28th June 2011, 01:42 PM
ravi2323

Can I appear for UPSC exam while pursuing B.Sc in Hotel Management from Punjab Technical University?

now i am pursuing bsc in hotel management from punjab technical uni. so can i appear in upsc exam?

Related Questions:
  1. In which IHMS can I get after scoring 4495 rank in NCHM JEE?
  2. Is there any institute in Chandigarh for doing diploma in packaging and production
  3. What is the eligibility fro admission of BSc in hotel management
  4. Is Maths compulsory for pursuing Hotel Management (Chef)?
  5. How to do PG course in Hotel management? I am doing B.Tech from Krishna Engineering College
  6. Am I eligible for the post of sub inspector if I am a Hotel Management graduate?
  7. How to join HM college if I am a student of 12th science under WB board?
  8. How to do MCA after passing BSc Hotel Management and Tourism from PTU university?
  9. Can I do Post graduation in Hotel Management after B.Com Honors or is it necessary to do graduation in Hotel Management?
  10. How to do Hotel Management after passing 12th commerce in Punjab? Is there a good scope in Punjab?
  11. How can I convert diploma into BSc degree in hotel management? I have completed 3 years diploma in hotel management affiliated with Alagappa University -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Preferred books for the preparation of Hotel management entrance exams? -- [New]
  13. How to do MBA in Marketing after doing BMS? What is the fees?
  14. Is it possible to do post graduation in Hotel Management after completing Electrical Engineering?
  15. Am I eligible for NPSC exam after graduating in BSc in Hotel Management?
  16. Career opportunities in Air Force? I am pursuing my B.Tech from Punjab Technical University
  17. Details about AICTE approved engineering colleges in India? I have completed Civil Engineering
  18. Can I apply for UPSC examination after completing BSc degree from Hotel Management?
28th June 2011, 08:47 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC exam while pursuing B.Sc in Hotel Management from Punjab Technical University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi2323 View Post
now i am pursuing bsc in hotel management from punjab technical uni. so can i appear in upsc exam?
UPSC Conducts Many Examination Every Year, So you have not mentioned in your question that in which Particular Examination You are Interested to appear.

But, I Think You want to know more about Civil services examination.

And for Civil Services Examination Only Graduate Candidates are eligible. Final Year Graduate Candidates Are also eligible for UPSC Civil services examination.

So, If you are in Final Year of your B.sc Degree Course then Yes you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, But to apply for this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

Eligiblity Criteria for UPSC Examination -

- You must be a graduate in any stream from a recognised University.

- Your age should between 21 to 30 years. The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

- Final Year Appearing Candidates are also eligible for This examination.

The Notification was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website in the month of February Every year. The Examination was held 2 times and firstly you have to appear for Preliminary examination and after crack this examination you are eligible for Main Examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable on the SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

Eligible Candidates May apply for this examination Online By visit UPSC website, The application form are also availiable In the designated post offices in India, You can also obtained from there. The UPSC Have changed the Preliminary examination Pattern, So if you are Interested to apply for this examination, then please check all the information from the official website OR from the given notification And If you need the information regarding More UPSC Examination details, then please visit the UPSC Website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 90 views)
28th June 2011, 09:22 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC exam while pursuing B.Sc in Hotel Management from Punjab Technical University?

Hello,
The eligibility criteria to appear in upsc exam-
*candidate should have bachelor degree with min. Aggregate 55% from any affiliated university in any stream.
*Age criteria subject to vary in various exams conducted by upsc.
For more information you can visit the official site of upsc-www.upsc.gov.in
ok, best of luck.
28th June 2011, 11:33 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

- Your age should between 21 to 30 years. The Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

These are the general eligibility criteria for UPSC exam.

you are in Final Year of your B.sc Degree Course then Yes you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, But to apply for this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

Application form are provided on the website of UPSC-

http//www.upsc.gov.in

for more detail visit the website of UPSC.
29th June 2011, 12:43 AM
sandy.singh3

yes u can appear UPSE exam but ur age must be in between 21 to 30
29th June 2011, 12:08 PM
raja badam

Eligibility Criteria

You Must be a graduate from any Recognized university.
If Punjab technical university recognized then you are eligible for UPSC exams but conditions of age limits is applicable.
10th July 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

sir,can i opt for UPSC exam if i complete my BBA gradution from punjab technical university.
9th December 2011, 02:04 PM
rudramishra

If you are in Final Year of your B.sc Degree Course then Yes you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, But to apply for this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years.

The Notification was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website in the month of February Every year. The Examination was held 2 times and firstly you have to appear for Preliminary examination and after crack this examination you are eligible for Main Examination. Upper age relaxation is applicable on the SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

Eligible Candidates May apply for this examination Online By visit UPSC website, The application form are also availiable In the designated post offices in India, You can also obtained from there. The UPSC Have changed the Preliminary examination Pattern, So if you are Interested to apply for this examination, then please check all the information from the official website
9th December 2011, 06:32 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can I appear for UPSC exam while pursuing B.Sc in Hotel Management from Punjab Technical University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi2323 View Post

Eligibility For UPSC Exams

Generally people confuse the Civil Service Exams for the UPSC Exam but the fact is UPSC conducts many exams like NDA,CDS,SCRA,IFS,IES,Civil Services,etc..

I think that you want to know your eligibility for the Civil Service Exams..

In order to appear for the UPSC Civil Service Exams..a candidate must fulfill the following minimum conditions :-

1) You should be a graduate from a recognized college or a final year graduation student..

2) You should be within the age limit of 21-30 years if you belong to general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST..

The maximum number of attempts permitted for the general candidates is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

Since Punjab Technical University is a recognized college..hence you are perfectly eligible for the Civil Service Exams provided that you fulfill the age criterion..

The Civil Service Exam contains 2 rounds..

1) Prelims :- The Prelims shall test mainly your aptitude,general knowledge and current affairs..

2) Mains :- The Mains shall test your graduation knowledge..which shall consist 9 papers..

After you clear the Mains..you will qualify for the final interview..

The forms for the next Civil Service Exams shall be out on 4th February,2012 and the last date for form submission is 5th March,2012..

The Prelims shall take place on 20th May,2012 and the Mains shall take place on 5th October,2012..

The results for the interview shall be declared just before the Prelims of the next year..

For any further info on the exam..just log on to the official website of UPSC which is http://upsc.gov.in

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?