23rd August 2012, 11:42 AM
Bhrigu Baruah

Can I apply for Bank Clerk Exams being a candidate having scored 58.50% in 10th and 45% in 12th Class?

Can I apply for Bank Clerk Exam after I complete 10th with 58.50% and 12th with 45%?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for bank clerk exam being a candidate? I have scored 59% in 10th and 56% in 12th class -- [New]
  2. Can I apply for Bank PO Exams being a candidate having scored 56% in 10th, 67.8% in 12th and 59.25% in Graduation?
  3. Can I apply for bank PO/clerk exam after scoring 48.67% in graduation and 51.66% in 12th class
  4. Can I apply for the position of Clerk having scored 61% in 10th and 53.4% in 12th class?
  5. Can I apply for bank clerk after passing 10th with 73%?
  6. Am I eligible for Bank PO or Clerk Exams being a candidate having completed B.Sc in Mathematics and pursuing B.Ed? Procedure to apply for Bank Exams? How to prepare for Bank Exams?
  7. Will I be able to sit for SBI clerk after securing 58% in 10th?
  8. Can I apply for Bank Job having scored 115 marks in IBPS Clerk Exam but not scored 50% in 12th class and BA course?
  9. Syllabus of clerical post exam? Pattern of the entrance exam?
  10. Can I apply for Bank PO position having scored 55% in BE and 45% in 12th Class being a candidate from SC category?
  11. Can I fill forms for Clerk position of any bank being a candidate having secured 44% in 12th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Which kind of Bank Exams am I eligible for having scored 54% in 10th, 70% in 12th and 74% in UG with B.Com course?
  13. Can i apply for clerk post in Bank after scoring 71.2% in 10th and 72.3% in 12th?
  14. Can I do a Clerk Job in Government bank having secured 84% in 10th, 71% in 12th?
  15. Am I eligible for bank clerk after scoring 43 and 44% in 10th and 12th?
  16. Previous years question papers for IBPS Clerical exam
  17. Will I be to clear any Bank PO and Clerk Exams having secured 74% in 10th, 49% in Intermediate and 53% in B.Tech?
  18. Can I get Bank Clerk position being a candidate having completed 10th standard?
23rd August 2012, 01:22 PM
FIRST RANK SOLUTION

Default Re: Can I apply for Bank Clerk Exams being a candidate having scored 58.50% in 10th and 45% in 12th Class?

No,you are not eligible for bank clerk exam.
Because you not have above 60% marks in 12th which is very necessary.
So, if you want to serve in bank then you have to done your graducation degree
After it you are eligible for both IBPS and SBI clerk and po exam.
But your age should be 18 to 27 years (for Gen bank clerk).
Pattern for Bank Clerk Exam:-
Reasoning
English Language
General Awareness
Quantitative Aptitude
Computer Knowledge
Kiran's clerical grade book is also good.you can purchase it if you like..
Best of luck...
23rd August 2012, 01:25 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Bank Clerk Exams being a candidate having scored 58.50% in 10th and 45% in 12th Class?

To get Bank Clerk job you would have to appear in the IBPS Clerk examination. IBPS which stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts Bank Clerk and PO exam to fill the vaccancies in the Public Sector Undertaking Banks.

There are total of 19 PSU banks that accept candidates via the IBPS exam. In case you don't know about the PSU banks, these are the nationalised banks or you can call them government banks. Some examples of the PSU Banks are:

Syndicate Bank of India

Punjab National Bank

Bank of Baroda

Indian Overseas Bank

Canara Bank

Dena Bank

Allahabad Bank

Andhra Bank

UCO Bank

Now since you have only scored 45 percent in 12th, unfortunately you are not eligible to appear in the IBPS Clerk exam because you do not meet the percetage requirement.

IBPS Clerk Eligibility

1. Candidate must have passed 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board.

2. You need to score at least 60 percent marks in 12th board.

3. Candidates belonging to SC/ST require 55 percent marks.

As you can see, your percentage is way short to appear for the IBPS Clerk exam. The only option in front of you is to complete graduation course and then apply for the IBPS PO Exam.

PO exam is conducted by the IBPS for the posts of Probationary Officer / Management Trainee at the 19 Public Sector Undertaking Banks.

IBPS PO Eligibility

1. You need to have completed graduation course in any stream from a recognised university.

2. The age limit for IBPS PO is 20 to 30.

3. There is three years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC Candidates.

4. The relaxation for SC/ST candidates is 5 years in upper age limit/
23rd August 2012, 03:02 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
first and basic need required for bank clerk exam is nationality. The nationality of the student who is willing to appear in clerk exam must be Indian. We can say that he/she should be citizen of the India.

