS.PDF(176.0 KB, 60 views)
File Type: pdf English-December-2006-2nd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 72 views)
File Type: pdf English-December-2006-3rd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 81 views)
File Type: pdf English-December-2007-2nd-paper.pdf(60.9 KB, 90 views)
14th December 2013, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my P.G course in English in Tamilnadu open university (correspondence course). Am I
eligible to attend the NET exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?