3rd January 2012, 03:04 PM
Gyan Prakash singh

Can I apply for AFCAT after passing B.Tech 5th semester branch electronics and communication?

I am in b.tech third year 5th semester branch electronics and communication.
can I apply afcat 2012?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Technical branch in AFCAT after passing Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  2. How to join the Indian Police after B.Tech?
  3. Procedure to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 5th semester BE in Electronics and Instrumentation? Information regarding University Entry Scheme?
  4. Can Girls join Indian Air Force after completing 12th PCM? Procedure to join? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Cochin University B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering 5th Sem-Advanced Microprocessors & Microcontrollers Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  6. Can I apply for technical section in AFCAT?
  7. Can I eligible for Air Force through CDS or AFCAT having secured 68% in B.Tech having one backlog in B.Tech 1st semester?
  8. Procedure to apply for Internship in HAL, BHEL or BEL of Bangalore campus for B.E.(ECE) 5th semester student?
  9. What is the criteria to apply for job after electronics and communication
  10. Question bank for Anna University Chennai Electronics and Communication Engineering 5th semester?
  11. Procedure to apply for Training/Internship programme in SAIL Bokaro Steel Plant for B.Tech Electronics & Telecommunication 5th semester student?
  12. Can I apply for AFCAT while doing 3rd year B.Tech in ECE?
  13. Procedure to apply for Internship/Training in SAIL-Bokaro for B.Tech(E&TC) 5th semester student?
  14. How may I do Summer training? I'm in B.Tech 5th semester from SPSU(Udaipur)
  15. How can an Electronics Engineer join Air Force? -- [New]
  16. How to do internship in core companies? I am a 5th semester electronics and communication student
  17. Books to be referred for semester 5th of Electronics branch?
  18. Can I apply for NTPC with Electronics and Communication branch?
13th January 2012, 11:08 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for AFCAT after passing B.Tech 5th semester branch electronics and communication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyan Prakash singh View Post
can I apply afcat 2012?
Yes you are eligible to apply for the Indian Air force AFCAT examination for the year 2012. You can apply for the Indian Air force through University entry scheme only(UES). This entry scheme is only for the pre final year students of engineering and you can only apply for the TECHNICAL BRANCH and not eligible to apply for the other branches.
The eligibility required for you in the above examination is given below:

Education Qualification
For the above examination you should be in pre final year of engineering and also you should not have any current backlog. In case of backlog you are not eligible for this entry scheme.

Age Limit
For the Air force common admission test your age should be between
18-28 years for Technical branch.

For more information on AFCAT examination you can also visit at the below web site
http://careerairforce.nic.in
13th January 2012, 12:49 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for AFCAT after passing B.Tech 5th semester branch electronics and communication?

AFCAT- AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST, yes you can apply for this exam 2012. You can do this through University Entry Scheme(UES).

The eligible candidate should be a pre final year student of Engineering having no backlog of semesters. The students with backlog are not eligible to AFCAT. The candidate should be within the age group of 18 to 28 years of age.

For detailed information regarding AFCAT you may log on to www.careerairforce.nic.in
13th January 2012, 05:55 PM
zilku

Default Re: Can I apply for AFCAT after passing B.Tech 5th semester branch electronics and communication?

No, you are not yet eligible for AFCAT because for it you should at least complete your B.Tech first. Details for eligibility I have provided here:

Details of Courses are as follow:-

Female Candidates
Course Total Seat
Flying Branch 38 SSC
1.Age :- 19-23 years as on 1st January 2012
2.Educational Qualification:- B.E./B/Tech. Degree or Graduate Degree in any subjects with 60% marks secured and passed 10+2 in physics/math’s

Technical Branch 52 SSC
1. Age :- 18-28 years as on 1stJanuary 20122. Educational Qualification:-Aeronautical Engineering(Electronics/Mechanical with 60 % secured marks

Ground Duty Branches 40 SSC
1. Age :- 20-27 years as on 1stJanuary 20122. Educational Qualification:-PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects with 60 % marks secured

Male Candidates

Course Total Seat
Flying Branch 9 SSC
1.Age :- 19-23 years as on 1st January 2012
2.Educational Qualification:- B.E./B/Tech. Degree or Graduate Degree in any subjects with 60% marks secured and passed 10+2 in physics/math’s

Technical Branch 80 AEC and 52 SSC
1. Age :- 18-28 years as on 1stJanuary 20122.
2.Educational Qualification:-Aeronautical Engineering(Electronics/Mechanical with 60 % secured marks).

Ground Duty Branches 131 GDOC and 24 SSC
1. Age :- 20-27 years as on 1stJanuary 20122.
2.Educational Qualification:-PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects with 60 % marks secured.
13th January 2012, 07:09 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, my friend you will not be eligible for AFCAT exam after completion of B.tech 5th semester..

To appear in AFCAT exam you have to be in final year/pass out candidate..

Eligibility for AFCAT exam:-

1.Ground duty branch:-

Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

Age should be in between 20-27 years.

2.Flying branch:-

Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade but must have had maths and physics in 12th.

Age should be in between 19-23 years.

3.Technical branch:-

Candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.

Age should be in between 18-28 years.

Final year candidates can also apply for AFCAT exam..

So, first complete your B.tech course then go for the exam.
All the best.
20th January 2012, 11:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
can I apply afcat 2012?
Sorry to say that 3th sem student are not applicable for AFCAT exam but 7 th sem student are applicable for AFCAT exam.

Details of the AFCAT exam:-

1.Flying branch :-

Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade, but must have maths and physics in 12th..

Candidates age should be in between 19-23 years.

2.Technical branch:-

Candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering field.