The second eligibility criterion for bank clerk exam is age limit. The age limit must lies in range of 18-28 years. There are some relaxation in age limit for reserved classes like 3 years for OBC (other backward class) and 5 years for ( SC/ST) Scheduled tribes and Scheduled caste candidates. The basic qualification for appearing for this exam is 12th.

The student must have more than 60 percent aggregate marks in 12th. Some banks considered Diploma courses equivalent to 12th but main criteria for diploma students are following-

The student must have a diploma of 2 years or more than it. The diploma courses from various private colleges are not valid. The diploma must be full time and should be from some reputated government institution. The candidate, who is applying for some particular state, must know the regional and local language of that state.

The most important thing for bank clerk exam is ability to read, write and speak English language. Once you have fulfilled all above criterion's then you are eligible to appear for the bank clerk exam. The first round is written test and second round is interview round. Some banks also involve description test, which take place after the Objective test on the same day.
Best of luck
23rd August 2012, 05:16 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As you have secured 58.5% marks in 10th and 45% marks in 12th, it is not possible for you to apply for Bank Clerical Exam as conducted generally by SBI and IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection).

To be eligible to apply for SBI Clerical exam, one must be an Indian Citizen having either completed 12th with 60% marks in any stream from a recognised Board OR have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good knowledge over computer.

To be eligible t apply for IBPS bank Clerical exam, one must be an Indian Citizen having either completed 10th with 60% marks OR having completed 12th with 50% marks in any stream from a recognised Board OR having completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 18 to 28 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate with good command over computer.

As you have not secured the required qualifying marks, you are not eligible to apply for Bank Clerical exam which you can do after completion of Graduation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ibps.in AND http://www.statebankofindia.com
24th August 2012, 10:08 AM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->YES,you are eligible because you have completed your graduation degree.

-->you can try fot SBI,IBPS etc. bank exams.

-->Eligibility criteria for IBPS bank PO exam:-

-candidate must have completed the graduation from recognised university.

-final year candidates are also eligible.

-age should be in between 21-30 years.

-for SC/ST 5 years relaxation is there and for OBC relaxation of 3 years.

-candidate must be indian.

-->Eligibility criteria for IBPS bank clerical exam:-

-candidate must have completed the +2 from recognised board.

-+2 standard candidates are also eligible.

-age should be in between 18-28 years.

-->Eligibility criteria for SBI bank PO exam:-

-candidate must have completed the graduation from recognised university.

-final year candidates are also eligible.

-candidate must have 60% marks.

-age should be in between 21-30 years.

-->Eligibility criteria for SBI bank clerical exam:-

-candidate must have completed the +2 from recognised board.

-+2 standard candidates are also eligible.

-age should be in between 18-28 years.

-candidate must have 60% marks.

Regards
Guri Kaur

all the best...go ahead!!!
30th August 2012, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

how to apply for bank exams in online process?
22nd November 2012, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for bank po exam being a candidate having scored 44% in bsc?
22nd November 2012, 06:28 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Iam sorry to say this you are not eligible for bank clerk exam, because you have not sufficient percentage in your 12th standard the minimum percentage to apply clerk exam is 50% of marks in 12th standard.

But don't worry after completion of your graduation you are eligible for Bank PO exam. The complete details about bank exams are given below.

The best way for bank exams is IBPS(Institute of Banking Personal Selection) exam.

IBPS conducts the clerk and PO exams under 19 banking sectors.

List of banks:-

Eligibility criteria for Bank clerk:-

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO:-

The candidate must have to complete graduation from a recognised university.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

Candidate must be a indian origin.

Age criteria:-

The age limits are 21 to 30years,

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

Written test,

Personal interview.

Best of luck.
5th March 2013, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

i passed my 10th in 1997 and 12th in 2010 with 65% can i apply for bank clerical post and i am a widow
12th May 2013, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i had passed 12th in 56.60%. and i want to know in which competitive exam i able to sit and i belong to general caste.
3rd July 2013, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma in in engineering with more than 60%, 12th with 56%, and 10th with 59%.. so can i apply for Any Bank Exam for Clerical as well as PO exam....
9th July 2013, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

Can i apply for banking clerk, po with 45% marks in 12th and 60% marks in graduation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?