Age should be in between 18-28 years.

3.Ground duty branch:-

Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade.

Age should be in between 20-27 years.

AFCAT selection Procedure

BEST BOOKS FOR AFCAT EXAM

I have attached the details of AFCAT exam in PDF file so you can choose the PDF file.

Also i have attached the syllabus and question paper for AFCAT exam.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AFCAT NOTIFICATION.PDF(456.1 KB, 147 views)
File Type: pdf AFCAT EXAM DETAILS.PDF(459.3 KB, 142 views)
File Type: pdf AFCAT FOR MEN.PDF(18.2 KB, 128 views)
File Type: pdf AFCAT FORM FOR WOMEN.PDF(18.1 KB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf AFACT GK.pdf(32.0 KB, 406 views)
File Type: pdf AFCAT.pdf(138.8 KB, 100 views)
15th May 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

what does this medical exam include?
10th June 2012, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

i am in bba final year so can i apply for afcat2012?
11th June 2012, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

Only if, if u r able to present ur provisional or original degree with due july 2013 at maximum. And u can join any branch. Except tech branch if u dnt have b.tech in aero engg
4th July 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 7th sem mechanical branch (BE).can i apply for AFCAT?If yes please detail me fill online application form.
4th July 2012, 07:29 PM
Nitish Gaur

Yes, my friend you can apply for AFCAT II 2012. As the training of this batch will commence in the month of July 2013, and upto then you will have completed your degree.
Last date to apply is 09/07/2012.
Apply online using http://careerairforce.nic.in/.
4th July 2012, 07:42 PM
Nitish Gaur

Yes, my friend you can apply for AFCAT II 2012. As the training of this batch will commence in the month of July 2013, and upto then you will have completed your degree.
Last date to apply is 09/07/2012.
Apply online using http://careerairforce.nic.in/.
4th July 2012, 11:10 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student of 7th sem mechanical branch (BE).can i apply for AFCAT?If yes please detail me fill online application form.
yess u can give AFCAT. criteria is that ur aggregate must be 60% n u should not have any recent backlog. just fill online form of AFCAT on careerairforce.nic.in
do keep ready your scanned photo in minimum 600*600 pixels that u hve to attach to form. n for further details.go through site..
Best Of Luck..!!
6th July 2012, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

hai sir,
I am final year b.tech(information technology)student,tell me sir i am eligible or not for AFCAT
15th December 2012, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

i m in b.tech 2nd year ,3rd sem student my 2nd year will end on june 2013 so, in which semester i apply for afcat exam either in 5th sem or 6th sem?
6th January 2013, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

can i apply AFCAT 1/2013 in UES entry....actually i have filled application form...nd in ma application preview its mentioned dat i have applied for UES-2014 AE(L)..i am in prefinal year...
28th February 2013, 01:24 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Can I apply for AFCAT after passing B.Tech 5th semester branch electronics and communication?

Quote:
can I apply afcat 2012?

Dear Aspirant,

Yes you are eligible for the AFCAT Recruitment.

Even though you are in the final sem you can apply for it without any problem.

But by the end of the results and at the time of interview you should show your graduation certificate to the AFCAT board.

So that you can be eligible for the training.

So in order to get selected for the training you need to show your original certificates which you claim.

So only by that you can be eligible for the recruitment process.

You are eligible for both post Flying Post and also the Technical post.

Age limit for the above post are :

Flying Post : 19-23

Technical post: 18-28

Find the attachments below for more detailed information about the afcat exam.

Hope this info helps you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Afcat - MEN.pdf(100.0 KB, 66 views)
6th April 2013, 07:58 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
can I apply afcat 2012?
When you are in the final year of your degree then you will be eligible to apply for this exam. Right now unfortunately you cannot sit for this examination i am afraid.

Indian Air Force conducts the AFCAT exam. Full form of AFCAT is Air Force Common Admission Test. Through this test you can aim at entering the following academies:-
  • Flying Branch
  • Technical Branch
  • Ground Duty Branch

Educational Qualification:-

A. Flying Branch: You need a bachelor's degree with not less than 60% of marks. You should have physics and mathematics at 10+2 level.

B. Technical Branch: You need an Engineering Degree or B.Tech Degree in Aeronautical Engineering. 60% of marks needs to be secured at graduation level.

C. Ground Duty Branch:-

1. Administration & Logistics Branch: You need a bachelor's degree with not less than 60% of marks or a post graduation degree with not less than 50% of marks.

2. Accounts Branch: You need to complete B.Com with not less than 60% of marks or M.Com with not less than 50% of marks.

3. Education Branch: You just need a post graduate degree with not less than 50% of marks in it.

Age Limit:-

1. Flying Branch: 19 to 23 years.

2. Technical Branch: 18 to 28 years.

3. Ground Duty Branch: 20 to 27 years.

Examination Pattern and Syllabus:-

Total number of MCQ's:- 100
Total Time Limit:- 2 hours
Marks For Right Answer:- 3 marks
Marks Deducted For Wrong Answer:- 1 mark

Syllabus in brief:-
  • General Awareness– History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
  • Verbal Ability in English– Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
  • Numerical Ability– Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
  • Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test– Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability

Hope this helps :-> :->
27th October 2013, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

im in 5th sem ..can i appear for AFCAT 2014 ?
5th November 2013, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

can we apply for cds in 3rd year....as
written result is when we are in final and after that interview nd medical....?????
22nd December 2013, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

I had done my b.tech in mechanical engg. Branch. Can i apply for afcat 2014
29th December 2013, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

I am doing b.sc..I m in 1st year.Can I apply for afcat exam. I want to see how many questions i 'll attempt under pressure.... plzzzz.help...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?